William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We took our 24 hybrid off road. It was just light off roading but it was over routs and rocks. We had a good time and felt good that the maverick performed well. We were pocono mountains in pennsylvania and don't often go off road but when we want to we can.

Ford Maverick hybrid off roading 20231216_081515_HDR
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid owners don't take this the wrong way - please, please, please DO NOT think your vehicle is off road capable - it is not.

I know OP isn't claiming to have wheeled it off road (looks more like a cut gravel trail) but do not have any confidence in your hybrid off road. It is no more capable than a FWD focus. It has an open limited slip front diff, no tow hooks, and dog shit all season conti tires.

You're going to have a bad time if you take your hybrid off road.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hybrid owners don't take this the wrong way - please, please, please DO NOT think your vehicle is off road capable - it is not.

I know OP isn't claiming to have wheeled it off road (looks more like a cut gravel trail) but do not have any confidence in your hybrid off road. It is no more capable than a FWD focus. It has an open limited slip front diff, no tow hooks, and dog shit all season conti tires.

You're going to have a bad time fi you take your hybrid off road.
You are totally wrong. I had a good experience and will do it again, it is not made for a rock crawl but light off road the hybrid maverick work's just fine.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m too much of a coward to off road anyway!

Ford Maverick hybrid off roading IMG_3432

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only "Off Road" (this term used lightly) use mine might get is on a logging road up to a good hiking and/or camping area where drainage ruts form during rain and snow runoff. I used to go in to one such area in my FWD Datsun pulling a tent trailer but having the higher clearance would be a bonus.

I also would not attempt brining a trailer up there as I am older and wiser than I used to be!

Sponsored

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're going to have a bad time fi you take your hybrid off road.
yea when i think of off road i think of sloppy mud and rocks, thats why im getting the tremor

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are totally wrong. I had a good experience and will do it again, it is not made for a rock crawl but light off road the hybrid maverick work's just fine.
What am I wrong about? the open diff? Lack of tow hooks? Crappy all-seasons?

"Light off-road" is not a cut gravel trail. Off road is not a field used for parking at large events.

I"m not trying to criticize the hybrid, but it is no more capable than any other limited slip open diff FWD vehicle on the road today. No more capable than a minivan or a compact car.

Do you have anymore photos from your "off road" excursion? Because the photo in your thread looks like a gravel driveway or parking lot.

gator_dub

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid; 1967 VW Karmann Ghia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple things here to just clarify for future readers.

1. ""Off road" is a pretty broad term. It could quite literally mean "not on a paved road" or on a rutty muddy trail.
2. The Hybrid powertrain has a computer controlled ECVT that is capable of providing some limited slip characteristics but is not a true LSD.
3. I would say the hybrid Maverick(or any Maverick) is more capable than a Ford Focus just by the fact that it has more ground clearance.

I have taken many FWD vehicles (cars and crossovers) camping and on dirt/gravel/rock trails without an issue.

You would want to consider AWD in any conditions where the surface would start to become unlevel and/or in wet or snowy conditions.

For "Off road" packaged vehicles, the majority of owners will never use any of the capabilities of their vehicles. It's mostly marketing to consumers so they can feel "outdoorsy".

Enjoy your Mavericks!

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only "Off Road" (this term used lightly) use mine might get is on a logging road up to a good hiking and/or camping area where drainage ruts form during rain and snow runoff. I used to go in to one such area in my FWD Datsun pulling a tent trailer but having the higher clearance would be a bonus.

I also would not attempt brining a trailer up there as I am older and wiser than I used to be!
Logging roads and ruts is off roading. You don't need a tremor to go off road. Tremors are better for off roading but not required to enjoy the outdoors.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A couple things here to just clarify for future readers.

1. ""Off road" is a pretty broad term. It could quite literally mean "not on a paved road" or on a rutty muddy trail.
2. The Hybrid powertrain has a computer controlled ECVT that is capable of providing some limited slip characteristics but is not a true LSD.
3. I would say the hybrid Maverick(or any Maverick) is more capable than a Ford Focus just by the fact that it has more ground clearance.

I have taken many FWD vehicles (cars and crossovers) camping and on dirt/gravel/rock trails without an issue.

You would want to consider AWD in any conditions where the surface would start to become unlevel and/or in wet or snowy conditions.

For "Off road" packaged vehicles, the majority of owners will never use any of the capabilities of their vehicles. It's mostly marketing to consumers so they can feel "outdoorsy".

Enjoy your Mavericks!
Thank you for your insight and clarity.

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, you win. The hybrids are fantastically capable off road vehicles, until you need more capability.
Hey man, any car will go off-road if you take it there. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What am I wrong about? the open diff? Lack of tow hooks? Crappy all-seasons?

"Light off-road" is not a cut gravel trail. Off road is not a field used for parking at large events.

I"m not trying to criticize the hybrid, but it is no more capable than any other limited slip open diff FWD vehicle on the road today. No more capable than a minivan or a compact car.

Do you have anymore photos from your "off road" excursion? Because the photo in your thread looks like a gravel driveway or parking lot.
The pic is in my mountain house driveway. I did not take any pics when off roading. Next time

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
85 Yota lifted on 35s enters the chat....y'all wanna off road?

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP: Glad you had a good time, wherever you took your truck!

I live at the end of a rough, rocky, rutted & steep gravel road. To me, it is "off road," as in off the pavement. It is also as off-road as I care to be. My FWD Hybrid does great on it, no problem. That being said, I did get rid of the OEM Continentals the second day of ownership. Beware of those original equipment tires, as the tread depth is not very deep.

@710-oil-614 : Enjoy your tremor, wherever you take it - even if it's only to a pissin' match. ;)
Sponsored