Sponsored

Mr Robot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
2022 Ford Maverick Caught In The Bare Metal, Revealing Its Design

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Unibody Fully Revealed! 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead

The Motor1.com reader snapped these fantastic images of the Ford Maverick in the bare body in white, and the person was kind enough to share them with us. The pictures are by far the best look yet at the Blue Oval's upcoming pickup that rides on a unibody platform.

This is purely the body for the Maverick without any extra bits of trim or the interior. In profile, the truck has a pretty strong resemblance to the Ranger but in a slightly smaller footprint. The creases around each wheel well are similar to what's on the F-150.

There's also a shot inside the cargo bed, and it raises some concerns. The area looks very tiny. Getting a 4-foot by 8-foot in there doesn't seem possible. We showed the picture to our partners at RideApart.com and asked about putting a motorcycle back there. They were dubious with comments like: "You wouldn't catch me putting a bike in there," and "Yeah, it looks pretty short for a proper-sized dirtbike to fit."

The Maverick Is Coming:

While this one has no glass, earlier spy shots tell us that the Maverick has a sliding rear window, which should be great bringing a little fresh air into the cabin. In the profile pictures, you can see that there's a hole for a sunroof over the front seats, too.

Mechanically, we know that the Maverick rides on the same platform that's underneath Ford vehicles like the Bronco Sport, Focus, and Escape. This means that lower-tier trims might be front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive should be available. Judging by what the engineers are doing with the Bronco Sport, there's evidence that the company could turn the Maverick into a capable, little off-roader, if there's the proper demand for one.

The Maverick should be on sale in late 2021 or early 2022. Expect the full unveiling to happen next year.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Unibody Fully Revealed! 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Unibody Fully Revealed! 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-profile
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Unibody Fully Revealed! 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-side
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Unibody Fully Revealed! 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-bed
Sponsored

used2jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 P71 Crown Vic
@North7 It was my first car. The 4 door, in GREEN. Since it is looking like this will be an MY22, part of me is thinking about waiting on the Bronco...

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Very Nice,
Regards
Doc

EDIT: I hope they make the super cab also.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
The Maverick will be a neat little truck for sure, but I wonder if it will even make a good weekend warrior. I just sold a little '92 Toyota pick-up. And, while I don't think you could kill it with a stick of dynamite, that small bed (53") wasn't large enough to haul many things I needed to carry. I'm sure there will be a market for a truck this size, but I'm not sure how big that market will be. However, I do wish Ford much luck with the Maverick.

Reactions: Doc

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Bronco
I thought this would be closer to the Bronco Sport. I know they're the same platform, but the sheet metal is significantly different. I was thinking it would be a part of the Bronco family but I guess not. Hopefully there will at least be an off-road trim.

1971Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT/2016 Ford F150 XL.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@North7 It was my first car. The 4 door, in GREEN. Since it is looking like this will be an MY22, part of me is thinking about waiting on the Bronco...
It was my first car as well. I had a 1971 green 2 door Maverick. Loved that car.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
2022 Ford Maverick Caught In The Bare Metal, Revealing Its Design

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead.jpg

The Motor1.com reader snapped these fantastic images of the Ford Maverick in the bare body in white, and the person was kind enough to share them with us. The pictures are by far the best look yet at the Blue Oval's upcoming pickup that rides on a unibody platform.

This is purely the body for the Maverick without any extra bits of trim or the interior. In profile, the truck has a pretty strong resemblance to the Ranger but in a slightly smaller footprint. The creases around each wheel well are similar to what's on the F-150.

There's also a shot inside the cargo bed, and it raises some concerns. The area looks very tiny. Getting a 4-foot by 8-foot in there doesn't seem possible. We showed the picture to our partners at RideApart.com and asked about putting a motorcycle back there. They were dubious with comments like: "You wouldn't catch me putting a bike in there," and "Yeah, it looks pretty short for a proper-sized dirtbike to fit."

The Maverick Is Coming:

While this one has no glass, earlier spy shots tell us that the Maverick has a sliding rear window, which should be great bringing a little fresh air into the cabin. In the profile pictures, you can see that there's a hole for a sunroof over the front seats, too.

Mechanically, we know that the Maverick rides on the same platform that's underneath Ford vehicles like the Bronco Sport, Focus, and Escape. This means that lower-tier trims might be front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive should be available. Judging by what the engineers are doing with the Bronco Sport, there's evidence that the company could turn the Maverick into a capable, little off-roader, if there's the proper demand for one.

The Maverick should be on sale in late 2021 or early 2022. Expect the full unveiling to happen next year.

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-lead.jpg
2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-profile.jpg
2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-side.jpg
2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-bed.jpg
Any word on towing capacity for the 4WD version? I need it to be able to tow my boat & trailer (3900 lb.)

Think they’ll make a Lariat edition? That’s what I’d be interested in..

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
The Maverick will be a neat little truck for sure, but I wonder if it will even make a good weekend warrior. I just sold a little '92 Toyota pick-up. And, while I don't think you could kill it with a stick of dynamite, that small bed (53") wasn't large enough to haul many things I needed to carry. I'm sure there will be a market for a truck this size, but I'm not sure how big that market will be. However, I do wish Ford much luck with the Maverick.
Looks more useful than the Jeep Gladiator bed, That bed has side walls that are very very short and only fit enough for something that lays down flat. If you have any size of taller cargo you need to tie it down or it will fall out.