Sponsored

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello Maverick Family. Put together another video. This is the THINKWARE X1000. I saw the "basic" camera that Ford offers on their website and noticed that they do an installation via the OBD port. I really liked the idea of not having to splice any additional wires and went with the X1000. I already use my phone with the Apple Car Play and didn't want to rely on my phone to relay speed, location, etc.. This model does not offer the wifi feature to hook up to your device, however the optional GPS attachment will do the trick. Pop out the SD card and you are able to easily view your videos on your PC.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to do the same.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Maverick Family. Put together another video. This is the THINKWARE X1000. I saw the "basic" camera that Ford offers on their website and noticed that they do an installation via the OBD port. I really liked the idea of not having to splice any additional wires and went with the X1000. I already use my phone with the Apple Car Play and didn't want to rely on my phone to relay speed, location, etc.. This model does not offer the wifi feature to hook up to your device, however the optional GPS attachment will do the trick. Pop out the SD card and you are able to easily view your videos on your PC.

More good information about safe direct wiring accessories.

Sponsored

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
**EDIT - I found it so nevermind :) **

Sorry for the newbie question, but where does the OBD port for the dashcam get plugged into underneath the drivers side? Is that going into the engine compartment that you mentioned in your radar detector video? I don't see an existing port, so just a bit confused by that.

This looks like an awesome setup. Really appreciate the video.

Last edited:

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the OBD install. Too bad the camera is only rated to -4°F Storage and 14°F Operating minimum temperatures. That's the one challenge in Minnesota is waiting 10 minutes into your drive for your camera to turn on because it finally came to temp...

perfectlyfrank

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same install with the Thinkware F200 Pro with rear camera. I know the quality isn't as good as the X1000, but I didn't need the LCD screen and liked the smaller size of the front camera.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the OBD port connection come standard with the X1000 or is that a separate purchase?

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What is the rear view mirror itself like? Could you install/replace with a digital mirror that has the camera built in?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sorry for the newbie question, but where does the OBD port for the dashcam get plugged into underneath the drivers side? Is that going into the engine compartment that you mentioned in your radar detector video? I don't see an existing port, so just a bit confused by that.

OBD port is located slightly to the right of the hood release.

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Does the OBD port connection come standard with the X1000 or is that a separate purchase?
Amazon has it for $45 with free shipping via Prime. Thinkware wanted $9 to ship it so I said no thank you lol.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
What is the rear view mirror itself like? Could you install/replace with a digital mirror that has the camera built in?
I’m sure you could. I just wanted to give it more of a standard factory look and didn’t want to bother with it. With the camera placed behind it , you really don’t even know it’s there.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Thanks for this vid, I will probably install a front cam in a similar fashion
Sponsored