XLT
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim
XLT
Hello Maverick Family. Put together another video. This is the THINKWARE X1000. I saw the "basic" camera that Ford offers on their website and noticed that they do an installation via the OBD port. I really liked the idea of not having to splice any additional wires and went with the X1000. I already use my phone with the Apple Car Play and didn't want to rely on my phone to relay speed, location, etc.. This model does not offer the wifi feature to hook up to your device, however the optional GPS attachment will do the trick. Pop out the SD card and you are able to easily view your videos on your PC.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to do the same.

Advertisement

uh50

XL
First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Maverick Family. Put together another video. This is the THINKWARE X1000. I saw the "basic" camera that Ford offers on their website and noticed that they do an installation via the OBD port. I really liked the idea of not having to splice any additional wires and went with the X1000. I already use my phone with the Apple Car Play and didn't want to rely on my phone to relay speed, location, etc.. This model does not offer the wifi feature to hook up to your device, however the optional GPS attachment will do the trick. Pop out the SD card and you are able to easily view your videos on your PC.

More good information about safe direct wiring accessories.

LGRW_GoGRG

XLT
First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Trim
XLT
**EDIT - I found it so nevermind :) **

Sorry for the newbie question, but where does the OBD port for the dashcam get plugged into underneath the drivers side? Is that going into the engine compartment that you mentioned in your radar detector video? I don't see an existing port, so just a bit confused by that.

This looks like an awesome setup. Really appreciate the video.

Last edited:

Matchstick08

XLT
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Trim
XLT
I like the OBD install. Too bad the camera is only rated to -4°F Storage and 14°F Operating minimum temperatures. That's the one challenge in Minnesota is waiting 10 minutes into your drive for your camera to turn on because it finally came to temp...

perfectlyfrank

Lariat
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Trim
Lariat
I did the same install with the Thinkware F200 Pro with rear camera. I know the quality isn't as good as the X1000, but I didn't need the LCD screen and liked the smaller size of the front camera.

LelandJ

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke
Trim
Lariat
Does the OBD port connection come standard with the X1000 or is that a separate purchase?

mrjspence

XLT
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Trim
XLT

What is the rear view mirror itself like? Could you install/replace with a digital mirror that has the camera built in?

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

XLT
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim
XLT
Sorry for the newbie question, but where does the OBD port for the dashcam get plugged into underneath the drivers side? Is that going into the engine compartment that you mentioned in your radar detector video? I don't see an existing port, so just a bit confused by that.

OBD port is located slightly to the right of the hood release.

LGRW_GoGRG

XLT
First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Trim
XLT

Does the OBD port connection come standard with the X1000 or is that a separate purchase?
Amazon has it for $45 with free shipping via Prime. Thinkware wanted $9 to ship it so I said no thank you lol.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

XLT
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim
XLT
What is the rear view mirror itself like? Could you install/replace with a digital mirror that has the camera built in?
I’m sure you could. I just wanted to give it more of a standard factory look and didn’t want to bother with it. With the camera placed behind it , you really don’t even know it’s there.

Arukoru

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Trim
Lariat
Thanks for this vid, I will probably install a front cam in a similar fashion

Advertisement

Advertisement