Sponsored

Is the Maverick worth it? Aligning expectations.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like you are a very invested Ford fan so I have no designs on changing your mind but I have to largely agree with the post by Gabbydad that triggered you so much.

Sitting in the Lariat trim Maverick at my dealer a couple months ago, the interior absolutely felt like a step down from my 2017 Ford Escape. Maybe it's "Built Ford tough" but it also feels like it's "Built Ford Cheaper", too.

Assuming it looks like it was competently assembled, I'll still take delivery of mine and enjoy it for what it is but I absolutely hope that future model years provide significant upgrades in the interior department over these, even if an associated price increase comes along with it.
Well I use to work for Ford building F150’s up until they close the plant and sent my job to Mexico along with my loyalty. I own a 2019 Honda CR-V, great vehicle but the metals so thin I’m afraid to touch it for leaving a permanent dent. My CR-V interior is nice and plush with soft touch points and leather but my Maverick’s interior was built to a price point that I understood before I picked it up before ever even seeing one. Unlike my CR-V I’m not afraid to touch or lean on it for the metal body sturdy and firm. I bought the Maverick as an inexpensive vehicle to tow a camper trailer and after the first 1000 miles i know i made the right choice. I did the research and and after building F150’s for nearly 12 year i do believe I know Ford truck and the Maverick is built Ford Truck Tough.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Well I use to work for Ford building F150’s up until they close the plant and sent my job to Mexico along with my loyalty. I own a 2019 Honda CR-V, great vehicle but the metals so thin I’m afraid to touch it for leaving a permanent dent. My CR-V interior is nice and plush with soft touch points and leather but my Maverick’s interior was built to a price point that I understood before I picked it up before ever even seeing one. Unlike my CR-V I’m not afraid to touch or lean on it for the metal body sturdy and firm. I bought the Maverick as an inexpensive vehicle to tow a camper trailer and after the first 1000 miles i know i made the right choice. I did the research and and after building F150’s for nearly 12 year i do believe I know Ford truck and the Maverick is built Ford Truck Tough.
I don't really disagree with any of that but it's also basically the same thing the other poster said that you were replying to/taking exception with.

As for that Honda, those are nice lil cars, I've almost went with one the last few times I've bought an Escape. For what's it worth, as annoying as thin metals are, I'll take them over the piss poor metal prep/paint job that me and many other 2017 Escape owners got with our Kentucky built Escapes. Ford's paint certainly isn't always tough, it's definitely one of my largest Maverick-concerns.
40k miles, no accidents, well maintained:

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick worth it?  Aligning expectations. IMG_8737cro

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
No offense but for about 36k I could spec out a base, 4 dr, 4wd Ranger. I'd do that.

The Maverick I get would be XL only adding the 2.0 and AWD, and would MSRP at 24,700. 10k less than that Ranger. Hence why I've looked at the Maverick.
Yet again. My post is clear. For the price I’m paying and the features I’m getting, it’s a no brainer and totally worth it for me. A base Ranger means nothing to me. No leather, no remote start, nothing. It’s a downgrade from my Grand Cherokee and it doesn’t make sense to me. Plus, the interior is smaller than the Mav.
Hard pass.

I’ll take every option I want/need on the Mav and pay $36k than settle for a base Ranger/insert any mid size truck here that is missing what I want. Plus, I don’t tow, I don’t off road, blah blah blah.

You get the idea.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, to me, my Maverick represents an excellent value.

That said, as I get to know my trucklette more I see where Ford needed ensure they kept the reasonable price point.

The materials used in the interior are definitely a step down from the F150 I sold. And that’s ok, this isn’t a complaint, it’s a message to you as you get your Maverick delivered in the interest of being real. I’ve zero regrets and yes, it is worth the wait. For $30,650 I feel like I got one hell of a deal.

I open the doors from the inside gingerly being afraid I might rip them out. They feel very light. Every knob feels light and lacking substance.

Several of the exterior plastics have seams that don’t align perfectly. Close, but not 100%.

I hope you enjoy your Mavericks as they’re delivered to you!
My price tag is $23,575 for the options in my signature for the Hybrid XL.

That is an incredible deal for what I am getting. I've test driven a few Mavericks now and yes the interior materials are very basic and cheap. However I think they are an improvement over many of the materials in my $41k Bronco on order so everyone's mileage will vary. I'm also coming from 8 and 12 year old vehicles so I'm stepping up regardless.

To combat the "cheapness" of the interior feel I plan to add the weathertech floor liners (not sure why but it also makes a vehicle feel more rugged to me).

I also plan to add Katzkin leather seats (+ heated seats at that time too).

Ceramic tinted windows will add a small degree of sound deadening (as does the spray in bedliner).

All of that should take my Mav to about $26k-$27k and that will still be a phenomenal deal for what I am getting.

Zero. Regrets.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I picked up my truck last night and while I only have roughly 80 miles on it... its aligning to what I was expecting.

My primary vehicle is a 2009 Honda Fit, which was a $16K car 12 years ago. It's a sea of plastic on the interior. Although they did a good job with keeping it simple to look good, it never really felt solid. The Maverick is also a sea plastic, it feels much more substantial. There is a solidness to it that I would compare to my wife's 2019 Honda Odyssey.

Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like this conversation has happened about 50 times on here. It always goes the same way...people saying if you get anything over the hybrid xl your wrong, if your getting a fully loaded on why not get a ranger...

I have not dog in the fight as I feel people can spend there money how ever the heck the fill like it,

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like this conversation has happened about 50 times on here. It always goes the same way...people saying if you get anything over the hybrid xl your wrong, if your getting a fully loaded on why not get a ranger...

I have not dog in the fight as I feel people can spend there money how ever the heck the fill like it,
My position on it like you is people are free to spend their money as they see fit. I hope they like it.

I'm one of those Hybrid XL guys - but I am not pushing that on everyone here. It just was the total value prop of THAT set up for me.

That being said - my pet peeve is how people believe more features need to be standard or available on the entry level pick up for Ford. lol.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That being said - my pet peeve is how people believe more features need to be standard or available on the entry level pick up for Ford. lol.
I agree..I went xlt just because I plan on owning this a long time...and figured it might help some on the resell years down the road...and at the time I wanted fx4...Now I think I probably should have just done xl with 4k and call it good but o well. My truck is being built right now so I will roll with its.

Also all the dealership around me that are own by Hubler are still charging msrp on new cars...but make bank on used.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i've always driven old, poor and base trucks (manual, single cab etc). pretty sure ANYTHING new will feel like lap of luxury to me.

Like WOW, this thing has CUPHOLDERS? lol.
My Maverick is replacing a 31 year old Silverado with AC that doesn't work, power steering that doesn't give much of a boost at low speeds, and windows that I sometimes have to roll down all the way and back up in order to get it to work.

So yeah, you're damn right it'll meet my needs. It's a work truck which will provide me with some creature comforts in place of the none I have right now. Just not having to muscle the truck into a parking spot will be a plus.

I'll drive this thing until it falls apart, just like the current work truck. So yes, it's worth it.

emartinez96

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Chevy Sonic RS, 2011 SS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do i think its worth it? Yes. I traded in my 2018 F150 XL work truck. Nothing was powered. Only benifit was the supercrew aspect so much room. Needless to say i wanted the creature comforts. Better mileage, power everything, and moonroof. Its been the best choice by far. I have even taken my Base XL off road in Red Sands. I'm having a blast with it and will continue to.

Sponsored

Vickyfortin1985

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I don't have my truck yet but I know I will be happy with it!
It doesn't have the luxury other cars/truck have but I don't need it!
Who really needs a 15" screen in their truck? It looks nice, it feels rich but it's not necessary!
I have a fully equiped F150 (that i'm gonna trade in) and I don't use most of the option in it! I need a car that I can drive around with, a small bed so I can pick up wood and other stuff from time to time and a truck that won't cost me 1000$ in gaz per month!
So yeah, I know my Mav will make me happy! 👍

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
I originally had a XLT 4K/FX4 on order and found a lariat for sell at MSRP locally and bought it. I have nothing against bigger trucks but I wanted something that was easier to park and also fit in my small 2 car garage. I am a diehard Ford fan and almost bought a 2021 ranger XL but I didn't like the interior. In a few years I might take a look at the ranger 6g but until then I love the maverick.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet again. My post is clear. For the price I’m paying and the features I’m getting, it’s a no brainer and totally worth it for me. A base Ranger means nothing to me. No leather, no remote start, nothing. It’s a downgrade from my Grand Cherokee and it doesn’t make sense to me. Plus, the interior is smaller than the Mav.
Hard pass.

I’ll take every option I want/need on the Mav and pay $36k than settle for a base Ranger/insert any mid size truck here that is missing what I want. Plus, I don’t tow, I don’t off road, blah blah blah.

You get the idea.
Today 11/12/21 I just saw on TV that the average USED CAR price is now Over $28,000. I am regretting not putting a $1,000 REFUNDABLE deposit on a Rivian pickup. The deposit came with the right to purchase 175 shares at the IPO price which wound up being $78/share. It is trading today at $128+ which would be a profit of $8,750.00. Times are crazy now at least for "old schoolers". Maybe in five years a 2022 XLT base cannot afford to be sold for $50k due to the cost of replacement for it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am upgrading from a 7 year old Honda Fit Ex to a Hybrid Maverick XLT for only $9545.21

My Reasons for it being worth it:

I missed my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab and I now have a Truck again.

Hybrid for even better MPG numbers and fuel cost savings than the Fit (95% City Miles) and gas is currently at $3.20 here in Dallas

New vehicle vs 7 year old one so less repairs and maintenance going forward. Hybrid is also more reliable and has lower maintenance costs

53,000 Ford Pass Points for $265 to be used on oil changes and accessories

New safety technology: Co-Pilot360 (BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System) Pre-Collision Assist, Auto High-Beam

New technology: 110V/400W Cab Outlet, Android Auto

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick worth it?  Aligning expectations. Buyer's Order

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick worth it?  Aligning expectations. Fit sold to Carvana.JPG

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I forgot to add that I am buying one XLT base plus 4pin receiver AND one XLT LUX + small options. Intend to keep both maybe on 0% 36 month plan. (It only hurts for 3 years). I will have house paid for next June though. Also it's not known EXACTLY how much of Rivian is owned by Ford and what agreements they have but Ford's investments in Rivian will most certainly be worth billions...
Sponsored