Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all,

to those who have been waiting, the truckworth the wait.

It took 14 months and I was feeling like a lot of you who are posting your frustrations.

I purchased the hybrid XLT. In the city I am getting 55 MPG. On long distance driving 45.

Positives:

1. Great fit and finish. Very tight not a lot of rattles
2. Reduction on gas
3. Great height
4. Sits 4 adults.
5. After market products have been ample and fun to add

Complaints
1. Apple car play is not wireless. I bought an after market product to optimize my apple phone.
2. Seats are not for long distance travel.

Ford Maverick Maverick-Worth the wait-8 month review IMG_1542

Ford Maverick Maverick-Worth the wait-8 month review IMG_1538

Ford Maverick Maverick-Worth the wait-8 month review IMG_1412

Ford Maverick Maverick-Worth the wait-8 month review IMG_1333

Ford Maverick Maverick-Worth the wait-8 month review IMG_1291
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Surprised on the seat comment, I've heard others say that it was quite comfortable even over long distances. My XLT will replace a 14-year-old Ford ranger, produced before seat springs were really a thing, so the Maverick will only be an improvement. 😆

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Surprised on the seat comment, I've heard others say that it was quite comfortable even over long distances. My XLT will replace a 14-year-old Ford ranger, produced before seat springs were really a thing, so the Maverick will only be an improvement. 😆
My newest vehicle is a 96 bronco. What do you mean by seat spring?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My newest vehicle is a 96 bronco. What do you mean by seat spring?
I just mean that the comfort level on my old Ranger seats will make the Maverick seem like a cushy dream.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like the other poster, I am a bit surprised about seats not being comfortable. I just did a trip almost 700 mi one way and only stopped once and that was for gas. After almost 12 hours, I did not find myself tired at all. I made the same trip in a RAM 1500 Laramie and was no more comfortable in it than the Maverick. To cap it all off, I have had 2 lower back surgeries and had a 5 bypass Open Heart Surgery a few months ago, so I can attest to the comfort. Of course, OP may be a bit larger man. Anyhow, enjoy your Maverick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BuckeyeBill

BuckeyeBill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Ford Edge too. It has electronic lumbar support that really helps my back on longer drives. For me looking back when buying the Maverick I should have considered that option.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all,

to those who have been waiting, the truckworth the wait.

It took 14 months and I was feeling like a lot of you who are posting your frustrations.

I purchased the hybrid XLT. In the city I am getting 55 MPG. On long distance driving 45.

Positives:

1. Great fit and finish. Very tight not a lot of rattles
2. Reduction on gas
3. Great height
4. Sits 4 adults.
5. After market products have been ample and fun to add

Complaints
1. Apple car play is not wireless. I bought an after market product to optimize my apple phone.
2. Seats are not for long distance travel.

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg
I find the seats to be well padded. I think the lower portion of the seatback is a bit too curved. I have lumbar support and even reducing it to the minimum there is a bit too much curve. However it forces me to sit more upright with better posture. If you haven't installed a tailgate damper [about $40] I recommend one. It makes lowering the tailgate quick and the tailgate doesn't drop uncontrolled if your hands are full. It may sound silly but a cover in the trailer hitch receiver gives it a more finished look. Enjoy your new Mav. There is a lot to like.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree my 22 FX4 seats are very comfy all the time, and am no light weight 235lbs, 6k miles and few weeks away from 1st birthday. Only problem so far is radio cutting out and hopefully will be fixed Tuesday have appointment for NYS yearly inspection.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me, the Maverick seats are among the best in 55 years of car ownership. I’m 74 now and the Maverick is the only vehicle that I’ve been in over the last 10 years that doesn’t require unfolding stiff joints after exiting the vehicle.

Captain Blackheart

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4, 1968 Ranchero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like the other poster, I am a bit surprised about seats not being comfortable. I just did a trip almost 700 mi one way and only stopped once and that was for gas. After almost 12 hours, I did not find myself tired at all. I made the same trip in a RAM 1500 Laramie and was no more comfortable in it than the Maverick. To cap it all off, I have had 2 lower back surgeries and had a 5 bypass Open Heart Surgery a few months ago, so I can attest to the comfort. Of course, OP may be a bit larger man. Anyhow, enjoy your Maverick.
5-bypass? Dude, that's not a bypass, it's a whole new interstate! Heal well, my friend.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5-bypass? Dude, that's not a bypass, it's a whole new interstate! Heal well, my friend.
Thank you sir. I appreciate that. God has been good to me and I was originally told I probably would not survive surgery, but came through it well and was actually up walking that night. It has been a challenge, but so glad to be alive.

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find the seats to be well padded. I think the lower portion of the seatback is a bit too curved. I have lumbar support and even reducing it to the minimum there is a bit too much curve. However it forces me to sit more upright with better posture. If you haven't installed a tailgate damper [about $40] I recommend one. It makes lowering the tailgate quick and the tailgate doesn't drop uncontrolled if your hands are full. It may sound silly but a cover in the trailer hitch receiver gives it a more finished look. Enjoy your new Mav. There is a lot to like.
where did you purchase tailgate damper? Brand?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good review. After 33 years of vintage Rangers I now feel like I am sitting in a Bentley. :ROFLMAO:

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
where did you purchase tailgate damper? Brand?
RE: "where did I purchase the tailgate damper" = I purchased it on Amazon. The brand [Chinese probably} is Conbloom but all the parts look the same as on the Ford Accessory website. If my FordPass points had been credited to my account, I would have used the points. Go on the Ford accessory website and find the damper, if I recall correctly the install instructions are there as a PDF. The only critique of the one I purchased is the nut they included that you put in the slot in the tailgate did not "grab" to my satisfaction. I messaged the seller, Conbloom, and they sent me a revised nut that is oval, oblong, and when rotated 90 deg. as stated in the instructions, grabs properly. Note that you must remove the tie down/bottle opener permanently. I consider the damper to be the best of the add-ons I did. It gives a quality feel, doesn't require holding onto the tailgate. Just unlatch and it lowers gracefully and gently. [My other add-ons: Black tailgate letters; engine cover /sound damper for the 2.0 EB; plug for the hitch, black plastic applique under the display screen where the volume and tuning knobs are - $15.00 on Amazon. Install is easy -test fit, clean w/ rubbing alcohol, remove protector from tape, align and press to adhere. You do not remove the knobs - the applique fits around the knobs. The black visually mates the screen to the rest of the dash console below. :) Sorry I digressed. Edit: I just checked Amazon and the damper from a different distributor is $22.99 and the photo looks to include the better oblong nut. Free shipping if you are Amazon Prime.
Sponsored