Your Order Just Got More Valuable

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
It will be interesting to see where Ford stands sales wise at the end of the yr compared to other brands. I talked to my neighbor Sunday who is a Nissan manager and they are finally filling their lot up again except for electrics (4 mo wait) which is what I have started looking at for myself. I was set on an Acura till recently and their wait for orders w Nations is 4 weeks for build.

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
I think this also might result in more incentive for bad dealers to bend over over people who have orders in transit.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This pushback is about STOCK allocations not custom order retail allocations.

From the article: Many Ford dealers don’t expect to receive any new stock allocations until late May.
Exactly! It seems to me this is just more evidence of Ford's continuing shift to more custom order vehicles than stock orders. But it keeps getting shared as if they're not going to build any more at all until late May. That's not what it says.

Sponsored

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly! It seems to me this is just more evidence of Ford's continuing shift to more custom order vehicles than stock orders. But it keeps getting shared as if they're not going to build any more at all until late May. That's not what it says.
Agreed, it doesn't say that at all. Was more making the point that with less dealer stock on the lot, and the almost guaranteed continuation of high mark-ups for whatever they scrape up, having an order in hand with a locked-in price is more valuable by the day.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This pushback is about STOCK allocations not custom order retail allocations.

From the article: Many Ford dealers don’t expect to receive any new stock allocations until late May.
100%. With less dealer stock on the lot, having that locked-in price and order in hand looks better by the day.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting for the charges for Fabric Protection delete, VIN etching delete, Paint Protection delete, and so on.

BTW...the charges to delete are $90,000 each, per the evil empire.

Scott, or some dude that looks like Scott, at a gas station, located about 53 miles due east of Daytona Beach FL, confirmed the information.

JBMcC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jetta TDI, 03 Corolla, 95 W2500 Diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly, our orders are only as good as Ford's ability to deliver, which in most cases remains to be seen.
Fingers crossed!

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Agreed, it doesn't say that at all. Was more making the point that with less dealer stock on the lot, and the almost guaranteed continuation of high mark-ups for whatever they scrape up, having an order in hand with a locked-in price is more valuable by the day.
The internet is a great tool for free thinking, fact checking individuals. In the hands of a few individuals that feel good posting shock news to get some weird satisfaction by twisting the truth is bad for everybody.

The News Organizations needed three different sources before delivering a story. Now the go to is, tell a story and follow with " We CAN NOT INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THIS INFORMATION" why report it in the first place? Ratings and beat the competing to the airwaves and print.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting for the charges for Fabric Protection delete, VIN etching delete, Paint Protection delete, and so on.

BTW...the charges to delete are $90,000 each, per the evil empire.

Scott, or some dude that looks like Scott, at a gas station, located about 53 miles due east of Daytona Beach FL, confirmed the information.
LOL due East:cool:

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this also might result in more incentive for bad dealers to bend over over people who have orders in transit.
No truer words has ever been spoken.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100%. With less dealer stock on the lot, having that locked-in price and order in hand looks better by the day.
There never was any Maverick dealer stock on the lot so this announcement will have no effect for the Maverick.
Sponsored