First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my dealership today to check on the delivery of my2023 Maverick. They didn’t have any more information on delivery date but said my Maverick is in Kansas City at the rail yard, and has been for over a week. My new Maverick is only a four hour drive away and it’s probably be another couple weeks before it’s delivered. 😔

It’s like “come on Ford!! I have been waiting ever since I ordered it, all the way back on 9/16/22.”🤭

I will be posting pictures of it, after it finishes the last 4 hours of it’s journey home to me.🤟
Sponsored

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Maverick sat in KC from Oct 20th and wasn't delivered until DEC 15th. Hopefully yours is quicker.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It’s like “come on Ford!! I have been waiting ever since I ordered it, all the way back on 9/16/22.”🤭
Some of us have been waiting since 11/21...and longer...and are still waiting.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to my dealership today to check on the delivery of my2023 Maverick. They didn’t have any more information on delivery date but said my Maverick is in Kansas City at the rail yard, and has been for over a week. My new Maverick is only a four hour drive away and it’s probably be another couple weeks before it’s delivered. 😔

I will be posting pictures of it, after it finishes the last 4 hours of it’s journey home to me.🤟
You think 3+ months is a long wait for a Maverick??? Most people waited at least a year for their Mavericks!

Sponsored

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not a real , genuine maverick experience, unless you have to wait.

Or pay extra.

or get some runaround by the dealer.

Or don't get the options you wanted.

Join the club, it's getting bigger every day

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Or pay extra.

And that's exactly why I decided to go ahead and purchase the Area 51 First Edition Hybrid a local dealer had in stock (refused order)... I figured that having to pay some ADM to get this Maverick that had everything I wanted on it was just "Economic Karma" (see below).

After all, I got WAY more than I expected when I sold my full-size truck – a 2015 Chevy 2500 HD diesel. CarMax bought it for about $300 less than I paid for it when it was brand new. So I basically drove it for seven years, and put well over 57K miles on it for a depreciation cost of only $300! (Put another way, I got about $20K above "historical" depreciated value for that truck.)

Then I sold CarMax my 2012 Prius-C for $1,000 less than I paid for it back in 2015, having driven it for 8 years and added another 65K miles (total of 102K). Again, that's easily $5K above the "historical" depreciated value for that car.

I could have waited to see if we win the Maverick production lottery (with less than 50% chance of "winning" a hybrid Lariat), but I figured why wait for my Prius' value to drop back down to earth? Instead, I used that "profit" to offset the ADM ("Economic Karma)...

If/when one (or both) of our Mavericks get produced and delivered, we'll figure out what to do with this one. Meanwhile, I'm happily driving a Maverick!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Or pay extra.

That's why I can instantly bond with every Maverick owner.
Sponsored