Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are two thought patterns when it comes to knowing the many ways any device might fail. I favor the latter, as I grew up having a toolbox in the back of my VW, some spare parts, and the old hippie guide to fixing the thing. And I used it a lot. I wish I could remember the name of that old repair guide. It was very counterculture.

"Ignorance is bliss".
or...
"forewarned is forearmed".

It was probably this one that my (future) brother in law had when he had a bug:

Ford Maverick You’ve gotta know when to fold ’em vw
Sponsored

flyking1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was probably this one that my (future) brother in law had when he had a bug:

vw.jpg
Yep, I think that must be the one he was thinking of. My brothers owned Bugs in the mid 70's and that book kept them on the road.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just keep in mind the OP drives close to 40,000 miles annually, which is at least 3x the national average. I thought my 14k/yr was high.

1st year production, very severe duty, IMO. Doesn't sound like the norm or a recipe for success. The Mav failed, but a lot was asked.
With so many miles driven makes a good case for AAA membership. Makes for a no worries tow when you need one.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When my wife and I were newly married (1995) I traded in my 93 Jetta (5spd she couldn't drive it) for a , wait for it, 1995 Dodge Neon Sport so that my wife had a reliable car for her work commute. I inherited her grandpa handmedown (early model Olds 98).. At that point in my life I had already owned 12 cars and had never owned a domestic (Ford, Chrysler, GM) car. So, working in manufacturing and feeling proud of what 'North American Know-How' could do... I decided to give Chrysler a chance on a domestically produced compact car.

We knew within 3 months it was a mistake. That automobile not only broke down frequently, but sometimes in a very scary fashion (like the rear brakes completely locking up when tapping them to disengage the cruise control on an interstate, resulting in a spin). We were young and broke... and counting the days until we were no longer upside down on the thing... Just no confidence that the thing was going to operate correctly and get my wife to her job consistently. Traded In for a super reliable 1996 Honda Civic EX purchased new from Mohawk Honda in Schenectday NY. We had that lovely car for almost 8 years (a friend hit a deer with it in the Adirondack Mountains at high speed and destroyed it).

Sometimes you just know. I wanted America to produce a compact car that I could drive confidently. It wasn't to be. At that point in my life I knew Hondas, Volkswagens, Volvos, and SAABs.... and I went back to the more reliable of the 4.

I know, long story, but fully appreciate you not having confidence in your vehicle... And you need to have that living in the Finger Lakes (I lived in many places in the world, and I consider the Finger Lakes an absolute undiscovered and underestimated gem... Good on you for living there!). My wife and a dear friend, the Reading Room B&B, on Seneca Lake, so many years ago.

DSCF0011.JPG
I agree with you on finger lakes and Honda but am not convinced on the rest. I used to love Volvos until they went fwd. I did own two 850s and can say they're way off their mark. Even the ones they build today are no where like my 240s and 940. Saab, well they're gone but after the 99, they went down hill also. I read of complaints even for Toyota presently. You have so much technology and many different vendors contributing to a vehicles' build that your odds for an issue have grown 5 fold. Not sure how Honda has done so well but they do build a wonderful car.

Sponsored

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've drove Ford since 1982 Had no issues with them. With me, my problems stem with Chrysler Products. 7 motors in my 86 2.2 Charger. Transmission in my 97 Lebaron GTC convertible. Head cracked in my 2000 Town n Country Mini Van. Transfer case and runability in my 1997 Grand Cherakee Lerado. Transmission in my 2016 Cherakee Latitude. and Last but not least Brake lock up in my 2022 Compass. I immediately traded for my 2023 Maverick Hybrid and never looked back. Had 0 problems. 46 miles per gallon. I just ordered my 2nd maverick that's a Lariat FX4. Order date 3/3/2024 got Vin and Build date on 3/8/2024 to be built on 4/29/2024. Updated today to 4/15/2024. I also own a 2022 F150 Hybrid that I will be trading for the Maverick. Good luck with your new vehicle.

fremont

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have a driven and owned/owns a few ford hybrids here is my opinion, I have still have a 2011 Fusion hybrid i drive and my girlfriends car is a 2010 fusion hybrid. Both cars run like a swiss watch, the all electric mode is a bit weak from age but neither fail to start and still run great. the sync 1 system on these cars like to drop bluetooth connection quite often.

I also had a 2018 fusion hybrid, very smooth a bit less power then the older fusions as it only has a 2.0 for the hybrid, some of the best fit and finish and felt like a car that punched above its price range. The sync 3 system was perfect for me hardily ever a problem.

2016 cmax only drove it as a fleet vehicle at work, had more power then the fusion but with the hatch the car seemed to transfer alot of noise to the cabin and it was an energi model so I didn't like the huge battery taking up most the cargo area.

and onto the 2023 maverick I have. best acceleration of all ford hybrids driven so far, strong all electric mode acceleration compared to others. the interior feels alot cheaper then all the other fusions despite being newer, it has more rattles then the fusion even though it only has 900 miles on it. infotainment has been okay but ive had issues. like the temp wont display on the radio unit until you move the dial, ive had the rear camera just stay on during a drive once instead of going to radio.

The maverick is easier to get into vs the cars and the seats are comfertable. the intown mileage beats any of the other older hybrids but of course the hybrid fusions still edge it out a bit on freeway mileage, not by much though. I also have to remember the maverick has a lower MSRP then even the 2011 fusion hybrid when it was new and that was how many years ago? thats the real mind blower how much value you get with the maverick.

TLDR in all I think ford is on the right track but with price increases they should increase the quality of the interior, the sound deadening etc and get the recalls under control and I think they will have many more satisfied customers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. The closest Ford dealer to me is Fred beans langhorne, but I've heard of some kind of negative things about them. I'm currently on the fence debating whether to get one at all, some of the problems I've seen out here make me hesitant, and if I do whether I'm going to get the EB or the hybrid.
I drove by there last weekend, we were in Philly for the holiday and stayed with family. We love Sandy's Beef and Ale right around the corner!

I recently had an issue with my 22 XLT Hybrid with 27,000 miles where it would violently shake at 50%+ power between 35-70mph. When the issue really showed itself I traded it in the next day for a 24 XLT Hybrid.

I drive up to 100 miles a day when I go to the office so I needed a reliable vehicle. 3 weeks in with 1170 miles already on the new truck.
I had this done on my Mav about 2 weeks prior to it dying. The dealer said the half shaft they replaced was exactly the same as what was in there... good luck with the new one... Also had a few recalls done, one of them seems to be a common thread to Mav's eating it when you're out on the road...

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I drove by there last weekend, we were in Philly for the holiday and stayed with family. We love Sandy's Beef and Ale right around the corner!

I had this done on my Mav about 2 weeks prior to it dying. The dealer said the half shaft they replaced was exactly the same as what was in there... good luck with the new one... Also had a few recalls done, one of them seems to be a common thread to Mav's eating it when you're out on the road...
Nice, I'm about 10 minutes from Sandy's but haven't been there in a long time. If you want a few recommendations when in the area let me know. There's a nice little brewery not far from there.
Sponsored