First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Hey @Ford Motor Company, I'm sending you a PM! I just had this issue tonight on my 2.0 Eco/AWD Mav--only 2,900 miles on it when the wrench light came on with a power train alert on my FordPass app. I haven't even had the truck 3 months yet.

I turned it off and back on again when I got home, and the light and alert were gone.

I specifically bought this truck so that I could have a reliable commuter vehicle to go to/from Atlanta (90 miles of aggressive interstate) on a regular basis for work......but now, I'm questioning whether it's going to be up for the task.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SnyperX

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE: I took the truck in. No codes found by me or the dealer. Dealer tested the battery as well and it was good. I have had NO other dash lights since.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 2 weeks of ownership, about 400 miles. I got the wrench light this morning, "service vehicle soon". It went away after a few minutes. No alerts in the Fordpass app. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not going to overreact just yet.

nandesho

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Hybrid Lariat BAP, '24 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had it happen twice on my ‘23 hybrid. I jiggle/spin the gear dial around while the vehicle is in accessory power (when it should be locked but isn’t) until it does eventually lock. This resolves the problem.

I’m waiting for some TSB or other action to cover 23s before I waste my time taking it to the dealer.

Ford Maverick Wrench/Service Soon Light?? 11A89BD2-82FE-4851-8042-20149486A112

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sir, your problem has been expertly diagnosed by an internet mechanic. Move along now, please.

Next!

Thought that was for the hybrid? I have the Ecoboost.

nandesho

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Hybrid Lariat BAP, '24 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sir, your problem has been expertly diagnosed by an internet mechanic. Move along now, please.

Next!
I was attempting to quote tom_trucker but failed.
Because this thread is the top result using the search tool, I hope other 2023 model owners run into it. The sea of warning messages and lights is probably this same non-issue.
Sponsored