Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2013 Ford Focus beater hatchback that I purchased with 103k miles w/salvage title but now has over 122k. Really gets hard use as I tow with it. Had a coolant hose crap out last week but luckily I made it home before it started to overheat. 5 min to replace the hose. Ridiculous what my insurance bills for it cause they must figure it’s a higher risk by charging $25 more monthly than Mach E when I had one.
Sponsored

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 4 cars, so I'm sure I'll be good. 231k miles on my diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's still basically just oil changes, and I tow 5-6k lbs quite often with it.

SDMavTremorXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. 2015 Santa Fe V6 with 38k miles blew its motor in April. Borrowed a car for 3 weeks trying to get warranty covered. Had to buy a new CX-9 since rentals were $2000 a month. It’s been 6 months since they ordered the engine and still back ordered with no ETA. Luckily corporate finally agreed to cover the repair and provided a loaner so we have 2 cars. Time is on my side I suppose as I’d prefer to get the Santa Fe back to sell and put towards the Mav. If it had a good engine I could have sold it for mid 20s since it was fully loaded with low miles. Once we get it back we’ll have to see what the used car market looks like.

OP
OP

Swimstaffswim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2013 Ford Focus beater hatchback that I purchased with 103k miles w/salvage title but now has over 122k. Really gets hard use as I tow with it. Had a coolant hose crap out last week but luckily I made it home before it started to overheat. 5 min to replace the hose. Ridiculous what my insurance bills for it cause they must figure it’s a higher risk by charging $25 more monthly than Mach E when I had one.

What are you towing with a focus?! I too have noticed the higher iinsurance rate on the focus. It is estimated to cost less or about the same to insure the Maverick which is nuts.

gstockton

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My problem is that the value of the car I intend to trade is tanking wildly. The used car market is crashing. Earlier this year I got an offer from CarMax for $3400 on my 2017 Chevy Cruze with 198k. Yesterday they offered $1800. Carvana was under $500.
Thats the same with me, my trade-in has lost over 3000 while I wait on my Maverick and the cost of my Maverick has gone up

Sponsored

converseguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2004 Toyota Tacoma has only 65K miles. At age 67 it would outlive me. Also I have never had to service it except for oil, tires, bulbs, etc. If my MY23 never makes it to me, I will manage.

Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Construction equipment like scaffolds, compressors and generators. Mostly using a 5’x8” trailer which weighs 550lb alone. I try to keep total weight under 1500lb but usually just estimate as I’m sure it’s gone over that plenty of times.

What are you towing with a focus?! I too have noticed the higher iinsurance rate on the focus. It is estimated to cost less or about the same to insure the Maverick which is nuts.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. I currently drive a 2016 escape SE with the 1.6 EB. Has the "covinience pkg" which includes the larger sync 3 touchscreen, reverse sensors, roof rack, dual zone auto climate, and power seats. Its a nice vehicle. I bought it from a southern state (no road salt) from a family member who had lost their spouse and no longer needed the car in late 2018 with 16k on it. Until one year ago at my last career I always had a company provided vehicle so the escape sat a lot in the garage. Now its my daily and has 30k on it. Its about as new condition as one could be and it would last quite a few more years so I'm not at all worried about waiting on the maverick. Its maintained extremely well and has new tires as well. It will be sold once the maverick arrives if ever.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats the same with me, my trade-in has lost over 3000 while I wait on my Maverick and the cost of my Maverick has gone up
Yup. I'm going to take the Cruze to a couple Chevy dealers and see what they think, then see what the Ford dealer offers. I can always private sale it, but I think my disclaimer on it will scare off too many people lol

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick I ordered will be replacing a 2004 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8, 175k miles with annoying electrical issues like the all but the drivers window and door locks won’t operate, and tailgate won’t open. Steering rack made noises, rear diff is leaking, and first and second gear shifts hard. My Dad bought it as his cheap daily work beater, didn’t want to buy a new truck at the time because of his job site at the ship yard (the GC got backed into leaving a dented fender, shrugged and said that’s why I don’t buy new). Now he’s retired, the GC now only sees local trips to Costco and Home Depot and because of the non-opening tailgate we load through the rear doors and seats folded-down. We’re so ready to have a truck again. Since we’re a four vehicle household (also have a 2000 Corolla, super reliable but that’ll be gone too as we’re downsizing our fleet to just three vehicles), we can wait how ever long it’ll take to have a Maverick built and delivered.

Last edited:
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, my 2008 Audi A4 made it!

Anybody in or around DFW want a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line. 74,800 miles. Leather, sunroof, clean title, no mechanical issues. Let me know!

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked up my XL hybrid. As I was driving to the dealer in my 2009 Cadillac DTS with 93000 miles, the CV joint started making a hellacious racket.

SDMavTremorXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. 2015 Santa Fe V6 with 38k miles blew its motor in April. Borrowed a car for 3 weeks trying to get warranty covered. Had to buy a new CX-9 since rentals were $2000 a month. It’s been 6 months since they ordered the engine and still back ordered with no ETA. Luckily corporate finally agreed to cover the repair and provided a loaner so we have 2 cars. Time is on my side I suppose as I’d prefer to get the Santa Fe back to sell and put towards the Mav. If it had a good engine I could have sold it for mid 20s since it was fully loaded with low miles. Once we get it back we’ll have to see what the used car market looks like.
We’ll just found out I’m getting the Santa Fe back next week. Only dropped $5k in value since the motor blew. Here’s to hoping my Tremor gets scheduled!

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still driving around in the 2021 Honda Civic so at nearly 40 mpg it makes the wait more tolerable. Great little car but I'm holding out for a Maverick. The problem I have is when I want to tow around the utility trailer or my snowmobile that's a different story. Out comes the 1995 Ford Ranger with 139000 miles on it. She isn't pretty but gets me from point A to point B. Actually a dependable little truck........Will make someone happy when I finally sell it.

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 2005 Nissan Titan that I absolutely love. Lots of tasteful upgrades inside and out. And get this, it only has 86k on it as of today. She still has many years left in her. Only problem is it's 12mpg's at today's gas prices keeps her parked most days. I will be selling it once I get confirmation of my Maverick scheduling and timing of the build. Assuming it will be at least late summer at this point which is fine by me. Hopefully can keep it under 90k and keep the value up.
So, if anyone is interested in a Titan........
Ford Maverick Will your current car make it? tow
Sponsored