Sponsored

Will there realistically be any difference between 2022 and 2023 build quality?

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
Fords in general seem to be pretty inconsistent in general compared to other brands, esp the ones from the last decade or so that I have been around. I’ve seen from same model, year, etc where some are really solid with good panel/door alignment, squeak/rattle free interior, etc with others being really bad. Mechanically they are pretty consistent though. May not have much to do with reliability, but assembly has the biggest impact on overall quality as it’s what you see, hear, etc.

22 to 23 maverick….who knows. On one hand, yes, there should be some process improvements and maybe some part revisions and such as time goes on…but on the other hand, with the popularity and backlog, things could suffer from trying to pump them out as quick as they can…but back to the first hand, maybe supply constraints could afford them to slow things down to keep a steadier pace which may help with a job better done vs simply pumping them out with wider tolerances to get them out the door. Pretty much could what if stuff like that all day. Overall I’d expect pretty much the same however.
Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Fords in general seem to be pretty inconsistent in general compared to other brands, esp the ones from the last decade or so that I have been around. I’ve seen from same model, year, etc where some are really solid with good panel/door alignment, squeak/rattle free interior, etc with others being really bad. Mechanically they are pretty consistent though. May not have much to do with reliability, but assembly has the biggest impact on overall quality as it’s what you see, hear, etc.

22 to 23 maverick….who knows. On one hand, yes, there should be some process improvements and maybe some part revisions and such as time goes on…but on the other hand, with the popularity and backlog, things could suffer from trying to pump them out as quick as they can…but back to the first hand, maybe supply constraints could afford them to slow things down to keep a steadier pace which may help with a job better done vs simply pumping them out with wider tolerances to get them out the door. Pretty much could what if stuff like that all day. Overall I’d expect pretty much the same however.
If it will cost FORD money, they won't do anything.

Fatal Ford Pinto crash in Indiana - HISTORY

Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got a build date for August which is nice. Xlt with lux, 4k, fx4, rear window. One thing I asked my dealer to do was to remove the lux package and he never did which unfortunately probably pushed my build date back a few months. By the time I get my Mav it will most likely be mid to late September and I really wanted to try and avoid a situation where I get my 2022 shortly before they start producing and shipping 2023 models. I would much rather wait another 2-3 months and feel like I'm getting a new car with the kinks worked out instead of one that will be one year old within a few months but I got a build date before I could contact my dealer to change it.

I'm considering putting another order in with my dealer for a 23 and decide what I want to do after. It may be a stupid complaint but I've always had a bad taste with first model year cars but I was sold because of the drivetrain being in production for a long time, and if I got it earlier in the year I would have been ok with it but this situation is the one thing I wanted to avoid. Just want to see what others are doing in this situation and if my concerns are justified
All I can say is that I have the first model year 2022 Maverick AWD FX4 and I have had exactly 0 problems and enjoy the truck immensely. It honestly drives like a sports car and handles the sand and beaches of Baja perfectly for me. For me I would take whatever comes first as I doubt highly anything will change very much.

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree with your way of thinking. I ordered my hybrid in September and would prefer it to roll over into MY23. I hope it does. At this point, I'd rather have the new and improved version.
It will be the same truck but just cost a little more, like $400 more. Additionally, some of the add ons have changed. For example, the Lux package has a drop in bed liner versus a spray in. I spoke with my dealer. Anyone who bought a 2022 SHOULD be price protected. Other than that, no significant changes.

Sponsored

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They get to rest all next week
Ford de Mexico's Stamping and Assembly plant in Hermosillo, which currently produces Ford Bronco Sport and the new Ford Maverick, has been awarded as the best Assembly Plant with the President's Quality Awards, which is given annually at the North American level by the Ford Quality Office.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, to compensate for supply chain constraints, Ford will use cheaper materials.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford de Mexico's Stamping and Assembly plant in Hermosillo, which currently produces Ford Bronco Sport and the new Ford Maverick, has been awarded as the best Assembly Plant with the President's Quality Awards, which is given annually at the North American level by the Ford Quality Office.
If that is their best, given all the issues, that doesn't say much about Ford...

Reactions: fmt

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yet you still bought one? 🤔
Hasn't even arrived at the dealer, haven't paid a dime. If Ford can fix the issues I don't have a problem with it. Stuff happens.

All I'm saying is that Ford is keeping the reputation it has with many non-Ford owners, which is, Ford doesn't make high quality vehicles that last. Which I honestly hope isn't the case, I'm not a fanboy for any brand.
Sponsored