Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can agree with you on tow capicity if you need it that truck platform is the way to go.

In my case I won't really be towing anything. Only thing I see as a good bonus is larger capacity bed without sacrificing the overall smaller dimensions of the truck. Except it's very cramped in the back of a frontier.

I don't think it was a new V6 engine. Nissan always had a fantastic V6 especially the 3.5 liter that they literally used in everything for decades.

I considered Oregon as purchase except when you register your vehicle in WA state you have to pay WA state taxes... If you are a WA state resident.

Good point on Texas. I love the northwest and wouldn't trade it for another location. Only places I would consider moving that remind me of the scenary are Idaho and Montana.
yes, it was a new V-6 and I believe 9 speed tranny for 2020. IIRC, some limited updates in cabin too. 2021 is basically same truck. 2022 will have this engine /tranny combo andd all new sheet metal, updated interior and reworking of the existing frame underneath. Supposed to improve ride quality.

https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/frontier-2020
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
yes, it was a new V-6 and I believe 9 speed tranny for 2020. IIRC, some limited updates in cabin too. 2021 is basically same truck. 2022 will have this engine /tranny combo andd all new sheet metal, updated interior and reworking of the existing frame underneath. Supposed to improve ride quality.

https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/frontier-2020
I am old I remember when the only way to get a 9 speed was on a Schwinn and my truck was 3 on the tree

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RKB: three on the tree... did you have an overdrive switch under the dash?

The long awaited update is not much of an update on the Japan product. Pretty much external sheet metal, from what my brother told me. Still an older design. FWIW.
tom

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Nissan Frontier? Yep, me too. With availability of the new 2022 model starting 8-10-21, I may use it as my RV(lite) towing Vehicle and change my Maverick to a Hybrid which I don't expect to have a VIN on for a while. It was ordered on 7-22-21
Sorry but it's against my religion to OWN a Nissan. I'll wait for the Maverick UNLESS RAM comes up with something fast.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nissan Frontier? Yep, me too. With availability of the new 2022 model starting 8-10-21, I may use it as my RV(lite) towing Vehicle and change my Maverick to a Hybrid which I don't expect to have a VIN on for a while. It was ordered on 7-22-21
I need to update my list of midnight edition frontiers near me. Not as many as there were a few months ago that’s for sure. I still have concerns my ol ranger won’t make it till Maverick and I dislike every other new truck out there. The hybrid Maverick appears to be bout perfect for me but the frontier has its benefits. I prefer the mostly old body/interior of the 21 mixed with the new transmission which I found to be a smooth ride on my couple test drives.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need to update my list of midnight edition frontiers near me. Not as many as there were a few months ago that’s for sure. I still have concerns my ol ranger won’t make it till Maverick and I dislike every other new truck out there. The hybrid Maverick appears to be bout perfect for me but the frontier has its benefits. I prefer the mostly old body/interior of the 21 mixed with the new transmission which I found to be a smooth ride on my couple test drives.
Did you order through Chapman?
Tom will lease you a vehicle and buy it out when your Maverick comes in.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
RKB: three on the tree... did you have an overdrive switch under the dash?

The long awaited update is not much of an update on the Japan product. Pretty much external sheet metal, from what my brother told me. Still an older design. FWIW.
tom
No but I did have a fuel tank switch under it to switch which tank I was on ;) later I added an occilation overthruster, (predator variable Venturi carb and an edelbrock high rise, Hooker supercomps and and and…)

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you order through Chapman?
Tom will lease you a vehicle and buy it out when your Maverick comes in.
Nope. I would ask my dealer if they offer something like that. But hopefully it won’t come to that
Sponsored