First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw news today that Ford is stopping some F150 production because of the chip shortage. Wondering if the Maverick will be delayed until the shortage is resolved. I can’t imagine that Ford would build low margin pickups when they could be building their cash cow instead. I don’t think they would risk the #1 selling vehicle position just to get another model into the market.
Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
It's a real concern for all vehicles. It will take until the end of the summer to get semiconductors back into the market in a reasonable supply.

Reactions: Doc

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wifey and I took delivery (yesterday evening) on our Bronco Sport Badlands -- it had been delayed 3 separate times for: gray color contrasting top + trailer hitch + cargo mat...

It was scheduled for build/production on April 8th but was shipped on 3/24 (Mexico) and arrived on 3/30 (Houston), so you can maybe estimate it on that timeline.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Guessing the maverick is not a top priority. I hope it’s not delayed too long. I really wanna like this truck but I’m keeping a close eye on the frontier inventory near me

Sponsored

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I'm really curious about this. I want to place an order, but the dealer I spoke with asked for a $500 non-refundable deposit. I'll need another car by the Fall when they're available, but if it ends up taking longer until winter or into next year it's going to be difficult to get by without a second car.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very different parts list. I was told to expect my order anytime after Labor Day.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
The high end tech that is in the F-150's holding up delivery is not the same tech in the BSport and Maverick, I guess we will see how this one goes...
I, for one, have to say that I greatly appreciate your insight into the order/build process for Ford. You are a great asset to this community, and I thank you.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In one of the Maverick videos on YouTube a Ford Rep (head of customer relations I believe) said that as of right now the Maverick is still on track for its intended production date with no delays. That being said, that comment might be valid now but might not be closer to launch.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Guessing the maverick is not a top priority. I hope it’s not delayed too long. I really wanna like this truck but I’m keeping a close eye on the frontier inventory near me
Nissan Frontier? Yep, me too. With availability of the new 2022 model starting 8-10-21, I may use it as my RV(lite) towing Vehicle and change my Maverick to a Hybrid which I don't expect to have a VIN on for a while. It was ordered on 7-22-21

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
The 2022 Frontier looks pretty good except it has a fairly outdated looking interior.

Here in WA state they are selling 2021 Frontier SV Value for $35k. That is a 4x4 crewcab. Before tax or license. That's no value at all.

The 2021 model is almost 20 year old design if I am not mistaken and the interior looks like from early 90s Nissans.

People do love their Frontiers and I don't mean to offend you. Just voice my opinion from limited experience. I had to drive a couple of them as rentals and they were pretty mediocre in all fields: performance, gas mileage, space, and comfort. In my opinion complete opposite of what I am looking in the Maverick.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 2022 Frontier looks pretty good except it has a fairly outdated looking interior.

Here in WA state they are selling 2021 Frontier SV Value for $35k. That is a 4x4 crewcab. Before tax or license. That's no value at all.

The 2021 model is almost 20 year old design if I am not mistaken and the interior looks like from early 90s Nissans.

People do love their Frontiers and I don't mean to offend you. Just voice my opinion from limited experience. I had to drive a couple of them as rentals and they were pretty mediocre in all fields: performance, gas mileage, space, and comfort. In my opinion complete opposite of what I am looking in the Maverick.

1. No offense at all. In towing a small RV I am more limited by the Maverick (4000lbs) vs Frontier (6700lbs). I am intrigued by the looks of the Frontier and would only get the base model. (S) not the (SV).

2. Go to Oregon and buy ... no sales tax. Then move to Texas where gas is cheaper(everybody else from the west coast is moving here) Octane 87 gas today is generally $2.69/gal. about $.20 cheaper at Sams Club and Costco.

3. Did you drive the new 3.8L V6 The HP and Torque are amazing. I will get to drive one on 8-10-21. They have had 2 years to work out the kinks on this new drivetrain.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
I can agree with you on tow capicity if you need it that truck platform is the way to go.

In my case I won't really be towing anything. Only thing I see as a good bonus is larger capacity bed without sacrificing the overall smaller dimensions of the truck. Except it's very cramped in the back of a frontier.

I don't think it was a new V6 engine. Nissan always had a fantastic V6 especially the 3.5 liter that they literally used in everything for decades.

I considered Oregon as purchase except when you register your vehicle in WA state you have to pay WA state taxes... If you are a WA state resident.

Good point on Texas. I love the northwest and wouldn't trade it for another location. Only places I would consider moving that remind me of the scenary are Idaho and Montana.
Sponsored