Sponsored

Will Maverick rollover be like Bronco rollover?

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many of us (especially later orders like mine) have come to accept the fact that we will probably be rolled over to MY2023. Some make note of the fact that they are nearing "12-month club" status on their Maverick orders. And it's not unreasonable to wonder just how far into the MY23 model year it'll be before my constrained Maverick (Hybrid XLT Lux w/ CP-360) gets scheduled and built.

Even if we rollovers do indeed get scheduling priority, supply chain issues impacting the constrained items aren't going to magically disappear when MY23 production begins on 10/24/22. It stands to reason that some (perhaps a lot of?) bare-bones "new" MY23 orders may indeed be produced and delivered before mine.

My real question is how far this will really drag out. Browsing the Bronco6g forum, it's clear there remains a significant number of MY21 orders (from July 2020!) that remain unscheduled to this day. 700+ days and still waiting for a production date... The Bronco is a much more expensive (and likely much higher margin) vehicle than the Maverick, and yet, some of those orders have waited over two years and still have nothing to show.

Reality is, posters here (and over there as well) can yell up and down about how Ford is losing customers over these issues, but at least for now, they are still selling every one of these they can produce (and for the order-holders who walk away, the dealer is happily selling them to someone else with a healthy ADM tacked on). At our own (micro) level, we can be very frustrated, but I'm coming to realize (especially for a low-margin - possible loss-leader - vehicle like Maverick) that at the macro level Ford is likely unconcerned.

On the bright side, maybe by the time some of our 2021-orderd Mavericks get produced, Top Gun 3 will be in theatres... :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll say this, if I do not have a Maverick six months from now (I don't mean I have a build date, I mean I am driving a Maverick in six months) I am going to give up on Ford and buy another Toyota.

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Yeah there are people that will want the next best thing but that will fade. The reputation of Ford will be what stands the test of time. I will wait, have no issue with that personally but if they mark up a cent on my vehicle then they can keep the vehicle and their brand.

Ford will eventually pay the price for their leadership all this.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sure hope not!!!!
Ford Maverick Will Maverick rollover be like Bronco rollover? 5069DC39-90B7-4FBC-9F45-9CD70C114F38

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll say this, if I do not have a Maverick six months from now (I don't mean I have a build date, I mean I am driving a Maverick in six months) I am going to give up on Ford and buy another Toyota.
Maybe the Toyota Hybrid Maverick challenger. The only reason I am even considering a Ford is the Hybrid drivetrain on a pickup.

If / when Toyota builds their Hybrid truck I be all over it "if" it doesn't look like the gaud awful Hyundai

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe the Toyota Hybrid Maverick challenger. The only reason I am even considering a Ford is the Hybrid drivetrain on a pickup.

If / when Toyota builds their Hybrid truck I be all over it "if" it doesn't look like the gaud awful Hyundai
Go get your Toyodor. It’s a good time to buy Ford stock…wait and see. If you Toyodor folks think they aren’t having supply chain issue, we’ll good luck with that. EVERYONE is having supply chain issues but whatever, you go buy your Toyodor, it’s all good. I’ll keep my Maverick…although the new Ranger Raptor is going to be absolutely kick ass but not the value of the Maverick. It will make the mighty TRO look like turd on and off road. Oh well, it’s a Ford truck so it can’t be that good, lmao.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go get your Toyodor. It’s a good time to buy Ford stock…wait and see. If you Toyodor folks think they aren’t having supply chain issue, we’ll good luck with that. EVERYONE is having supply chain issues but whatever, you go buy your Toyodor, it’s all good. I’ll keep my Maverick…although the new Ranger Raptor is going to be absolutely kick ass but not the value of the Maverick. It will make the mighty TRO look like turd on and off road. Oh well, it’s a Ford truck so it can’t be that good, lmao.
Agree all car manufacturers are having supply chain issues….all of them. But let’s face reality. Ford doesn’t have the best reputation for building long lasting reliable vehicles compared to Toyota. While Ford will many times be first to market, Toyota measures twice and cuts once. I have owned several Fords, Toyota’s and other brands. In general Toyota builds a better product.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've personally got my eye on Honda's new '23 CR-V hybrid. The new Civic's interior is superb, but I do want a hybrid but I don't want a sedan - the new CR-V looks to have the same interior in the form I want my next vehicle. At this point I'm not sure which I could actually get my hands on first, but I will probably buy both and keep the one I like better. Not apples/apples as the CR-V is not a truck, but I don't "need" a truck. I just like the Maverick a lot.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well alot of people that are waiting for the hybrids might get mad by the time they get them ford will be releasing the AWD hybrid and the PHEV that they have been testing

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm with you. I've only ever owned Hondas and Toyotas. The only reason I got this was the hybrid and the price. If Toyota comes out with something by the time mine gets built, I might just switch to it.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many of us (especially later orders like mine) have come to accept the fact that we will probably be rolled over to MY2023. Some make note of the fact that they are nearing "12-month club" status on their Maverick orders. And it's not unreasonable to wonder just how far into the MY23 model year it'll be before my constrained Maverick (Hybrid XLT Lux w/ CP-360) gets scheduled and built.

Even if we rollovers do indeed get scheduling priority, supply chain issues impacting the constrained items aren't going to magically disappear when MY23 production begins on 10/24/22. It stands to reason that some (perhaps a lot of?) bare-bones "new" MY23 orders may indeed be produced and delivered before mine.

My real question is how far this will really drag out. Browsing the Bronco6g forum, it's clear there remains a significant number of MY21 orders (from July 2020!) that remain unscheduled to this day. 700+ days and still waiting for a production date... The Bronco is a much more expensive (and likely much higher margin) vehicle than the Maverick, and yet, some of those orders have waited over two years and still have nothing to show.

Reality is, posters here (and over there as well) can yell up and down about how Ford is losing customers over these issues, but at least for now, they are still selling every one of these they can produce (and for the order-holders who walk away, the dealer is happily selling them to someone else with a healthy ADM tacked on). At our own (micro) level, we can be very frustrated, but I'm coming to realize (especially for a low-margin - possible loss-leader - vehicle like Maverick) that at the macro level Ford is likely unconcerned.

On the bright side, maybe by the time some of our 2021-orderd Mavericks get produced, Top Gun 3 will be in theatres... :ROFLMAO:
Yeah that Bronco roll out was rough- but surprisingly after we decided not to convert our reservation to an order, our dealer used that info to get two Broncos for themselves and those were delivered June of last year- Sucks for those to still not even being scheduled and without a VIN- etc

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota to build pickup off of rav 4 . it'll cost more.but it's a Toyota.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you. I've only ever owned Hondas and Toyotas. The only reason I got this was the hybrid and the price. If Toyota comes out with something by the time mine gets built, I might just switch to it.
I'm thinking of going with the 2023 CR-V Hybrid personally. At this point I'm not sure I couldn't get my hands on that quicker than the Maverick LOL. Or if not, the Maverick would make a nice profit to put down on the without-a-doubt-more-expensive CR-V.

I don't need a truck. We're about to take delivery of an Integra and I want an SUV or something to go with it, and the Maverick fits that bill really well. But so would a CR-V. Just the current gen does not do it for me.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm thinking of going with the 2023 CR-V Hybrid personally. At this point I'm not sure I couldn't get my hands on that quicker than the Maverick LOL. Or if not, the Maverick would make a nice profit to put down on the without-a-doubt-more-expensive CR-V.

I don't need a truck. We're about to take delivery of an Integra and I want an SUV or something to go with it, and the Maverick fits that bill really well. But so would a CR-V. Just the current gen does not do it for me.
I have a 2018 Rav4 now and hate the gas mileage in it. That's a big reason for getting the Maverick. I would like to get a Rav4 Prime, but they are impossible to find and can't even build one at the moment.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Toyota to build pickup off of rav 4 . it'll cost more.but it's a Toyota.

I could definitely be a buyer for that. My present vehicle (which my wife has "stolen" from me for the most part) is a RAV4 Hybrid. I can see a pickup version being quite a good thing. It took Toyota 2 months to deliver my RAV4 Hybrid, reserved at dealer in mid-February 2022, drove it home mid-April 2022. It was built and delivered from Canada in that time. I got the color and options I wanted, though technically I didn't order it, I just chose it from a bunch of vehicles the dealership had coming in the next 30-60 days.

I have a 2018 Rav4 now and hate the gas mileage in it. That's a big reason for getting the Maverick. I would like to get a Rav4 Prime, but they are impossible to find and can't even build one at the moment.
My above mentioned RAV4 Hybrid is averaging about 41 MPG so far in mixed, but mostly highway, driving. I would love to have the Prime version but it was both unavailable and more than I wanted to spend. The regular hybrid is doing very well though.
Sponsored