Sponsored

Why keyless door entry instead of using app?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  1. Kids can get stuff out of the truck and relock it without having to get the key from me.
  2. Wife and I will go on a walk and we will close the garage door and lock the truck. We then use the keypad to unlock the truck to get to the garage door opener. Less to carry around.
  3. I leave my keys hidden in the truck when kayaking. It'll ignore that fob for unlocking the door.
  4. I frequent areas of the state that have next to no cell service.
  5. Sometimes I just simply don't have my phone on me.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I do remember back in the day that a girl I knew had a key (when keys weren't chipped) hidden under her license plate. I guess nowadays, fobs make hiding more difficult, and non existent with proximity remotes.
If you have keyed start, you can buy a fobless, transponder chip key & get a locksmith to cut it. You program the chip yourself, as long as you have the original two keys in your possession. You can then hide it on the truck. It unlocks the door and starts the truck - just no fob buttons on the key and no battery. And they're waterproof.
https://www.amazon.com/Strattec-Transponder-Ignition-128-Bit-164-R8128/dp/B07FW6TH13

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes I just simply don't have my phone on me.
now that was just cruel. more than a few members had a mini panic attack reading that. :p
Sponsored