Sponsored

Why doesn't Ford just raise the MSRP to be close to the market price?

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MSRP is a lot better than paying 5 to 10 thousand over! It was wrong for Ford to say the new Maverick was under $20,000. Who can buy a truck without paying for shipping? In 2024 the base XL will be $24,995. That's up from $21,490 for the 2022 model.
Unfortunately, COVID got us into a mindset to accept MSRP. I prefer haggling! I've had dealers in the past roll back the doc fee on the price of the car even though it is listed on the invoice. No more!
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It still sucks!
Not disagreeing with you there. Like I said, if it's mandatory and charged by the seller, it ought to be included in the advertised price.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
In this overpriced market WHY WOULD YOU SUGGEST FORD CHARGE MORE???
What a stupid idea. Ford has a gold mine here. Dealeers are happy except they'd be happier with more Mavericks. And pretty much all the Maverick owners are happy. I know I am.
I'm a life-long GM person. And the Maverick is the best vehicle I've ever owned!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Maverick!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unfortunately, COVID got us into a mindset to accept MSRP. I prefer haggling! I've had dealers in the past roll back the doc fee on the price of the car even though it is listed on the invoice. No more!
I've paid MSRP once before. It was on a Sunburst Orange HHR Panel. They were extremely hard to find that first year, and most were white. I'm OK paying MSRP on the Maverick Hybrid too. Hard to find, and lots of demand. Never paid markup for any vehicle.

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Product pricing is a great mystery to me. There are college degrees in that stuff, and I don't have one (English Lit). Why Ford would sell hybrids at such low prices when they could easily bump them by $5,000 and still sell out in 2 days is a real conundrum. Some day I hope a CEO or VP explains it in a look-back speech.

If I were a Ford shareholder, I'd ask this question at a quarterly investors meeting. "Why the heck is Ford leaving money on the table?".
From the stats shown on MTC, Ford never expected the demand for hybrids to be so high. Remember, many of the manufacturer‘s decisions are made years in advance of production, and based on agreements made with suppliers at that time. Most major manufacturers, of any product, are not agile enough to make changes on the fly. When an extraordinary situation occurs, like the pandemic, their systems can’t react fast enough to compensate. Ford is making plenty of money on the Maverick, just not as much as they could, had they had a crystal ball to properly estimate demand. Of course then there’s the conundrum of what is the right price for supply to be equal to demand? They’re starting to figure that out, based on the currently published price increases.

Sponsored

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you on this! I used to bargain, also. Now, you are lucky to get MSRP. I still refuse the dealer add-ons.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know this will be a unpopular post, but let's face it, the demand will continue to outstrip supply at least for the hybrid. We have a situation
where a secondary market has emerged consisting of flippers who've been able to buy one or more mavericks and reselling which angers others who've been waiting years. Some will say this econo truck is not worth more and Ford can't price it similar to the Ranger. That doesn't matter imo because customers want the the Maverick. Ford for now has cornered the US small truck market and they could easily raise the hyrid by price 6K or more and their factories would still have all the orders they can produce.
Well, they are, but can't do it all at once. 2022 the Hybrid was $1,000 cheaper than the Ecoboost. 2023 is the same price as the Ecoboost, so they upped the Hybrid price by $1,000 the first year. 2024 will see a $1,500 premium over the Ecoboost. So that's a $2,500 increase for the hybrid over the original pricing strategy (above the yearly inflation costs). That's nothing to sneeze at. If it goes up again next year, Hybrid demand will be dropping, if it doesn't in 2024. Only so much money people will pay for a bit of fuel mileage.

mrtruckerson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My orders were put in before I found the one I own on a dealer lot which included a small markup for some dealer installed items.

The EcoBoost I ordered, which has a scheduled build day, was cancelled by me at the dealer when I bought the one I have and they used my order to fulfill someone else's order that got screwed up. I still get the emails even though it's no longer my order.

The unscheduled hybrid was kept and I will be reordering as a '24. I will take that one and my daughter will be taking my '23.

If you feel that this somehow makes me "part of the problem", I don't know what to tell you.
Can you please tell me the specs you went w for your EcoBoost ?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you please tell me the specs you went w for your EcoBoost ?
It was originally an XLT AWD FX4. When they switched it over for somebody else, it is now an XLT AWD Lux. It has been built and shipped but not delivered yet.
Sponsored