Sponsored

Why do dealers put their decal on a Maverick not even theirs??

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had one on my Ranger that simply said "Heritage" for Heritage Ford, Burlington, VT. They must of ran out of white ones because they put a black one on a black truck. :ROFLMAO: I left it one for years until I did some work on the tailgate then had to remove it.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ask them for 1% of their advertising dollars?
I could see a $5 discount on their services but I guarantee they have more than 100 of those decals. Your math is 100% wrong.:geek:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am getting a Granger windsheild banner for mine!
Ford Maverick Why do dealers put their decal on a Maverick not even theirs?? X0ClC9AHaDo?w=285&h=171&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked them not to unwrap mine.

Resized_20220709_090236(1).jpeg

Resized_20220709_090245(1).jpeg
I kind of want to ask my dealer this too. This is the first new car I've ever bought so it'd be cool to do it for the satisfaction.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want factory cruise control added to your XL, contact member UGA. He lives north of Atlanta and he installed it on mine and did a good job.

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got dealer license plate frame. No down & MSRP price talked them down to 125$ doc fee and figured they earned free advertising. Plate looks nice multicolored and Texas state flower included.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I my Maverick has arrived at a local dealership. I didn't place my order through them just rather paid them to do the prep, inspection etc... when it arrives, courtesy delivery. The purchase is being processed at an out of state dealer. Went to check out my truck and found they put their dealership sticker on my Maverick. I guess they need to mark my Maverick as if they owned it. I will definitely make them take it off when I pick up my Maverick hopefully next week.

DFCD6A9B-214C-4B11-A81B-ADA0BE4719BF.jpeg
Free Advertising 😂

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I my Maverick has arrived at a local dealership. I didn't place my order through them just rather paid them to do the prep, inspection etc... when it arrives, courtesy delivery. The purchase is being processed at an out of state dealer. Went to check out my truck and found they put their dealership sticker on my Maverick. I guess they need to mark my Maverick as if they owned it. I will definitely make them take it off when I pick up my Maverick hopefully next week.

So you can find the best method for removing them, like I do

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As soon as I got home with my new 1998 Ranger I removed the dealer's name but left the city and state below it. Anyone local paying attention would recognize that dealer's sticker and know I removed the name. Fast forward to Sept 17, 2022, and I returned to the same dealer to order two Mavericks one for me and one for my son. This dealer had a guy outside who told me Ford was closed on Sundays and the order system was "turned off". He said to come back in the morning. I asked to see paint samples to help us decide on colors. He told me that Ford no longer did that, and didn't have brochures. We left and headed to the dealer in the next town where we hooked up with a great salesperson who happily took our orders and answered all our questions. He pulled out full-page paint samples and checked on the lot vehicles for color choices to help us decide.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first "mod" was replacing the dealer's plate holders the very next day. I rode around with the temporary plates satisfied knowing they weren't getting free advertisement. Didn't matter that I had to take them off to put in the permanent plates 6 weeks later. The dealer certainly did not do anything to earn advertising from me.

Sponsored

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10 minutes after I got my truck home,I peeled the dealership sticker off the tailgate. I wanted the interested people to talk and ask me questions about my truck. That way I could tell tell them the dealership and the sale person's name. Yes I like to talk to people about my truck and dealership experience.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find it odd that you purchased the Maverick from out of state & had your local place prep it, do you plan on using this place for any service? I was happy to have my dealer's sticker on mine I received great service from them. I have seen my dealers that put dealer name license plate frames on vehicles, those look tacky, + they cover up anything stamped on the top & bottom of the plate, some police do not like that.

Wixron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I asked the salesman if i get paid for advertising their dealership... when he said no I said take it off

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand the annoyance with the sticker and or license plate frames but is it really that hard to take second to peel the sticker off using a fingernail? It won’t hurt the paint if you’re careful and probably won’t leave any residue to wipe off
if it’s like most of the clear printed style. A badge with 3m type tape is more involved so you could have the dealer do it that case especially if you asked them not to put it on. Even then I personally prefer to do things myself whenever possible.
Just my .02 cents.
Sponsored