jonkatora

jonkatora

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.5L
I would avoid the 12' tires myself. That is a lot of RPM's and builds up a lot of heat - then you add in the weight. Maybe okay around town but I could never put a 12" tire on the highway for long due to the marginal highway rating on the tread. Not that you asked, but Tractor Supply has an 8 x 5' trailer with 14" tires that is near your price range.
Yeah I looked at the tractor supply trailers. They seem like a pretty good deal, just slightly out of my price range for how much I'd be using it
Still, seems like good options for other Maverick owners who are towing more often.
Sponsored

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember the 1500 is total load in the truck, the 2000 is trailer plus all the weight in the truck and trailer.

If you're just putzing around town at slow speeds, you're not too worried about the weight. Only if you're running on the freeway would you be concerned.

As for me, I bought a used lowes 5x8 trailer for $600. New ones listed now for 1100. Also came with a new wheeled jack stand, New lights, plywood floor and a 4x4 surround for better hauling.

Ford Maverick Which Harbor Freight Trailer for the Hybrid 20220127_165250

OP
OP
jonkatora

jonkatora

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.5L
Remember the 1500 is total load in the truck, the 2000 is trailer plus all the weight in the truck and trailer.

If you're just putzing around town at slow speeds, you're not too worried about the weight. Only if you're running on the freeway would you be concerned.

As for me, I bought a used lowes 5x8 trailer for $600. New ones listed now for 1100. Also came with a new wheeled jack stand, New lights, plywood floor and a 4x4 surround for better hauling.

20220127_165250.jpg
I was also looking at used...for some reason though Northen Virginia used trailer market is kind of bonkers. Some of the Lowes trailers are going for market price.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was also looking at used...for some reason though Northen Virginia used trailer market is kind of bonkers. Some of the Lowes trailers are going for market price.
When I went looking for used, there was no trailers available at lowes home depot or tsc. And at the time online lowes had prices on the 800 range for the 5x8. So 600 was a bit much but I liked the additional construction the guy had done to the used one. He bought it but decided it was too small and went with a two axle trailer.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My buddy and I put 13-inch wheels and tires on a Harbor Freight trailer to tote kayaks to the shore. They fit after we raised the fenders. 5 lug original trailer so the conversion was easy.

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's a very good point. I'd like to add to this.

Based on Ford's towing guide, the GCWR of the Hybrid is 6010 lbs.
Ford Maverick Which Harbor Freight Trailer for the Hybrid 1652559450312

Also, Ford calculates the GCWR as: Truck + Trailer + Driver + passenger
Ford Maverick Which Harbor Freight Trailer for the Hybrid 1652559549366

If you subtract the curb weight of the hybrid (3,674 lbs.) and the the 2,000 lb. trailer, you're left with 336 lbs for driver and passenger.

OP
OP
jonkatora

jonkatora

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.5L
Update: Finally purchased the trailer. HF 1720lb 4X8 folding trailer. Thanks to the advice in the forum, I'm going to prime and paint the trailer pieces before I assemble. While I'd like to weld everything together to make a stronger frame, I think bolting will be way easier. Bought some Loctite red to keep the bolts in place. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post some pics of it hooked up once it’s assembled.

Good luck

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there. I have the 1700 pound HF trailer and was wondering what drop you were using for the hitch. I have a 6” for my SUV but I imagine the Mav is much lower. I haven’t got my Maverick yet so I don’t have a way to figure it out.
Sponsored