Sponsored

Which fuse I should use install aftermarket dash cam ?

Swedish

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl 2.0 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
which fuse I should use install dash cam non ford one ? Please ,help !
Sponsored

Alkaiser702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Accessory switched will be 3 or 6. I'm assuming that's the one you're looking for.

OP
OP
Swedish

Swedish

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl 2.0 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks ,so slot 3,6 will be ok for the dash cam in the parking mode

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

thanks ,so slot 3,6 will be ok for the dash cam in the parking mode
no, it will not.

if you have parking security features on your dashcam, it's not going to be a good fit for a Maverick or honestly any current model Ford that I'm aware of.

I believe across the board Ford's telematics package that enables Fordpass also enables Deep Sleep mode which is where anything other than certain critical features (such as door locks) can be shut down if they are drawing too much current, drawing too long, or the 12V battery voltage is low.

fuses 3 and 6 are 12v switched. meaning dashcam gets no power when the ignition is off. this happens instantly btw, it will not wait for the door to be opened as the infotainment and driver's instrument cluster will do.

if you instead connect to 12v constant - and there are many fuses to pick from - your truck will go into Deep Sleep eventually and turn off everything including the dashcam. you can try it anyway, maybe your dashcam's current draw is low enough it will work sometimes when parking for a short while. in Deep Sleep you will not be able to use remote start or unlock the doors from Fordpass.

I have no idea if there's a 12V battery on the market made for this. I am in the physical security industry and a 12V 7Ah battery that we typically use in a security enclosure would probably run that dashcam forever and a day, and they're cheap. but it's a couple pounds and about 1/4 the size of a loaf of bread so it would take a little clever work to mount it behind the HVAC controls or somewhere like that. it would be brain-dead easy to just stick it in your glovebox, though. (y)

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use one of these to piggyback the fuse:

Ford Maverick Which fuse I should use install aftermarket dash cam ? Screenshot_20230203_105206_Amazon Shoppin

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is an old post, but Fuse #10 is constant power. I used it to wire an additional 12v power point for the dash.

Daveo89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no, it will not.

if you have parking security features on your dashcam, it's not going to be a good fit for a Maverick or honestly any current model Ford that I'm aware of.

I believe across the board Ford's telematics package that enables Fordpass also enables Deep Sleep mode which is where anything other than certain critical features (such as door locks) can be shut down if they are drawing too much current, drawing too long, or the 12V battery voltage is low.

fuses 3 and 6 are 12v switched. meaning dashcam gets no power when the ignition is off. this happens instantly btw, it will not wait for the door to be opened as the infotainment and driver's instrument cluster will do.

if you instead connect to 12v constant - and there are many fuses to pick from - your truck will go into Deep Sleep eventually and turn off everything including the dashcam. you can try it anyway, maybe your dashcam's current draw is low enough it will work sometimes when parking for a short while. in Deep Sleep you will not be able to use remote start or unlock the doors from Fordpass.

I have no idea if there's a 12V battery on the market made for this. I am in the physical security industry and a 12V 7Ah battery that we typically use in a security enclosure would probably run that dashcam forever and a day, and they're cheap. but it's a couple pounds and about 1/4 the size of a loaf of bread so it would take a little clever work to mount it behind the HVAC controls or somewhere like that. it would be brain-dead easy to just stick it in your glovebox, though. (y)
Eh, I run parking mode on my wife's 2020 Explorer without much issue. The harness for parking mode has a voltage selector that will kick it off before "Deep Sleep". If she doesn't drive for a week or just a few miles here and there it will eventually trigger Deep Sleep. It's not really as much of a big deal as it's made out to be, the system is working as designed to save enough battery for your vehicle to start. If you drive frequently for an average distance and start getting that alert then it's likely indicative of a pending battery failure or charging issue (such as a hybrids battery cable)
Sponsored