Which Bed Liner?

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New truck guy here, too, and I'm going with the spray-in version.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The old slide ins tend to rub the paint under them over the years causing bare metal to rust...

The bed mat is usually the only thing I usually get but with the FE the spray in comes with it...

Albert
What's FE? With the oem bed mat do you think the spray in is worth it

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I like spray in with bed mat option for additional protection or easier on knees. Sometimes, I'm assuming it will be rubber, gives some additional traction on certain items even over what spray in provides.

Reactions: wjg
OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition and no I do not...
Ahh got it.

Do
I like spray in with bed mat option for additional protection or easier on knees. Sometimes, I'm assuming it will be rubber, gives some additional traction on certain items even over what spray in provides.
I'm on a budget. Would you think the bedmat would be enough protection

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
That would be up to you.

For me no, but for someone else, maybe enough. The sides of the bed space will still be susceptible to some scratches depending on what you'd be hauling back there.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be up to you.

For me no, but for someone else, maybe enough. The sides of the bed space will still be susceptible to some scratches depending on what you'd be hauling back there.
Got it. So if I'm. Not hauling much it should be fine

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you could go cheap with the mat 1st. If you need more protection you could go drop in later (but likely at higher cost than ordering installed initially). If you wait until you've scuffed and scraped the paint to upgrade you may find yourself opting for spray in to hide the damage. that likely will cost more aftermarket too than buying truck with it from factory, and the workmanship may not be as good as factory direct either.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spray in! Then I custom fit the puzzle piece weight lifting square mats into my bed when a gym is getting rid of them or find them used. They are cheaper and better than the mat from Ford. Also, if one gets damage just insert a new one. When you take them out of your bed, they stack nicely in your garage.

Also, negotiate the spray in as a term of the sale. I have on all my trucks. Most people have many Ford dealers within a 45-60 mile radius of them. I have 18 of them on a google search. They all are shouting we will not be beat! An enterprising salesperson will get it done if they really want the sale. Who wants to lose a $25,000 sale over something that cost them a couple of dollars.

Being the person who will walk away from the negotiating table gives you leverage.

If they need help in getting the deal done, I let finance know that I will use them for loan if they can match terms and rates from my outside vendor. They will make up any pricing difference on originating the loan reward they get from the bank.
Sponsored