Sponsored

Where would you place a new order today?

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted this complaint in another thread, but as I prepare to follow through with it I thought I'd get some advice. If you were placing an order today and giving up your (better) place in line, what recommendations do you have on who to buy from? I've read lots of threads about purchasing, so I think I know the options, I just want to see if there's anything I'm missing or if someone in my area (Atlanta) had a good experience somewhere I don't know about.

I'm considering (likely) cancelling my order with the dealership here in Atlanta and taking advantage of one of the offers here on the forum from another city.

I placed my order June 28th. July 1st I emailed the dealer wanting to make a few changes and he said he'd get on it.

Hadn't heard anything from Ford, so I emailed the dealer this week to see what he was hearing and to ask about pricing (doc fee, etc.). I told him about the other offers available.

He came back at MSRP + 899 doc fee and OH BY THE WAY they had never updated my order on July 1, would I just prefer to add those items with aftermarket parts?

I'm a bit steamed. I wasn't in a particular hurry to get the truck, but I ordered early so I wouldn't be in the back of the line either. Best I can tell, MSRP + $899 doc fee is about $2500 more than I'd pay at Invoice - 4% + $394 doc.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If price your biggest concern, order from Chapman (in Penns.) or Granger ( in Iowa). Otherwise, just call all the dealers near you who will give you MSRP and low document fees.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I posted this complaint in another thread, but as I prepare to follow through with it I thought I'd get some advice. If you were placing an order today and giving up your (better) place in line, what recommendations do you have on who to buy from? I've read lots of threads about purchasing, so I think I know the options, I just want to see if there's anything I'm missing or if someone in my area (Atlanta) had a good experience somewhere I don't know about.
As @Packer Bill just said, then call Wade Ford in Smyrna and talk to the leasing officer: Val she will help you set up a CD so it will come to Smyrna instead of PA. They will charge you a line item of around 200$ you pay Tom and crew @Dealerinsider

best car buying experience I have ever had, bar none.

note I don’t thing Grainger is doing CDs becauseso many people talk about refusal and cancelling, order the truck you want and can afford. Then it’s all done but the waiting. If you need another vehicle while waiting Tom can arrange a lease.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll stay with mine. The lifetime warranty on a truck I don't plan on getting rid of is nice.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Dealerinsider like my fellow Georgians, but being on the dobbins/Lockheed Martin Marietta side of town I would go with Val at Wade Ford for my CD

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 and 3 trips to each of the Ford Dealers near I-285. Neither knew anything about the Maverick... "answers like, "I'm straight commission so Mavericks are 6 months away so why don't you let me take you for a ride in a Ranger or F-150." No interest in taking an order for a Maverick." Did a Build/Price and got the confirmation from Ford, 1 dealer called got bombarded with emails and texts and none ever returned my phone calls...finally got an email confirming coming in for a contract signing and deposit with a Sales Manager and Sales Manager no showed for the appointment when I arrived. Finally just gave up!

Placed order with Tom in Pennsylvania and current plan is to fly/drive from Philly (I can fly for free) so I can get dealer to do the Rhino or Line-X sprayed in liner in advance) and do a delivery inspection...and make it a vacation on the 690 miles drive home...I am somewhat relieved for the long delivery delay...since I want to see and touch a Maverick (locally) before committing, but my backup is Wade Ford for Courtesy Delivery for $200.

Lots of BS about savings but I came up with around $2,200 (varies with options ordered) and its deserved due to some level of risk buying remotely, and then having to deal with maintenance and warranty locally. Bought a car in South Carolina last year and it took a year to straighten out the dealer's filling of Ga lic and registration errors...over-charged me $490 in taxes and fees but they straightened it out and refunded.

Last edited:

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I'd do the same exact thing I did last time, pay $35 for a Mustang Club membership and then fire off emails to local dealers asking who'll do X Plan on a Mav with no dealer adds required.
Work with whoever sends me the response that fills me with the most warm and fuzzy feeling.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Another vote for Chapman Auto Group in PA. SImple and quick process via email, plus 4% below invoice. Received FORD email confirmation in minutes. This showed me they did their job immediately, and did not wait days, weeks, or a month to submit my order.

The next hurdle is picking up my Maverick, and hopefully the process continues to be smooth and short because I do not enjoy waiting at dealerships.

I prefer to have everything ready before I arrive (finance, vehicle cleaned/topped off, and papers ready for my signature) and hope to be completed within 60 minutes.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another vote for Chapman Auto Group in PA. SImple and quick process via email, plus 4% below invoice. (big snip)

The next hurdle is picking up my Maverick, and hopefully the process continues to be smooth and short because I do not enjoy waiting at dealerships.

I prefer to have everything ready before I arrive (finance, vehicle cleaned/topped off, and papers ready for my signature) and hope to be completed within 60 minutes.
Something tells me that if it’s possible, Tom, @Dealerinsider is the one to do it.

OP
OP
Jezmund_Berserker

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can my existing order be "transferred" from the current dealership (with whom I am unsatisfied) or do I start over with Chapman?

OP
OP
Jezmund_Berserker

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From other threads it looks like Chapman isn't taking Hybrid orders anyway, so it seems that option is off the table.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
At one of the 3-4% discounters….. I really don’t like my local dealers so far

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chapman of Horsham - No Doubt, No Question! Concerning how my Local Dealers are, I plan on going to Chapman again after the Maverick purchase. Tom, Steven B. and Ashley have been Top Notice - they have also been upfront, honest and quick to answer any question. Chapman of Horsham is the way vehicle purchase Use To Be and Should Be today.
Sponsored