What's your MPG from EcoBoost AWD model? & FWD Slipeey

Old Bald Guy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Hello all long time listener first time caller!
I wanted to ask a few silly questions what kind of MPG are y’all getting in the Echo AWD model?

I live on the Gulf of Mexico where we get rain a lot of rain with the hybrid or FWD how does the slippery mode work? When using that mode does the truck become AWD? Or somehow transfer power to the back wheels?

thanks y’all
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Slippery mode plays around with throttle response to slow takeoff/power delivery. We have had a few torrential downpours in MD and the front wheel drive hybrid has not had an issue, even at highway speeds. I never took it out of eco mode during the last downpour and it still felt stable at 70mph.

OP
OP

Old Bald Guy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Dang right on!!! Are you getting the advertised MPG?

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an AWD EB with slightly oversize 245/65 17 AT tires. I don't mess with the driving modes, the truck is always in "normal". I'm in south FL with no terrain/hills, and the A/C is always on.

I'm getting sub-20 MPG when driving in-town on surface streets with zero interstate / divided highway.

When I drive 100% on the interstate, and keep my speed under 70 MPH, I'm seeing MPG in the low 30s.

My average after filling my tank 11 times, is 21.0 MPG, calculated manually. The vehicle's computations are always optimistic. I would estimate 90% of my overall driving is city surface streets.

It rains a lot here. I've never had any issues with traction. If my truck is going into AWD mode, I'm completely unaware of it. I really don't think it is, to be honest.

OP
OP

Old Bald Guy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
that’s a lot great info. I’d mostly be doing highway driving so that low 30s sounds nice. I’ve a Sedan that’s FWD I had a straight shot drive down one road. I have switched jobs and now. Have to take a lot more highway

Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that’s a lot great info. I’d mostly be doing highway driving so that low 30s sounds nice. I’ve a Sedan that’s FWD I had a straight shot drive down one road. I have switched jobs and now. Have to take a lot more highway
Here's my recent reading with mostly hwy driving on my AWD. You may want the EB with the larger gas tank if you do mostly hwy driving, as you won't get the hybrid mpg advantage and would have to fill up more often with the smaller tank of the hybrid.
Ford Maverick What's your MPG from EcoBoost AWD model? & FWD Slipeey 20220508_091120

OP
OP

Old Bald Guy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Dang that’s not bad yeah I see you point with mostly highway the AWD EB may be a better choice

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an AWD EB with slightly oversize 245/65 17 AT tires. I don't mess with the driving modes, the truck is always in "normal". I'm in south FL with no terrain/hills, and the A/C is always on.

I'm getting sub-20 MPG when driving in-town on surface streets with zero interstate / divided highway.

When I drive 100% on the interstate, and keep my speed under 70 MPH, I'm seeing MPG in the low 30s.

My average after filling my tank 11 times, is 21.0 MPG, calculated manually. The vehicle's computations are always optimistic. I would estimate 90% of my overall driving is city surface streets.

It rains a lot here. I've never had any issues with traction. If my truck is going into AWD mode, I'm completely unaware of it. I really don't think it is, to be honest.
My tank average is 20.9mpg in my Tacoma TRD Off-Road. That’s pretty disappointing that the EB can’t do better than that.

RGoose85

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
24-26 city, 31.7 highway
Mrt exhaust
Steeda Bob adapter
Buschur intake
Steeda sturt tower brace
Steeda rear sway bar

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I average ~ 24-26 mpg with my AWD. I don't drive the interstate, but it's technically a highway, like a state road so there are traffic lights, but it's mostly three lanes of cruising at 50mph.

I used the slippery mode once when it was raining and I didn't wreck, so there ya go! Actually, I couldn't tell a difference. I think it does engage the AWD, or at least puts the rear wheels on notice. There's a great video explaining the system if you haven't seen it:
Maverick AWD System Explained

Sponsored

MORRISX5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3600 Miles and i'm avg 25.2. Mostly city

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a FX4 ecoboost AWD, all stock except for a K&N air filter, GFB DV and a rough country soft trifold bed cover. Approximately 800 miles on the odometer.

In the winter, I was 17-19mpg in town with very short trips (5 minutes of driving stop and go 25-35 mph roads). It was easier once warm to bring that average up into the mid 20s on longer stretches of road with higher speed limits (40-50mph).

Now that’s it’s warmer out, it seems to be right around 24mpg in town driving and could be higher once temps climb a bit more (still colder than normal in NJ now).

On the highway driving through mild winds, I had no problem pulling 30-32 mpg running 75mph most of the time, occasionally touching 80 when passing. It was the third time on the highway since I bought the truck so I’m betting 35 isn’t unrealistic if I take it easy on the throttle. I was pushing it a bit the last time to see how it would do on gas mileage and performance since I plan on using it a lot for trips this summer.

Drive modes? I’m in normal 95% of the time. Sand worked great this winter for deep snow and mud/ruts pulled it through my driveway without me shoveling anything of the foot of snow around it at the time. Slippery does work good for heavy rain and in icy conditions. The truck really doesn’t need slippery for every time it rains but you’ll be able to tell when it’s bad enough that you may need to have it on to dial down the throttle response a bit by engaging slippery mode. I plan on adding Sport and Eco soon, just holding off on doing it for now as it’ll be driving on a long trip soon and I don’t want to chance messing something up.

If your all highway with warmer/ideal driving conditions, 30+mpg is realistic and the truck cruises at 75mph with ease with little effort, along with significant passing power to spare. My only regret is not getting the lariat package now because months after buying it, I do notice the wind noise at times and wish I had the acoustic windshield...and more adjustable seats also. Minor annoyances I would say, nothing that would compel me to trade it or go nuts trying to replace those things on my truck from a lariat trim.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
MY Lariat Ecoboost AWD is getting anywhere from 20-29mpg.

City stop and go is definitely low 20s. On drives that are mostly highway I'm getting 26-29mpg.

I'm over 2k miles and it does seem like mileage is getting a bit better.

One thing to note, in 'normal' mode while watching the intelligent AWD screen - all 4 wheels appear to receive substantial power when accelerating from a stop. Usually cuts power to the back wheels at around 20-30mph.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went for a long road trip in eco mode, 7 hours on highway was getting 30.5mpg. when I got home going back and forth to work and around town city/highway in normal mode getting 28.2mpg. I'm using mid grade 89 octane 10% ethanol. I'm happy with those numbers being I'm coming from a 2001 Ford Ranger getting on average 19mpg.

Ford Maverick What's your MPG from EcoBoost AWD model? & FWD Slipeey Screenshot_20220511-100223

Ford Maverick What's your MPG from EcoBoost AWD model? & FWD Slipeey Screenshot_20220511-100149
Sponsored