Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My manual transmission...

KRae

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Came here to say that. I have a 2008 Suzuki SX4 and it is so fun to drive. Thinking of keeping it since the trade in value will be so low so I can still drive a stick when I want to

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
A far more attractive interior color scheme.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

Stick!

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. To appease the husband I'll be trading in my manual Accord for the Maverick...IF it ever gets here.

Don't care about the loss of the cruise control since I barely use it. Maybe I'll miss Honda, maybe not.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sarcastically, I’m going to miss having to use premium fuel, getting 19Mpg, and burning a quart of full synthetic oil every 1000 miles in my 2007 Audi. But in reality I’m going to miss not having a monthly payment!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hot tub. Definitely the hot tub...

Spike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really struggling to get used to a switchblade key that actually goes in the ignition again. My last four vehicles have been push start/keyless entry and I still find myself grabbing the door handle to just open it, then dig my key out. And as sad as it sounds I often put the key back in my pocket only to realize I need it again to start the car. First world problem but it's been the hardest for me to get used to. If for no other reason that this I should've gone with a Lariat over the XLT.

Sponsored

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm buying the hybrid for the MPG, but I will miss the solid feel of the AWD in my '06 Ridgeline. Loved that vehicle even though there aren't a lot of times I ever need AWD in the mid-south. If there had been an AWD option for the hybrid, I all but certainly would have gotten it. Might even trade up to it if Ford eventually releases an AWD hybrid Mav.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not having a car payment. But in about every other way (fuel economy, features, technology), the Maverick should be a step up from my 2012 Mazda 6. Though I may miss having an enclosed trunk from time to time, and the driving dynamics of a sedan

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really struggling to get used to a switchblade key that actually goes in the ignition again. My last four vehicles have been push start/keyless entry and I still find myself grabbing the door handle to just open it, then dig my key out. And as sad as it sounds I often put the key back in my pocket only to realize I need it again to start the car. First world problem but it's been the hardest for me to get used to. If for no other reason that this I should've gone with a Lariat over the XLT.
funny you mention that because I have pushbutton and never really warmed up to it. Too easy to accidentally leave the car running and I have done that a number of times.

I will miss the handling and cornering of my mazda 3. It's the one outstanding feature of that car. The rest is not that important and I've never been big on luxury features. As long as it has power steering, brakes, windows, a/c and automatic I don't care. The one thing it lacks is cruise control and I really want that feature so I got an xlt.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You can get this Chamberlain device and use your phone to open it:
I've had mine for years and works with my old mastercraft garage opener.
Sponsored