Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Noahma

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only few things I miss from the Escape I had previous was the auto dim rear view mirror (might install one), The heated seats, and the ability to choose which gear I was in.

Hopping back into my wife's Escape is strange now lol. I keep reaching for the shift dial instead getting the shift nob. And I hate sitting much lower than I do in the Mav.
Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll miss rain sensing wipers, auto folding mirrors, 7700lb towing capacity, soft touch surfaces, pano-sunroof, 700+mile range, and really good sound deadening (aka quiet ride).

Won't miss DEF fluid, VW service, and $100+ fuel fill-ups.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

What do you/will you miss from your last vehicle(s) in your new Maverick?
Push button start dammit😡

Superdog3657

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford Ranger Xlt waiting for xlt maverick hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen a lot of the "no cruise control in XL trim" posts and started thinking about what I'll miss once my Maverick (finally) gets here. For me it's definitely the no HomeLink button for garage door openers. Sounds trivial but I've had something built into my visor for probably the last 20 years, and now I'm going to have an ugly fob clipped to the visor. Can't wait for a brand new truck, but that little thing just bugs me. You'd think it would be integrated into the Luxury package, or at least a $150-$200 add on...

I miss the 6ft bed I had in my 2011 ranger Xlt Super cab. But I have gained rear seats and more than double the mileage.

Sponsored

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will sorta miss the rear defrost/defog, power folding mirrors and fog lights on the 2019 Ranger I sold last weekend. New Mav is in production as I type and I’m getting excited!

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Power folding mirrors

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I kept my 2017 RAV4 XLE. Figured I need a good car to drive when the Mav pukes or takes a vacation in recall hell.
The Toyota will still keep me going.

Nipperchipper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escape 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
heated rear window
no power passenger seat
auto dimming rear view mirror
front parking sensors
rain sense window wipers
unlock/lock sensors on all four door handles
no annoying seat belt warning on dash
Previous vehicle was a 22 ranger

RoaringGorilla

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Placed an order for a 2024 XLT FX4 Atlas Blue Maverick. I will coming from a 2020 Honda Ridgeline Sport (base model). I will miss push-button start, I will miss the rear passenger A/C vents, dual climate control. Sitting up high in the air was nice but I had mostly coupes before I ever owned a truck, so, whatever. I really don't care that I will be losing ACC (only used normal cruise anyway).

I am really looking forward to having blind spot monitoring again (not on my Ridgeline). It is so frustrating to drive in city traffic without that feature. Bonus perks will be the heated seats, heated steering wheel, and power driver's seat (none of these features are on my Ridgeline). The biggest perk of the Maverick will that I can FINALLY fit in the freaking garage safely and comfortably along with my wife's vehicle.

Sponsored

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone mentioned universal windows roll down? where you press and hold the unlock on the remote and all 4 windows roll down. this was very useful in my Honda Accord on a hot day as I approach my car in the parking lot

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Honorable Dealer/MSRP

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mmm my 2008 Hyundai Elantra did not have to be babied.. countless camping trips, being dirty from hiking, sweaty from working out, it had food stains, the carpet was dirty, i'd put dirty stuff on the roof, twigs scraping the paint from forest trails.. it was great not caring, THAT I will miss! The mav will be my first brand new vehicle ever and I'm looking at things like floor mats and ceramic coating.. never in my life lol

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I miss my 25 years old F150 4.2 V6 engine sound. Switching to a 2.0 EB straight 4 cylinder that sounds like a sewing machine is a raw deal. That and better suspension with gas charged shocks...

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is my wife's car. The only thing I miss about her 2014 Tucson is the extremely tight turning radius.

What I don't miss about it is turning the check engine light off 2-5X per week, putting oil in it every 800 miles, recalls they had no fix for and the engine croaking at 80,000 miles after burning oil since 60,000. Good riddance.
Sponsored