Sponsored

What do you (will you) miss from your old vehicle in the Maverick?

Ron43

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick AWD ,XLT , FX4, Luxury package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I miss auto dimming side mirrors, didn’t think I would but man did they make a difference

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I am currently waiting for my Maverick and have been driving a 1999 Ranger 3.0 2d supercab for over 7 years now so there is not much I am going to miss, really had to rack my brain on this and then it hit me after thinking about another post on here. I will miss the column shift, and it will take some time to get use to reaching down and turning a dial rather than reaching down and shifting a handle like in my wife's 2018 Escape.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Without doubt - the PDK transmission.

dutchboy17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid Lux CP360 Hitch Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will miss adaptive cruise control: I never thought of it before, but had it on my spouse's prior car and found I really like it. I did originally order a 22 Hybrid Lariat with CoPilot 360, which had it, but when Ford split 360 into two parts for 23 my dealer didn't include the second part on my new order, so now no adaptive cruise. I'll be ok.

We had memory seat positions on an Escape. My spouse is 10" shorter than I am. I do miss the seat memory.

I won't miss the step down from the Colorado cabin. And I won't miss the combination of low mpg + high gas prices

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only things I miss are the AUX port for the stereo and the mileage. AUX port means you can input virtually anything to the car's speakers. Doesn't have to have bluetooth, usb or anything, just a headphone jack and you can run it through the car.

It can greatly simplify the task of playing the audio of your choice. But then again I am a low tech kind of guy.

Also my old mazda got MUCH better mileage than my AWD ecoboost. The mileage is worse than I thought it would be, not a huge deal but you would think it would be better with all the computerized engine controls and stuff.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with 230K miles. I've been driving my Maverick since Jan of this year. So far I miss the far superior stereo I had in the Edge! I had the Sony sound system with subwoofer and HD radio and XM Satellite radio. I have horrible FM reception in my Mav base XLT, so I just listen to Apple music or Pandora from my phone through the USB C port. I've done all the updates and still FM reception is terrible on most frequencies! I also miss the heated side mirrors (Michigan winters), rear backup sensors, and blind spot detection lights in side mirrors. I miss how quiet and smooth the 3.5L V6 was. With all this being said, I have really enjoyed my Maverick. There is something great on how simple and fun to drive it is. Been getting 28mpg in echo mode and that is worth the "sacrifices" to me. In sport mode it is quicker than what you'd think. It took a year to get my Mav and I don't regret it at all!
"

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every now and then my left foot goes for the phantom clutch when I start the car, or when im slowing down to a stop my hand reaches towards the center console area to downshift. Sometimes I miss driving a stick, but then I get stuck in traffic and realize I don't miss it that much lol.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 20 year old Passat with the 1.8T and 140K got wayyyyyyy better milage.

Other than that....not a thing.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My AWD Dakota V-8 only gets 13 mpg (won't miss that) :p Awd EB coming soon(5/18 build), but I really want the Hybrid MPG hope to get one this year 🙏. got my fingers crossed🤞.

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every now and then my left foot goes for the phantom clutch when I start the car, or when im slowing down to a stop my hand reaches towards the center console area to downshift. Sometimes I miss driving a stick, but then I get stuck in traffic and realize I don't miss it that much lol.
Same here, considered buying a Mustang as you can still get a stick shift, drove a couple of them - wasn't impressed, just felt like an old American car. Now driving an EcoSport - can still downshift when slowing and put it in Neutral when stopped etc. but the muscles in my left leg are atrophying! When I get the Maverick I know I'm going to miss the shift lever and the 'proper' hand brake.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here, considered buying a Mustang as you can still get a stick shift, drove a couple of them - wasn't impressed, just felt like an old American car. Now driving an EcoSport - can still downshift when slowing and put it in Neutral when stopped etc. but the muscles in my left leg are atrophying! When I get the Maverick I know I'm going to miss the shift lever and the 'proper' hand brake.
I have a newish mustang GT with a 5 speed. I love this car because it has that "old" American car feel to it, and a bit of 5 series bimmer feel mixed in. But then again I love antique American Muscle cars. I have messed with V8 muscle cars for almost 40 years. I may add a newer Challenger R/T classic edition to the stable. Wife likes those.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My door opener is wifi and I have an app, but that's a pain of multiple phone actions (swipe, unlock, go to app, hold down open button, etc.) while driving down my street to my house.
I have the Meross unit, so I can just say "Hey, Siri, open the garage door," and it opens. It not only works with my phone (Apple Car Play) in the car, but it works with my Apple Watch when we're out walking and the phones are at home. I liked it so much that we gave one to our son-in-law.

I don't have an Apple "Home Pod," so I'm just using my existing AppleTV device as my "internet-connected hub." That works great, and I can connect to the device from pretty much anywhere in the world that has an Internet connection.

I haven't tried it, but it is also supposed to work with Amazon's Alexa and Google Assistant.

The other feature I like is that you can program it to automatically shut (or open) the garage door at a specific time. Since I've been known to forget that the garage door was open, and go to bed with it open like that (Bad husband! Bad!), I now have it programmed to automatically close the garage door at 9:00 PM. If it's closed, nothing happens. But if I left it open, it covers for me. "Oh, you remembered to close the garage door!" "What? Oh, yeah... I remembered... :sneaky:)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Only the CD player
Yeah, I thought I would miss having a CD player as well - until I realized I can fit every CD I own on a single tiny USB-C Thumb Drive (like this one from Samsung that costs only $33). I copied all my music to that drive, and now I've got over 2500 songs available in my Maverick. I can pick an artist, or an album, or a playlist and listen for hours with no repeats. My only gripe is the stupid Ford Sync3 "nanny" that won't let me (or my passenger) interact with the system to change artists while moving. You have to come to a complete stop to do so. Oh well - first world problem, I suppose!
Sponsored