Sponsored

What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick?

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I know the old Chevy Avalanche also had that option. I thought the current Ridgeline also did but I just looked it up and I was wrong on that. I think it's a great option but I also bet we're unlikely to see that in the Maverick.
I wouldn’t be so sure. If it is truly the size of the original Ranger but with a crew cab (making the bed smaller), then it would increase versatility.

min sure it would only appear on the upper trim levels, not for the $20K starting price.

I currently have a 2019 Ridgeline.. and can confirm it does not have this feature (although it does have a rear seats that folds up w one hand for increased interior storage.
Sponsored

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have a 2019 Ridgeline.. and can confirm it does not have this feature (although it does have a rear seats that folds up w one hand for increased interior storage.
That is also a really nice feature. My had a Silverado that had that feature with the rear seats and it was very useful.

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I know the old Chevy Avalanche also had that option. I thought the current Ridgeline also did but I just looked it up and I was wrong on that. I think it's a great option but I also bet we're unlikely to see that in the Maverick.
That would be a great addition to the Maverick!

Sponsored

OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on the earlier spy shots of the naked unibody, I don't think there will be a pass through - though I'd love it too. It looked like things were welded in place.

Ford Maverick What will be the make or break specs for you on the Maverick? 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-bed-

Edit: I guess it's not entirely impossible that the bottom section folds in, but it doesn't appear to to me as I don't see anything to indicate latch mounting.

Last edited:

Ricardo12025

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 CJ5, 2000 BMW Z3, 2005 Honda Element
I agree and what you're proposing sounds like a reasonable solution if you don't REALLY need the long bed. I suspect that creating different body styles is notably more expensive with unibody so unless there is a major incentive, I suspect that we'll see a lot less mix and match cab/bed options than with body on frame trucks.
I agree on not wanting a crew cab made by anyone. Just sold my 2012 F150 reg cab because it is too big for our garage on new house so compact truck reg cab is only choice. I don’t expect to see one though. Maybe Hyundai Santa Cruz will work but this Maverick looks too big to me.

OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree on not wanting a crew cab made by anyone. Just sold my 2012 F150 reg cab because it is too big for our garage on new house so compact truck reg cab is only choice. I don’t expect to see one though. Maybe Hyundai Santa Cruz will work but this Maverick looks too big to me.
I'm not sure what bedsize your F150 is, but even if it's the shorter bed option, it's over a foot longer than the Maverick crew cab is likely to be. If it's the longer bed option, it's probably 2.5 feet longer

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have a new house w one of these “shorter” garages... F-150 does not fit, but had a Ranger and a Ridgeline and both of them fit. But “just fit”... so this will be a great option for us and fit no problem

Ricardo12025

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 CJ5, 2000 BMW Z3, 2005 Honda Element
I'm not sure what bedsize your F150 is, but even if it's the shorter bed option, it's over a foot longer than the Maverick crew cab is likely to be. If it's the longer bed option, it's probably 2.5 feet longer
6.5’ bed

Sponsored
OP
OP

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6.5’ bed
So it seems like the Maverick, even in crew cab, will be ~12-16 inches shorter based on most estimates and likely notably narrower by 6 inches or so. Whether that's enough, it depends on your garage.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hate that it doesn't have stake pockets
Sponsored