Sponsored

What tint comes on mavericks from factory?

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just did my '23 the exact same way today. Except this time I used 70% on the full windshield and then the strip.
Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I finally put a tint meter on mine, the fronts read at 14 and the rear read at 0. I have CIR20 all the way around on mine.
Did you also do the back glass above the bed? If so, what was it before and after the tint?

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you also do the back glass above the bed? If so, what was it before and after the tint?
Yes I did and I can't gauge it with our meter but I assume it is the same dye as the back doors and those read at 22% factory and then 0% after adding CIR20 to it.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I tint for a living, my back windows metered at 22%. I put CIR20 all the way around and a 5% 8" windshield strip on mine. And the poster above is correct, the rear windows are simply privacy glass, with dye made into the glass to give the appearance of tint. It does nothing for UV or heat. That's why I tinted over mine.
tempImageWjfWuL.jpg
tempImagegsTY3f.jpg
tempImageMBgL2v.jpg
I'm From Arizona and I am pretty sure that 35% is the legal limit for the front windows. That being said, I will order 25% for the fronts, and I would like to know what % tint you think should go on the rear that would be the closest match (factory dye + what % to = 20% rears)? I was thinking to order 35% for all the rear windows. your suggestions please
Thank You!

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had my front windows tinted yesterday with a front strip. Went 30% to match the back.
Ford Maverick What tint comes on mavericks from factory? IMG_3047

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm From Arizona and I am pretty sure that 35% is the legal limit for the front windows. That being said, I will order 25% for the fronts, and I would like to know what % tint you think should go on the rear that would be the closest match (factory dye + what % to = 20% rears)? I was thinking to order 35% for all the rear windows. your suggestions please
Thank You!
Your closest match will be doing just doing the front doors in the 25%. If you want to add tint to the rear windows so it looks the same, use 35% or even 50%. It won't change how it looks much but will give you the UV blockage and if you use a ceramic film, the heat rejection as well.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank You!
I am in Texas I went with state max ceramic 35% on front doors and ceramic 20% on all rear windows and nothing on windshield. Inside looking out the tint appears to be remarkably close front and rear doors as well as rear. Ceramic blocking/reflecting of IR and other non visible light and heat greatly improved my cabin temperature. I will park truck facing north in warmer days and south in cooler weather to capture heat or not through windshield.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I tint my own windows (have for several years), usually 20% all the way around. I'm getting older and going to try 25% up front (35% too lite). I just don't want the back too dark, but I do want uv protection. So I wanted to ask the guy that does tint for a living to suggest what %tint added to the factory dye windows that would be equal to 20%. It sucks getting older and my eyes are not quite what they used to be. Sometimes I have to roll down the window to see at night! Everyone's truck looks awesome, and thank you for all the feedback!

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tint my own windows (have for several years), usually 20% all the way around. I'm getting older and going to try 25% up front (35% too lite). I just don't want the back too dark, but I do want uv protection. So I wanted to ask the guy that does tint for a living to suggest what %tint added to the factory dye windows that would be equal to 20%. It sucks getting older and my eyes are not quite what they used to be. Sometimes I have to roll down the window to see at night! Everyone's truck looks awesome, and thank you for all the feedback!
If you are talking about me, we use 40% over the factory dyed glass to give the UV protection but not change how the back looks. While in theory it should make it a lil darker, it really doesn't. We do this A LOT for customers for want UV and Heat rejection (we use ceramic film) and they are tickled to death with it.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you are talking about me, we use 40% over the factory dyed glass to give the UV protection but not change how the back looks. While in theory it should make it a lil darker, it really doesn't. We do this A LOT for customers for want UV and Heat rejection (we use ceramic film) and they are tickled to death with it.
Thank You! yes I was talking to you.... I will go ahead and order 35 for the backs then and stick to 25 for the fronts in Ceramic tint. In Phoenix it is super important to block the heat and UV. I was a little worried I would end up with like 5% on the rears If I went with 35%. Super thanks Again 22MavXLT (sorry I did't realize that was you in post #36, I had that HPR Maverick stuck in my head)

Jamsandolina

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just put 3m obsidian 30% on the 2 front windows and it is very close color match both looking in and out. I think 25% 3m obsidian will be a spot on color match. I'm gonna try that next.

Jamsandolina

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to re-start this thread. I've had my maverick for about a month and have been wrecking my brain about the rear privacy glass offering uv protection. I know Ford in Australia and New Zealand (I think) state 98% uv protection. I believe this to be true. I did a crude test today by holding my granddaughters transition eye glasses up to the passenger rear window in sunlight and they did not transition to dark. That tells me the privacy glass offers uv protection. This is important to me because I'm in the process of matching my front window tint to the rear glass. I didn't go ceramic because most ceramic has a blue tint to it. The closet match I found was the 3m obsidian in color. I'm not worried about ir rejection because here in El Paso, TX it gets so hot that it doesn't matter what tint you have your vehicle still bakes in the sun and gets hot inside. My main concern is uv protection for the interior.

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had my windshield and front door windows done with clear ceramic. Amazed at the difference in direct sunlight heat.
Sponsored