Sponsored

What tint comes on mavericks from factory?

Mmontano

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick!!! 2015 Mustang; 2021 Mach-E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just went 5% (limo) all the way around. I love the privacy and live in So. Cal., summers get over triple digits so they’ll come in handy.
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess Ford's glass does block UV, I didn't know that. I just assumed it didn't because some don't, it is simply for looks. It's always a moot point for me because I tint every single piece of glass in a vehicle. But that said, I would say it does not block heat. A good ceramic film is best for that.
Pretty sure the windshield blocks UV as well. My transition glasses don't activate inside cars.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the windshield blocks UV as well. My transition glasses don't activate inside cars.
Good point, most cars from the last 10 years are probably the same. Besides fading carpet, UV causes suntan/ skin cancer...

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes. All glass blocks most UV.
Maybe some are more and some less.
But most glass blocks most UV.

UV stands of course for UltraViolet light and is higher frequency shorter wavelength light. It is invisible.

Full spectrum visible light is in the middle.

IR stands for InfraRed light and is lower frequency longer wavelength light. It is also invisible. IR is also what creates the perceptible heat.

What happens in home, car, or greenhouse, the "greenhouse" effect is:
Visible light (mostly) comes through the glass, hits objects inside, and the frequency gets "slowed down" or converted into Infrared. This makes the heat you feel, thus you want darker tint to block some of the visible light from ever getting inside the car to get converted into heat. Sun shade or umbrella same idea.

I would definitely say the stock rear and back doors are factory "tinted" just in a different way than after the fact. Tint means a shade of color. They for sure have a shade of color other than clear.
😎

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I tint for a living, my back windows metered at 22%. I put CIR20 all the way around and a 5% 8" windshield strip on mine. And the poster above is correct, the rear windows are simply privacy glass, with dye made into the glass to give the appearance of tint. It does nothing for UV or heat. That's why I tinted over mine.
tempImageWjfWuL.jpg
tempImagegsTY3f.jpg
tempImageMBgL2v.jpg
Is it possible to get a clear or 90s% VLT ceramic tint? I want to do all windows but don't want to cut down on visibility

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if there is a 90% VLT or not. We do have a 70% VLT and an 80%, but I have not heard of anyone making a 90%. I'm not saying they don't, I just haven't heard of it.

I still haven't put a meter on my back doors to see what it came down to after I put the 20CIR over the factory tint, but I will try to remember to do it tomorrow.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I finally put a tint meter on mine, the fronts read at 14 and the rear read at 0. I have CIR20 all the way around on mine.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I finally put a tint meter on mine, the fronts read at 14 and the rear read at 0. I have CIR20 all the way around on mine.
What does read at zero and 14 mean?

I want to leave my rear alone and get front sides to match.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Visible Light Transmittance. Meaning 14% of light comes thru the front doors now and 0% comes thru the rear. As read by the meter.

Obviously light comes thru as it's not purely covered as if you were to put vinyl on it. The meter reads at a particular point on the glass. My rears read 22% from the factory. You can make the front "match" from the outside looking in with a 20% tint, but it will never match looking out. As you will be looking out of a tint versus dyed glass.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Privacy window glass has metal oxides added to achieve the desired color and shade. As stated, the front side windows are not tinted and it's up to the customer if they want to add tint or not.

Sponsored

Inkbath

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Visible Light Transmittance. Meaning 14% of light comes thru the front doors now and 0% comes thru the rear. As read by the meter.

Obviously light comes thru as it's not purely covered as if you were to put vinyl on it. The meter reads at a particular point on the glass. My rears read 22% from the factory. You can make the front "match" from the outside looking in with a 20% tint, but it will never match looking out. As you will be looking out of a tint versus dyed glass.

How difficult is it to see out of at night with the front windows so dark?

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To be honest, it's pretty tough for me. My eyesight ain't what it used to be and we live out in the country now where there are no street lights around. So I have to roll down my front windows to get out of our driveway. But it's ok. I'm used to it, I tint all of our vehicles that way, except for my Daughter's. I do hers legal.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The rear is “privacy glass” and matches up closest to 20% tint. Unfortunately, most states require nothing darker than 30% tint on the front, which is noticeably lighter.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tint for a living, my back windows metered at 22%. I put CIR20 all the way around and a 5% 8" windshield strip on mine. And the poster above is correct, the rear windows are simply privacy glass, with dye made into the glass to give the appearance of tint. It does nothing for UV or heat. That's why I tinted over mine.
tempImageWjfWuL.jpg
tempImagegsTY3f.jpg
tempImageMBgL2v.jpg
Looks bad ass 😀👍
Sponsored