Sponsored

What specifically makes the hybrids more difficult to manufacture?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
December 8th 2021 OKTB Hybrid Maverick [due to emissions certification there was delay]
No it was not December 8th 2021 for OKTB.

It was at the end of November 2021 because if it was December 8th 2021 then my Hybrid Maverick built on 11/29/2021 would not have shipped on 11/30/2021.
Sponsored

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
I spoke to a person at Ford HQ (or supposed to from) today I have been bumped to MY23 (Org order date Oct 2021) He told me there was is transmission problems with the Hy bred. Didn't say what kind but but hinted parts. He also said (at this point) the roll over will not cause a lot of paperwork. Ford was going to handle the switch over. I ordered an XL and I am hoping the MY23 has the standard cruise control. By the way (at this point) means don't believe everything you hear. Good luck to all
WTF? Nonsense comments like this are the cancers which make these forums sometimes suck. Stop repeating stupid nonsense that some nobody made up.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you get this information? I just read an article that says supply chains are improved, although there are still some specific problems. Some chip makers are reporting that sales estimates for the near future are down due to stabilized demand.

Helicopters?
Actually Black helicopters. :p

it's a side effect of just in time inventory. seen it in person several times at my plant, nothing new and just barely unusual. plant downtime is measured in thousands per minute.

hopkin22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
1. Try to open your mind a bit and understand that what you like is not neccesarily what everyone else likes. There are likely many people who would say "I don't know why so many people want the Maverick when it cannot xyz. When you need to pull something big you are going to wish you had an F250."

2. If you are sliding all over or getting stuck, you might want to reconsider your driving technique/skill.

Sponsored

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Ford has the resources to build mavericks, but they don't want to allocate those resources there. They would rather allocate them to F150 lightning or mustang mach-e. Mavericks are the bottom wrung.
You understand that you could snap your fingers and make F150 Lightning and MachE disappear and there would still be constrained items that prevent the production of Mavericks, right?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You understand that you could snap your fingers and make F150 Lightning and MachE disappear and there would still be constrained items that prevent the production of Mavericks, right?
Mudflaps?

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Mudflaps?

• Co-Pilot360 Package
  • XLT Luxury Package
  • Lariat Luxury Package
  • Tremor Off-Road Package
  • Appearance Package
  • Black Appearance Package
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Cargo Management System
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Co-Pilot360 Package
  • XLT Luxury Package
  • Lariat Luxury Package
  • Tremor Off-Road Package
  • Appearance Package
  • Black Appearance Package
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Cargo Management System
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear
Not on my order

Sponsored

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Not on my order
Nobody gives a shit about your order, and that list was not exhaustive. There are many things that go into a Maverick that are limited supply commodities. Or maybe you are right, Ford could build many more Mavericks but just chooses not to so they can build other less popular models.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where is the Ford lithium mine located?
Im not 100 % sure but I believe it in Big Sandy Tn the largest lithium in United States about 80 miles NE of the new battery plant they are currently building in West Tennessee
Where is the Ford lithium mine located?
Ford has their ducks in a row a couple months ago I stated this same thing and was chastised about that statement so let's talk about the largest lithium mine in the USA. There has been small lithium mine in Big Sandy Tennessee part of it
in Henry county Tennessee. At that same mind in Big Sandy Tennessee they have just opened the largest lithium mind in all of the United States. This is about 80 miles Northeast of the 11 billion dollar battery plant that Ford is building in West Tn. Off of interstate 40 between Memphis Tennessee in Jackson Tennessee. You can Google this information to see if it's true or not it is true this is the biggest lithium mine in all of the United States. Ford has known about this mine and its potential for many years . Big Sandy also has one of the finest sands for making windshields !!!!!! Many Many years ago Ford wanted to build a windshield manufacturing plant in Henry county Tennessee because of this fantastic sand but the county fathers made it impossible for Ford to build this new plant because they themself had manufacturing plants in Henry county that paid very very poor wages a matter of fact poverty wages and a Ford would have came in they would have paid two times what the county fathers were paying their employees at their manufacturing plants so they made it impossible for Ford to put the windshield plant in Henry county so Ford gave up and went elsewhere. Even know this was many many years ago the working population of Henry county has never forgot this.!!!! By the way these plans are long gone 😅😀👍 I wonder if that's why Ford did not build their new battery manufacturing plant in Henry county right next to the lithium mine. ????🤔🤔 sometimes karma will come back and bite you in places you don't want to be bit. By the way this is in my backyard just not close enough to the mind darn LOL. 😃🤔👍

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Im not 100 % sure but I believe it in Big Sandy Tn the largest lithium in United States about 80 miles NE of the new battery plant they are currently building in West Tennessee
JFC. Big Sandy Lithium mine is nowhere near Tennessee. Ford gets battery components from China.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
JFC. Big Sandy Lithium mine is nowhere near Tennessee. Ford gets battery components from China.
that would be Piedmont Tenn and White Silica Sand Company Pit
Caryville, Tennessee

google that lol
Sponsored