Sponsored

What questions to ask the dealership as we wait?

hyperlite2k1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford E250, 2014 Lexus CT200H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi I'm new to the site and have a Ford Maverick on order. It was my first time ordering a new vehicle. I missed out on my opportunity to order a 22 so I waited for the 23 order books to open. Like waiting for in line for concert tickets in the 90's. I was first in line at the dealer of my choice to get a 23 on order. My order contains an XLT hybrid, with 4 options. Lux pkg, 360, moonroof, and remote start. Ordering time on my sheet is 9/15/22 at 5:52pm. Order was summited to ford 9/16/22. Sales Code: F41314. Order code 0915, Priority code 19. I also have signed copies of order sheet, deposit, and out the door pricing so I hopefully don't get screwed paying for what I sighed for if the truck ever does come in. This will be my fiancés truck and this was her must haves so I made sure not to add anything else I can add myself.

So far all I have been getting is the 45 day "dear john" emails from ford and I have/can be patient. But would like to have this truck built this 23 model year if possible. My sales person claims their priority codes mean nothing and I just have to wait. Is it ridiculous of me to think my truck could not get built? I do know 24 order banks open July 17th, which doesn't feel that far away. Is it true that if your 23 doesn't get built, you will have to start all over, pay 24 pricing, and reset the waiting process like you haven't waited a whole year?

Are there questions I can ask the dealership or to ford to know anything more about my situation? (Or anybody waiting should ask) What are things I can intelligently ask my dealer about where I am in their system? I feel they won't give me details in less I know how to ask things correctly. If there's nothing to do but wait, so be it, but if there's anything I can do to shine more light, advice would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you were truly the first, ask to get bumped to priority 10. Make sure your order was approved through the COVP system. Ask them if your odds would improve if you removed any of the options. Ask, on average, how many allocations they get per month and how many orders they have left. They likely won't answer all of these without some pressure on your part.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like previous post, first question is that "If I was the first order you took, why am I a priority code 19, when the priority is a 10." Do not buy that dog and pony story that priority codes do not matter. That is a dealer decision and the 10's take priority over those above. The 19 is the lowest priority. When I changed colors, my dealer somehow moved mine from a 10 to a 13, but I caught it and he moved it back. Have had my Lariat hybrid for several months and love it.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" could you please remove your head from your ass?"

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since dealers were asked to reserve priority 10 for the MY22 reorders, having a non-10 priority is understandable. Now I definitely would ask to be 10 or 11.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" could you please remove your head from your ass?"
Hey, great response to someone who has only been a member a little over a week and is posting his first thread..............................o_O

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, great response to someone who has only been a member a little over a week and is posting his first thread..............................o_O
i was giving him an answer to his question, not berating the poster

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Step 1: Go see them Face to Face and ask for a copy of the APPROVED COVP document.

Also, from what I understanding MY23 had package changes from those in MY22, this may not apply to you but it seems for MY23, CP360 is broken down into 2 pkgs, CP360 and CP360 Assist. You may want to verify you order includes the functionality like you want/expect.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your dealer has no idea when/if your order will be built. Ford does not know. PC only matters within your dealership - if all other Mavericks in the dealership are a 19 then no difference on PC. Your biggest constraint is the hybrid. The main problem is how many Maverick allocations your dealer has and how many unscheduled orders they have left. As an example, one of the biggest Maverick dealerships does not expect to have enough allocations to build all the remaining orders (they just had their last "rollover" get schedule) and they may not take any new 24 Maverick orders, just re-enter the ones left from 23.
So there is no guarantee, no one knows if it will get built. There are still 4.5 months of 23's being built.

Sponsored

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes.....that was down right rude and uncalled for.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Priority code matters within the dealer. If there are other orders, that puts you equal or behind them. Asking them to lower you to a lower number couldn't hurt your chances, but being a higher number could.

It is a very real possibility you won't get built this year. Latest data from Ford there will be no roll overs, no price protection, no incentives for unbuilt orders. An option is to try and change to Ecoboost (if you are still able). But in 7 weeks you can try again with a '24 MY (assuming that doesn't push...).

OP
OP

hyperlite2k1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford E250, 2014 Lexus CT200H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for everyone's replies! (Expect for that head in ass guy. lol) I messaged my sales manager and he definitely skated around my question: "How many allocations do you have and how many unscheduled orders do you have left?"

He did confirm that my COVP was approved on 10-03-2022 and claims that all Maverick orders he entered is at priority 19.
Sponsored