Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all the replies.
I guess I wouldn't be upset if the track my build hadn't said it was built and about to ship only to keep changing in a matter of minutes.
I guess instead of a birthday present to myself I'll have a Christmas present 🎁
Mike
Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please tell me what's going on with Ford?
I ordered my Maverick on July 24 got an email from FORD confirming production on September 23 in early August but nothing else.
On the 25th of September on track my build it said in production but it was built and will ship it to my dealer in 3 to 5 days.
Then 11-17 days then delivery date of October 17. Then last week it changed to TBD.
I called my dealer and he assured me it has been built but is still at the plant.
I'm starting to think it was heavily damaged trying to ship but they are not telling me that.
It's an XLT hybrid and I know there have been delays but this is B.S. that Ford is not telling me anything.
Don't beat yourself up with worry. NO ONE with a hybrid build has received it , although many like yourself have been notified their truck had been built and many given delivery date time lines. But now delivery times are TBD. Seriously, you are not alone. Just pray EPA approves sooner than rumored 12-8-2021 date.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all the replies.
I guess I wouldn't be upset if the track my build hadn't said it was built and about to ship only to keep changing in a matter of minutes.
I guess instead of a birthday present to myself I'll have a Christmas present 🎁
Mike
Yup probably end of December but the OKTB could always get pushed back until sometime next year....

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
As I describe in another thread, I have been going back and forth with my dealer about info on my build since September. On 08/30 the order was placed. DORA was processed 09/09. sales rep kept telling me my order was in but I never received anything from Ford OR the dealer. Went in yesterday and forced their hand. Came out with the DORA I was not even aware existed. Still don’t have a VIN or anything on a build, but at least I can relax in the knowledge that I AM in the system And the dealer wasn’t just stringing me along. Why didn’t the rep just show me the DORA or give me a copy? Maybe this is how they maintain their power over you. What I do know from dealing with all this is that the more knowledge you have, the more power you have. I knew quite a lot about how to buy a vehicle, and I was able to get a deal on my own terms in 5 minutes on the phone. Where I became much LESS powerful was after I got embroiled in this Covid supply fiasco. I really didn’t understand the growing complexities created by the worsening shortages, Ford’s failed communication system, and the processes involved in making a custom retail order. Like most people, I have always purchased from lot inventory. I’m a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff now, but actually getting a vehicle feels more like a fantasy than a certainty.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I describe in another thread, I have been going back and forth with my dealer about info on my build since September. On 08/30 the order was placed. DORA was processed 09/09. sales rep kept telling me my order was in but I never received anything from Ford OR the dealer. Went in yesterday and forced their hand. Came out with the DORA I was not even aware existed. Still don’t have a VIN or anything on a build, but at least I can relax in the knowledge that I AM in the system And the dealer wasn’t just stringing me along. Why didn’t the rep just show me the DORA or give me a copy? Maybe this is how they maintain their power over you. What I do know from dealing with all this is that the more knowledge you have, the more power you have. I knew quite a lot about how to buy a vehicle, and I was able to get a deal on my own terms in 5 minutes on the phone. Where I became much LESS powerful was after I got embroiled in this Covid supply fiasco. I really didn’t understand the growing complexities created by the worsening shortages, Ford’s failed communication system, and the processes involved in making a custom retail order. Like most people, I have always purchased from lot inventory. I’m a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff now, but actually getting a vehicle feels more like a fantasy than a certainty.
When I placed my order in July I got a confirmation email from FORD before I left the dealership.
Then about 2 weeks later I got the schedule build date and VIN number.
But nothing else that is why I'm a little upset but I'm over it now that I've vented.
Thanks for putting up with me.
Mike

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please tell me what's going on with Ford?
I ordered my Maverick on July 24 got an email from FORD confirming production on September 23 in early August but nothing else.
On the 25th of September on track my build it said in production but it was built and will ship it to my dealer in 3 to 5 days.
Then 11-17 days then delivery date of October 17. Then last week it changed to TBD.
I called my dealer and he assured me it has been built but is still at the plant.
I'm starting to think it was heavily damaged trying to ship but they are not telling me that.
It's an XLT hybrid and I know there have been delays but this is B.S. that Ford is not telling me anything.
There are people, me included that ordered weeks ahead of you and haven’t even been scheduled yet. I have t had any comms on why, and don’t expect them. Patience is a lost virtue the days.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I recommend people tweeting out to Mike Levine and Jim Farley.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
How long did you have to be on hold before they pick up?
I'm limited on time. During working hours.
When I called last Friday it was 45 minutes. I waited till I was driving home and was fortunate I did not drop the call.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
When I called last Friday it was 45 minutes. I waited till I was driving home and was fortunate I did not drop the call.
They also have an online chat, albeit not always as helpful as the people on the phone. But they can at least confirm your order and order status.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this fourm cense July.
I see people who are getting responses from FORD about delays but I get nothing!!!!
And it's really starting to piss me off.
At least when I was in the military I expected to be kept in the dark.
Don't foget the fed shit part of the equation!!

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Con, 2022 Maverick XLT Hyb
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet some dealers are keeping you in the dark about your order, hoping you will say the hell with it and cancel the order. That way they can sell your Maverick for $6,000 more than your were buying it for. May sound cynical, but based on nearly 50 years of dealing with car dealers, I have a very low opinion of most of them.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's B.S. that we don't heard anything from Ford after our confirmation email. You would think every week or even once a month they would send something to let us know they're still in business. A newsletter, a coupon for something, even junk mail! Absolutely crickets.
Sponsored