Sponsored

What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness?

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all. this weekend i put a 12" fosgate shallow sub in with boss 1100 amp. everything works alright. ( Stock speakers need to go at some point) anyway, i spliced the remote from the amp into the red and white hot wire on the radio harness. assuming it was Ignition hot, but its actually a battery hot and the amp stays on all the time when the truck is off. ive been searching around and trying to find out what people are using as a remote hot, but all ive found was that i need to get a factory service manual. been trying to down load the 72 hour liscense but my order gets locked up on the processing screen. anyway. hopefully someon here whose done the splicing method can help me out
Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Hey all. this weekend i put a 12" fosgate shallow sub in with boss 1100 amp. everything works alright. ( Stock speakers need to go at some point) anyway, i spliced the remote from the amp into the red and white hot wire on the radio harness. assuming it was Ignition hot, but its actually a battery hot and the amp stays on all the time when the truck is off. ive been searching around and trying to find out what people are using as a remote hot, but all ive found was that i need to get a factory service manual. been trying to down load the 72 hour liscense but my order gets locked up on the processing screen. anyway. hopefully someon here whose done the splicing method can help me out
People have been using fuse taps, Iā€™ve seen people use different fuse spots for it. Me personally, the lc2i pro has signal sense and a remote out, so Iā€™m just using the remote out on the LC2i

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Curious on the shallow 12 tho, do you have it under the rear seat or? Any pictures?

OP
OP
chattanoogamav
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious on the shallow 12 tho, do you have it under the rear seat or? Any pictures?
i'm going to do the rear seat delete. Im putting race seats in so the back seat has to go at some point for the harnesses. the shallow sub will fit behind the back seat, but you have to cut out some of the trim and other little bits to get the seat to close fully.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
i'm going to do the rear seat delete. Im putting race seats in so the back seat has to go at some point for the harnesses. the shallow sub will fit behind the back seat, but you have to cut out some of the trim and other little bits to get the seat to close fully.
Yeah Iā€™ve been having a hell of a time getting even a 10 back thereā€¦. I was running a hertz cs250 S2 in a .75 cu ft sealed box on the floor behind my passenger seatā€¦. Sounded great and there wasnā€™t a single rattle outside (sub wasnā€™t shallow enough to work behind seat, mostly because of that damn support rod on the back of the seat near where the latch is). I ended up with an Audison DVC 10 thatā€™s only 3.4 inches too mount depth to fit back there, sounds almost as good inside the truck (only two hours in so I havenā€™t pushed it), but now it sounds like the entire bed floor is rattling if you stand outside. Trying to figure out how to solve that šŸ˜‘ šŸ˜ž

Sponsored

Ken Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, maverick asap
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tapped into fuse #6 for a remote turn on for my sub amp and it works perfectly.

OP
OP
chattanoogamav
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah Iā€™ve been having a hell of a time getting even a 10 back thereā€¦. I was running a hertz cs250 S2 in a .75 cu ft sealed box on the floor behind my passenger seatā€¦. Sounded great and there wasnā€™t a single rattle outside (sub wasnā€™t shallow enough to work behind seat, mostly because of that damn support rod on the back of the seat near where the latch is). I ended up with an Audison DVC 10 thatā€™s only 3.4 inches too mount depth to fit back there, sounds almost as good inside the truck (only two hours in so I havenā€™t pushed it), but now it sounds like the entire bed floor is rattling if you stand outside. Trying to figure out how to solve that šŸ˜‘ šŸ˜ž
idk man thats tricky. i dont get any shake with the shallow 12". Maybe just need more deadening in there?

any way i guess ill go with a fuse tap. probably better to cover all my bases fuse wise anyway.

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT , 2008 Sport Trac Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a pin out diagram for the connectors but I have this if it helps.

Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_1

Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_2
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_3
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_4
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_5
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_6
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_7
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_8
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_9
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_10
Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? page_11

OP
OP
chattanoogamav
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tapped into fuse #6 for a remote turn on for my sub amp and it works perfectly.

page_1.png

page_2.png
page_3.png
page_4.png
page_5.png
page_6.png
page_7.png
page_8.png
page_9.png
page_10.png
page_11.png
appreciate the diagrams, dont see any accessory power, remote or any of the sort labeled =(. only battery hot. Im assuming the "HS" can + (Violet/grey) is the ticket, but id rather be safe and sorry and fuse tap the remote.

really appreciate the diagrams though. should help others in the future. Nice pony btw :cool:

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
appreciate the diagrams, dont see any accessory power, remote or any of the sort labeled =(. only battery hot. Im assuming the "HS" can + (Violet/grey) is the ticket, but id rather be safe and sorry and fuse tap the remote.

really appreciate the diagrams though. should help others in the future. Nice pony btw :cool:
Sorry I don't have a pin out showing the circuits. The HS can + is the high speed CAN-Bus signal for the CAN-Bus network.

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the head unit have a subwoofer output and remote wire? For the b&o system how fo they do it?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
page_7.png
Well that's very strange. Are they really running the tweeters off of the (traditionally) rear channel outputs on the B&O amp while the rear + center are off the ACM? That would make wiring a bi-amp front stage Kicker key pretty simple, but means I need to change around the harness I assembled a bit.

Perhaps someone with a Lariat Lux can unplug the B&O amp and see if the rear+center still work?

OP
OP
chattanoogamav
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry I don't have a pin out showing the circuits. The HS can + is the high speed CAN-Bus signal for the CAN-Bus network.
yeah so idk. there is a white and blue wire, which is historically for remote wires. but being ford and not even seeing it labeled on the 6 speaker diagram Im not going to mess with it.

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

thanks...

Ford Maverick What is the correct wire to splice into for remote in audio harness? FB_IMG_1544443878423

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost