First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL didn't come with one but I'm seriously thinking about getting it to store my trailer hitch, ratchet straps, and possibly my little air compressor if will fit. Probably have to remove the divider/false floor to get the hitch in there. This will just help free up some storage under the back seat. Best price I found was around $55 from Ford. Unfortunately I've already burned all my Ford Pass Points on a bed mat and tailgate protector :(
Sponsored

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL didn't come with one but I'm seriously thinking about getting it to store my trailer hitch, ratchet straps, and possibly my little air compressor if will fit. Probably have to remove the divider/false floor to get the hitch in there. This will just help free up some storage under the back seat. Best price I found was around $55 from Ford. Unfortunately I've already burned all my Ford Pass Points on a bed mat and tailgate protector :(
I've seen people post prices from $45-65 from different dealers. If you go to your local dealer, they can get you a price, I just ordered a 2nd one for my XLT from Amazon though last week, it was $62

Edit:
Found a link on this forum for the cubby for < $40:
https://www.theoemparts.com/oem-parts/ford-partition-loading-compartment-nz6z60286a72a

Last edited:

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We kept a small jump pack in there with the cables. we have a few older vehicles that need to be jumped every so often so if we are caught with a dead jump pack or no jump pack i can go meet him with my truck and i have one on hand. i can also help out if i see someone in need of a jump as well.

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2" ball and mount, without the divider, of course. However, since I have the 4k with faulty wiring, maybe I won't be using it for a while.

OP
OP
BruceK

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cargo nets and bungee cords
I’d like to find a cargo net sometime that doesn’t devolve into a mass of tangled cords…😊

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We kept a small jump pack in there with the cables. we have a few older vehicles that need to be jumped every so often so if we are caught with a dead jump pack or no jump pack i can go meet him with my truck and i have one on hand. i can also help out if i see someone in need of a jump as well.
Hi Sarah, glad to see you on the forum.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone found a replacement cubby that's not cheap plastic ?

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I added this to my XL. I keep some rope, gloves and bungees there.

OP
OP
BruceK

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added this to my XL. I keep some rope, gloves and bungees there.
I wasn't aware this was not standard on the XL. Strange, it seems like a small item.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jumper cables for now. I have one of these chargeable batteries cable of jumping the vehicle so I may get rid of the charging cables. The other side has the exterior plug/bed light setup from the factory. I’m thinking about buying another cubby and modifying it to accommodate those two things but still be able to store items.

Sponsored

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jumper cables for now. I have one of these chargeable batteries cable of jumping the vehicle so I may get rid of the charging cables. The other side has the exterior plug/bed light setup from the factory. I’m thinking about buying another cubby and modifying it to accommodate those two things but still be able to store items.
I will warn we have one of the small chargeable batteries/jump pack, in the summer it got to hot and started to bulge like it might explode. we were keeping it in the glove compartment in his towncar, so we make sure to monitor it in the summer so it doesn't get to hot.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would like to know how this was done!!
I swiped the idea from another MTC member who did it. wasn't too hard, just have to be careful cutting and how high up you put the outlet (wiring doesn't leave much room). lost the oem light, but re-used that wiring and the oem button to add lights to the bed. let me see if I can find the thread

mavn00b

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I swiped the idea from another MTC member who did it. wasn't too hard, just have to be careful cutting and how high up you put the outlet (wiring doesn't leave much room). lost the oem light, but re-used that wiring and the oem button to add lights to the bed. let me see if I can find the thread
Did you DIY the inverter? I'm not seeing a ton of ideas for DIY inverter on Hybrid.

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Straps & bungies plus this pseudo cargo net, not super heavy duty, but a cheap add on when used to retain a tarp when covering a mixed load ...
Ford Maverick What do you keep in here? Screenshot 2023-03-20 085019

Last edited:

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid