Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

... I need to order a trim higher than XLT in order to add options from my previous XLT (moonroof and CP360).
That will not make me happy....
Sponsored

IBCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a little annoying that we upgraded to the XLT to get cruise control which was not even an option on the XL previously. Now losing some of the XLT additions (bed liner, tie down rails) that were included, and paying more :cautious:

teamhurst

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been hearing the order banks will close by month end. So only THEN will the info be available online?

Makes perfect sense. 🤪

Also, so the only real difference between XL and XLT is the wheels (and the exterior keypad, I guess)?? Any wheel option for XL other than steelies, cuz I can definitely live without the external keypad.
And the power mirrors. If you add the 360 option it comes with power mirrors.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if I can add Navigation to my MY22 Lariat Lux? Would really like to have it, guess I need to get my truck first. Supposed to be built Saturday, Sept. 24th. Just wondering......
Thanks!

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if I can add Navigation to my MY22 Lariat Lux? Would really like to have it, guess I need to get my truck first. Supposed to be built Saturday, Sept. 24th. Just wondering......
Thanks!
Use your phone either android auto or apple carplay. Just plug it in to the USB port and it appears on the screen. Much more accurate than factory built in navigation

Sponsored

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use your phone either android auto or apple carplay. Just plug it in to the USB port and it appears on the screen. Much more accurate than factory built in navigation
Thanks!
Sold my F150 when I ordered the Maverick, liked the Nav. system on that. We have been using our phones since, we just moved to SC from MI last year, still getting to know the lay of the land. Maps have gotten us around to doc. appts. and such, so maybe won't worry about having the Nav. system on my Maverick. I don't know much of how to program things, like so many do on this site. Someone also mentioned that the map apps don't use a lot of data with your phone plan, that was a big concern of mine, since we don't have unlimited data.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Potential constraint questions? Looking to order a 23 (possibly 2) and was wondering if anyone knows if these options could post problems?

-Protective film option
-Trailer hitch option
-Full size spare tire

I will most likely avoid any of the packages (ie LUX, etc) but might be interested in the above options I listed - if they are still available on the 23's?
After having a flat tire, I wish I had not added the full size spair. Getting the full size tire out front under the truck and back under...is way more than a hassel. The full size tire is still not the same size as the 4 tires that come with the truck so you have to change out the spare again. I would never order a Maverick without a trailer hitch.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is a basic CP360 available on 2023 Mav XLT? If so, what are the basic features? Will someone please answer?
I have it and I it includes camera images notifying you when you get out of the left and right painted markers with a display notice and tone...I would never buy another car without CP360; I think it is part of the rear backup alerts when have saved me a dozen times in the Maverick. I also will never buy another car without the rear mirror alerts when a car is in your blind spot...the CP360 is a no-brainer to have as a must included....CP350 pkg also includes a normal size spare tire instead of the donut.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a little annoying that we upgraded to the XLT to get cruise control which was not even an option on the XL previously. Now losing some of the XLT additions (bed liner, tie down rails) that were included, and paying more :cautious:
Those that ordered the XLT in 2022 got a bargain and I do not begrudge Ford in any way for making up some profit margins.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Caution on the spare tires!

All 2022 Mavericks came with two different spare tires:

1. a space saver spare tire, donut, or temporary tire, size T155/70D17
2. If you purchase a hybrid or pay extra for a so called "Full Size Spare", surprise, the size is 215/60R17 . This is not the same as the OEM tire/rim on any Maverick.

This information is shown on the Placard located on the driver side door jam.

Please note, the factory spare does not have a Ford OEM TPMS factory sensor.

No idea yet if its different for the 2023 models.

Sponsored

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can we change our order after it’s in? I sent my 22 build and it was entered as that. I wanted to add the black package/remote start and remote co pilot 360.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks!
Personally, I don’t need Navigation in a vehicle. I just use my cell phone.

Anyone had experiences showing the value of Navigation in a vehicle?

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Show me where you can buy a new one of those you mentioned (in 4WD) for under $30k. Heck, it's hard to find them used below that.
Yep exactly, and I got my AWD 4K XL from Granger for $22.5k . I could make the same blanket statement about why would you buy a FWD truck, guess what everyone has different uses. Some people want a prius with a bed, others want something more capable for off road/slippery conditions with a simple/traditional drivetrain (that still gets 30+mpg hwy)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And it doesn't require periodic updates to stay accurate.

Personally, I don’t need Navigation in a vehicle. I just use my cell phone.

Anyone had experiences showing the value of Navigation in a vehicle?
Yes. We were driving some backroads in a very remote area northeast of Taos, NM. Gorgeous country, but zero cell reception up there. The various cell phone mapping apps download "tiles" of data corresponding to your current position and the next one or two "tiles" ahead of you, but not necessarily the entire route, and you can wind up "off the tile" if you deviate from you planned route because your wife wants to go look at some quilts or something (just a "random" example)...

Anyway, we're in the middle of nowhere, and suddenly the mapping app on the phone says "oopsie, I can't help you any more because you're out of communication." Lucky for us, the rental vehicle navigation system had reasonably current maps that were "good enough" (though not at all accurate in some of the details) to help us find our way back to the primary route (where the vehicle nav was perfectly fine).

Having owned 3-4 vehicles with factory nav, and then driven a couple with Apple Car Play / Android Auto, I vastly prefer the smartphone versions, and will probably use that option more often than the factory nav. But it's nice having the "fallback" of a full set of maps.

PS - for my RV (which is often "off the beaten path") we have a Garmin 760 navigator, which is fantastic. It came with free map upgrades for life, uses voice commands for everything, and takes only minutes to update before a trip. It's by far the best navigator I've ever used. And the only reason I don't use it for everyday use is that it has to sit atop the dash, and my other vehicles didn't have a great place to place it. But that might be a perfect use for the small "cubby" behind the infotainment screen... I think I'll use it for trips.

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Caution on the spare tires!

All 2022 Mavericks came with two different spare tires:

1. a space saver spare tire, donut, or temporary tire, size T155/70D17
2. If you purchase a hybrid or pay extra for a so called "Full Size Spare", surprise, the size is 215/60R17 . This is not the same as the OEM tire/rim on any Maverick.

This information is shown on the Placard located on the driver side door jam.

Please note, the factory spare does not have a Ford OEM TPMS factory sensor.

No idea yet if its different for the 2023 models.
So, kind of pointless to check that box. Just more weight.
Sponsored