Sponsored

What’s Ford’s thought process on exterior color changes?

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My ‘23 XL Hybrid, Carbonized Gray, probably won’t be built in ‘23. In ‘24, Carbonized Gray (and Iconic Silver) will only be available for fleet purchases. Why? I understand when colors are deleted from production due to lack of sales, but why remove colors from the general public and grant them to “fleet only”?
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not understand this either. However, I interpret the chart as saying only in the XL trim are these two colors not available. Still Available in XLT, Lariat and other packages. Right of wrong???? Still does not make much sense as I would bet that most fleet orders are for white. :unsure: :unsure:

OP
OP
Ktowntimmy

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not understand this either. However, I interpret the chart as saying only in the XL trim are these two colors not available. Still Available in XLT, Lariat and other packages. Right of wrong???? Still does not make much sense as I would bet that most fleet orders are for white. :unsure: :unsure:
I’m not sure, CG. The “order grid“ posted here on MTC is confusing to me regarding exterior/interior color choices. The heading seems to imply for all trim packages, and that all but one interior color is available in all trims and all exterior colors. That’s a direct opposite of the MY23 order process, if I remember correctly. Just color me confused. It would sure be nice to have an understanding before I go Monday to place my rollover order!

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very possible that the only people really ordering those colors were fleet buyers in the first place.
Could also be a carrot on a stick to get you to upgrade to the XLT.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you just question FORDs thought process?

The first rule about FORD forums is you never question FORD.

Someone will be here in a minute to tell you they've been buying FORDs exclusively for 30 years yadda yadda... Something something master plan...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ktowntimmy

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very possible that the only people really ordering those colors were fleet buyers in the first place.
Could also be a carrot on a stick to get you to upgrade to the XLT.
Again, IDK. I would think that most fleets would be in white. I see gray and silver vehicles (of all types and brands) everywhere. Those seem to be very popular colors. You my be right about the carrot, but I don’t think it’ll work.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who knows? I'd chalk it up to supply issues but those two colors are common amongst most models. Maybe Ford wants their retail Mavericks to stand out?

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that chart is confusing.

Tim at Long McArthur said last night on his video that the only colors available for the XL trim are shadow black, oxford white, hot pepper red, cactus grey, atlas blue. Extra $500 charge for the red.

OP
OP
Ktowntimmy

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that chart is confusing.

Tim at Long McArthur said last night on his video that the only colors available for the XL trim are shadow black, oxford white, hot pepper red, cactus grey, atlas blue. Extra $500 charge for the red.
I haven’t seen Tim’s video. Got a link?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only restrictions on color availability are on XL - 2 unavailable, 2 fleet only.

All other trims, with/without BAP or Tremor, can get all other colors.

XL is low margin, low volume. It's not what they want to sell you. If you insist on any of the unavailable colors, that's Ford's way of saying to step up to XLT which they've designed as the "sweet spot" in terms of features and profit, and the one that makes up the bulk of production.

It's just business.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you just question FORDs thought process?
Are you somehow surprised that there is push back from Ford fans that disagree with your anti Ford bias? I'd hold that their and my opinions have as much weight as yours.

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m not sure, CG. The “order grid“ posted here on MTC is confusing to me regarding exterior/interior color choices. The heading seems to imply for all trim packages, and that all but one interior color is available in all trims and all exterior colors. That’s a direct opposite of the MY23 order process, if I remember correctly. Just color me confused. It would sure be nice to have an understanding before I go Monday to place my rollover order!
Ford Maverick What’s Ford’s thought process on exterior color changes? 1689180199603

Hopefully this clears things up. Dot means available for retail order

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you somehow surprised that there is push back from Ford fans that disagree with your anti Ford bias? I'd hold that their and my opinions have as much weight as yours.
Lol. It's sarcasm dude. I've owned more FORDs than any other brand.

This forum is amazing.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol. It's sarcasm dude. I've owned more FORDs than any other brand.
call it what you will and try to laugh it off but those digs at fellow forum members is low ball.
Sponsored