First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was ordering the door sill protectors from tufskinz and saw you can get custom emblems for the Weathertech mats. I got boring black sill protectors so zhuzhed up the Floor mats. These are "Inferno" with "Cavalry Blue" text, and the colors aren't too far off. https://www.tufskinz.com/collection.../wth001-2-badge-emblem-weathertech-floor-mats
Those tuffskinz sill protectors are just basically black tape…I returned mine want something a bit more substantial
Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have WeatherTech mats on my Mav and Husky's on my Tacoma. The Huskys on the Taco are much better.

On the Mav WeatherTech there’s a gap between the door sill carpet and the mat. This causes problems especially if you're dragging in snow on your boots as the moisture gets under the mat.

On my Tacoma, the Huskys have a lip that goes over the door sill which prevents this. You can see the protective lip on my Tacoma in this pic.

Ford Maverick WeatherTech Mats vs. Ford Maverick Mats Comparison Review -- Conclusion:  Go with WT Tacoma

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mike didn't read it all.......... But good on Mike!!!!

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea. The I see the WT for the Mav don’t have the lip that goes over the door sill either. Guess the floor is too low for this design feature.

Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got the factory mats in my Mav. They are very difficult to keep clean. They scuff up easily and hold dirt in. Now that I know that I'd have gone with aftermarket.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sure there are better quality floor mats out there but I am quite satisfied with my OEM ones.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just when you thought it was safe to go out in the winter, another floor mat thread :ROFLMAO:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got the factory mats in my Mav. They are very difficult to keep clean. They scuff up easily and hold dirt in. Now that I know that I'd have gone with aftermarket.
Agree- Factory mats are just looking trashed on mine and they have had an easy 9 months- Good options on this thread- Upgrade time !

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah. But the Ford ones say "Maverick"

Sponsored

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never understand why they don't make the floor mat to cover up under the gas pedal like WeatherTech does.

The Tremor comes standard with the all weather mats and I am still likely to purchase the WT mats.

I would recommend Cerakoting the WT mats so you can wipe them off easily.
Probably to avoid liability in case someone accidentally places the liner over the pedal. That said I bought liners off Amazon that include coverage under the pedal and it is definitely a must have.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never understand why they don't make the floor mat to cover up under the gas pedal like WeatherTech does.

The Tremor comes standard with the all weather mats and I am still likely to purchase the WT mats.

I would recommend Cerakoting the WT mats so you can wipe them off easily.
Remember a few years back when all the Toyota vehicles had "stuck gas pedals". Remember all the people who ran into buildings. Even though they found out 99% of the issues were not Toyota's, but they blamed floor mats that got caught under the gas pedal. This is the major reason. Car manufactures will not risk another lawsuit. There are a few features that decided upon because of fear of litigation.

If you buy aftermarket it is probably easier to argue you did it to yourself, unless of faulty products.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Juannissimo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to come in with an opinion, I tried TUXMAT with my MAV and will never go back. #NOTASPONSOR. I've had WT in 5 vehicles.

The coverage Tuxmat offers is hands down superior especially "dead pedal" area for us up here in the salt belt, nothing like resting your foot there and just having the salt and snow build up haveway up the carpet where the WT doesn't cover,

TUXMAT covers all the way up the footwell, and i'm thoroughly impressed!

https://www.tuxmat.com/
These are always out of stock I’m thinking the company doesn’t exist anymore lol

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even though the Maverick mats do not go as high, they keep the water and snow off the carpet just fine. I wanted the Mav name on my floor but more importantly, I used Ford Pass points so I paid zero cash for the mats.

The snowy mess I made on the mats are about halfway into this video:

Sponsored