First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried Tuxmat, and they are sitting in the garage.
Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sell them to me I’ll buy them I’ve been looking for them for a while
I'll do you one better... if you get up the Central Coast, you can have them for free. They are brown to match the faux leather.

Netgyver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah. But the Ford ones say "Maverick"
This. After seeing all these other options though I’m definitely going to upgrade before next winter. I feel you, I’m gonna miss the Maverick name on them. :(

Juannissimo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll do you one better... if you get up the Central Coast, you can have them for free. They are brown to match the faux leather.
Tempting but I just traded in my 2022 maverick in for my 2023 and I purchased the black package so I guess I’m out of luck! Appreciate it though that would’ve been great

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never understand why they don't make the floor mat to cover up under the gas pedal like WeatherTech does.
Regulations restrict how close factory floor mats can get to the peddles. This was triggered by the unintended acceleration issue a number of Toyota (and a few other brands) vehicles had in the late 2000s that were caused by a faulty floor mat designs that could get the accelerator peddle stuck under the floor mat. A number of people were killed, and many injured as a result. I'm surprised regulators haven't gone after the aftermarket mat makers for ignoring these.

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd also throw SmartLiner out there for consideration for anyone in the market. I just installed them and they look nearly identical to these WTs and are ~$75 cheaper. The quality is top notch, fit and finish is perfect. Highly recommend. - https://a.co/d/iNputs7

1678722403243.png
I second this! Planning to get these for my maverick when it comes q
I'd also throw SmartLiner out there for consideration for anyone in the market. I just installed them and they look nearly identical to these WTs and are ~$75 cheaper. The quality is top notch, fit and finish is perfect. Highly recommend. - https://a.co/d/iNputs7

1678722403243.png
I second this! I got the all weather mats in my mav order but I’ll likely switch to this brand. We have them now in our expedition and love them

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are always out of stock I’m thinking the company doesn’t exist anymore lol
Sign up to be notified when in stock…..they were very good at communication…..worth waiting for, couldn’t get rid of my Ford mats quick enough

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I picked up my new 2023 XLT Ecco-Boost Maverick a week ago. I ordered a new set of Weather-Tech mats and mud flaps for it and just received them yesterday. I wish that I would have known about the Tuxmats, I think that I would have ordered them in place of the Weather-Tech's.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never understand why they don't make the floor mat to cover up under the gas pedal like WeatherTech does.

The Tremor comes standard with the all weather mats and I am still likely to purchase the WT mats.

I would recommend Cerakoting the WT mats so you can wipe them off easily.
Thanks for sharing Cerakote...you might want to also try "Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer"....it is about 1/10th the price. 18 Oz bottle ($20) will last for years. 1/2 table spoon would easily do both front mats. "Solution Finish" is the best stuff I've ever used for any black plastic trim...it is some times hard to find. It will also do all the trim on the Maverick, with no bleed on to paint if used correctly. My problem with mats is grit, sand, etc will wear off the coating quickly. Solution Finish simply returns black to black...great for all Maverick plastic trim pieces. As a "sealer" the black stays black for many months.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=solution+finish&crid=3I8JL861I2P31&sprefix=solution+finish+,aps,127&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Last edited:

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's done to keep the mat from ever getting caught in the accelerator pedal. I'm not sure if it's happened with Ford vehicles before, but there have been cases where it happened and caused accidents. Seems like it was Toyota, but not sure.
Had that happen with my RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 with the Weathertech's. Had it in for service and the Technician came to a screaming halt when the mat got caught on the accelerator when he was moving it into the service area. Burned rubber like crazy as he hit the brake and the wheels kept spinning until he cut the engine off. Very dangerous situation. I have no issues with the cut out under the accelertor after that. Just spray the exposed area with Scotchguard.

Beckybee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those tuffskinz sill protectors are just basically black tape…I returned mine want something a bit more substantial
Mine were super thick with a heavy texture & thick 3M adhesive. I was actually worried it would bend around the contours. Definitely needed the hair dryer to soften them enough to work.

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I use the 10pk of Trim Coat wipes from Amazon (around $15-18 per pack)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHJVK4G?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k1_1_8&amp=&th=1

A few notes:

1. I would recommend doing it when they are brand new, but that is not necessary. I've done it to both new and old with good results.

2. Prep, like almost everything, is key. Use Dawn soap at a good scrubbing pad and really give it a solid scrub, even new mats. Let them dry completely - overnight is preferrable.

3. Avoid touching the mats without gloves, oils from your hands can cause Cerakote not to adhere as well.

4. Apply a good liberal coat to the floor mats. Let dry completely, again - overnight is best - before using.

5. I do like to apply a second coat for additional protection. If you are doing that, I would highly recommend you wait a full 24 hours between first and second coats. The first coat may be dry to the touch but still not "cured" if that makes sense. Applying the second coat before it is cured will trap it underneath the second coat and you'll get white streaks/marks that won't come off. That is only an issue with applying two coats in quick succession.
Got the Cerakote. But don't have my truck. Getting the airbags replaced and on day #3. Will update with pics when done and thanks again! (My old WT mats were pretty beat up so if this protects em, great!)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the Cerakote. But don't have my truck. Getting the airbags replaced and on day #3. Will update with pics when done and thanks again! (My old WT mats were pretty beat up so if this protects em, great!)
Wow 3 days so for on the recall - Did they say it would be that long ? Mine is saying at least 2 days
Sponsored