Sponsored

Water leak/intrusion into cabin (UPDATE)

Canadianmaverickman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried this technique yesterday, not sure if it was pressurized enough or not but there were no bubbles around the windshield
Sponsored

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my 2024 XLT Hybrid back from the dealer for a water leak. As a recap, only a few weeks old and discovered a pool of water under the floorliners I put in. Managed to get the original dealership to take me in despite there being a backlog of customers waiting for other repairs. What was on the service summary was:

Water leaking in through HVAC Box, down past the BCM and onto the passenger floorboard. Lower Cowl seal for the cabin air intake defective. Removed engine bay cowls to access defective part. Damaged seal caused water leak and is apart of the lower cabin air intake cover.

The dealership did keep my car for several days and had fans blowing on it to dry out the floorboard and as far as I can tell, it's dry now. I was concerned it was going to smell like mold but I'm happy to say that when I picked it up today, it still has the new car smell.

It's going to rain this weekend so I'm going to take it out for a long drive to see if everything is sealed tight or if there is still a leak. Crossing fingers.
Imagine just now finding out about this because you can’t smell mold or mildew and taking it into the dealer to then find out it isn’t covered because you have a 36k bumper to
Bumper but you are at 37k
Mold visible under the floor mat meaning it is now spread throughout cabin.
probably been doing it since I have had it but since I am unable to smell the issue it has been just getting worse.
Then the dealer just basically telling me I’m SOL. This would also explain the respiratory issues my asthmatic son has had while in my truck.
but there is NO RECALL

OP
OP
B0B

B0B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Imagine just now finding out about this because you can’t smell mold or mildew and taking it into the dealer to then find out it isn’t covered because you have a 36k bumper to
Bumper but you are at 37k
Mold visible under the floor mat meaning it is now spread throughout cabin.
probably been doing it since I have had it but since I am unable to smell the issue it has been just getting worse.
Then the dealer just basically telling me I’m SOL. This would also explain the respiratory issues my asthmatic son has had while in my truck.
but there is NO RECALL
OMG, I'm so sorry! This is exactly what I was afraid of. I would reach out to Ford directly and point to all these threads with water leak. In fact, after I posted this message, someone from Ford reached out to me directly. I can share that contact if you need.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG, I'm so sorry! This is exactly what I was afraid of. I would reach out to Ford directly and point to all these threads with water leak. In fact, after I posted this message, someone from Ford reached out to me directly. I can share that contact if you need.
I would appreciate that POC. I’ve tried everything and am getting frustrated. I’m active military and have kids and rely on this vehicle.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer calls me back and says well it’s a deformed part on the seal, going to cost around 3400 but ford assistance says they will pay half and that it won’t be done until the end of next week and there are no cars available.
I still can’t believe the type of (or lack thereof) customer service I have received with this.
If it were a Toyota they would be like “yeah we got you, here is a loaner, have a nice day.” But not Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP
B0B

B0B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer calls me back and says well it’s a deformed part on the seal, going to cost around 3400 but ford assistance says they will pay half and that it won’t be done until the end of next week and there are no cars available.
I still can’t believe the type of (or lack thereof) customer service I have received with this.
If it were a Toyota they would be like “yeah we got you, here is a loaner, have a nice day.” But not Ford.
That doesn't make sense, a deformed part and they expect you to pay for half of it? I don't think so, I would keep pushing Ford to make this right. It's going to suck, but it's the right thing to do.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That doesn't make sense, a deformed part and they expect you to pay for half of it? I don't think so, I would keep pushing Ford to make this right. It's going to suck, but it's the right thing to do.
I agree. I’m not going to pay a dime. That is absurd.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. I’m not going to pay a dime. That is absurd.
So the Ford Team replied to me and said this:
I do see that you have had a case already created for this concern with our Web Chat Team (CAS-48925100-R8N4L3). According to my resources, the case has been assigned to our Truck Escalation Team who had authorized partial coverage for your repairs. We cannot change or overturn the determination made by our escalation team regarding further financial assistance. There are no warranties or programs in effect that would provide further coverage of your current concern. We recommend that you keep your receipts in case Ford initiates a program in the future based on your situation.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the Ford Team replied to me and said this:
I do see that you have had a case already created for this concern with our Web Chat Team (CAS-48925100-R8N4L3). According to my resources, the case has been assigned to our Truck Escalation Team who had authorized partial coverage for your repairs. We cannot change or overturn the determination made by our escalation team regarding further financial assistance. There are no warranties or programs in effect that would provide further coverage of your current concern. We recommend that you keep your receipts in case Ford initiates a program in the future based on your situation.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team
This is absolutely unacceptable and my reply said that also.
they are telling me they know it’s an issues and offering me half off which is still unacceptable and ridiculous.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is absolutely unacceptable and my reply said that also.
they are telling me they know it’s an issues and offering me half off which is still unacceptable and ridiculous.
Still no solution. Ford assistance tells me it’s a dealer issue, dealer says there is nothing they can do.

jjfordyce81

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still no solution. Ford assistance tells me it’s a dealer issue, dealer says there is nothing they can do.
Well, probably be one of the last updates unless my email from Mr. Farley is answered.
I got the spider man meme all day today.
Ford assistance told me the dealer opened an assistance request offering half off (still 1700) and since they did that, they were unable to do anything.
I told them I didn’t authorize that from the dealer and why can’t they just delete it and offer something else. The email specifically said that since that was open at the dealer they were unable to do anything.
Insinuating that if it weren’t open they could do more.
The dealer told me that is absurd and that they are the Ford Motor company and could overrule anything they wanted.
The ford assistance then said that if I authorized the dealer to do the repairs at $1700 then they could get me a rental, which I would have to pay out of pocket for and they would reimburse.
Once person also told me to keep my receipt in case in the future they came out with something that would pay me back.
I’m over it. I will be trading/selling this truck out of principle.
I will be going with another brand that will show better customer service.
Sponsored