Sponsored

Wait entering Month 16 ....... What am I doing wrong?

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I don't understand is that many on here said Ford would assign cancelled rollovers pc 2 so we could get scheduled faster. 16 months in for me too and most scheduled orders on here are new. I'm also at a small dealership and was told mine would be the next one for them built. I hate their allocation system so much.
Only cancelled hybrid VINs from MY22 were given a priority 2 when Ford move their orders to the MY23 order banks. Mine was a rollover MY22 order that never was built, created new for MY23 and still at priority 10 in limbo like you. :(
Sponsored

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only cancelled hybrid VINs from MY22 were given a priority 2 when Ford move their orders to the MY23 order banks. Mine was a rollover MY22 order that never was built, created new for MY23 and still at priority 10 in limbo like you. :(
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm a cancelled '22 Vin that is currently priority 2. For some reason I like adding rollover whenever I talk about cancelled Vin #'s. It's a habit.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In same delay mode as others.
I feel both dealer and Ford have had some bait and switch scam going on with their customers. Sales management is a mess.

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are still lot of us October/November 2021 hybrid orders waiting to get scheduled. I'm tired of hearing about dealer allocations. Ford obviously doesn't give a flying F about us. Getting another 45 day email really pissed me off today. Never buying a Ford again.
Had that feeling. Only up side was the truck was not going to be ny DD. Hang in there…next thrill ride will be to get the private offer assigned for your truck. If that was already done your net cost before taxes makes it a sweet deal I felt. As mad as I was with ford, the private offer and initial 130 mile ride home allowed us to kiss and make up. Well, save for what seems to be a dash rattle at low speed yet to be sorted out.

OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In same delay mode as others.
I feel both dealer and Ford have had some bait and switch scam going on with their customers. Sales management is a mess.
Yeah..... I think Hyundai (think Santa Cruz) should file a lawsuit against Ford.

Ford is promising tens of thousands of vehicles that they are either incapable or unwilling to build. The net result of their deceit is that a HUGE chunk of eager, willing buyers are being held captive and are being kept away from other manufacturers based upon the false promises.

I'm obviously not a lawyer.... but the level of lies, deceit, and incompetence at this point seems to have risen to the level where it is obvious that the intended result is to damage market share of competitors by continuing false promises OF CARS THAT THEY CANNOT OR WILL NOT BUILD!!

When you use fraud and false promises to keep consumers on a leash and away from competitors...... aren't there consumer protection laws in place to regulate such nefarious behavior?

"Pepsi....Where's My Jet?" clearly demonstrated how one company (Pepsi) offered false promises to consumers in order to protect market share and hurt competition. What Ford is doing is no different: They are offering false promises to protect market share and hurt competition.......

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

When you use fraud and false promises to keep consumers on a leash and away from competitors...... aren't there consumer protection laws in place to regulate such nefarious behavior?

I've been waiting 460 days as of today, and have at least a month more...so I may be joining the 500 club....

BUT, no way in hell do I feel like I have allowed Ford to hold me on a leash. It is MY decision and MY choice to wait this out.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Pepsi....Where's My Jet?" clearly demonstrated how one company (Pepsi) offered false promises to consumers in order to protect market share and hurt competition.
WTF? 🤣

OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting 460 days as of today, and have at least a month more...so I may be joining the 500 club....

BUT, no way in hell do I feel like I have allowed Ford to hold me on a leash. It is MY decision and MY choice to wait this out.
I'm a "free market" guy too.....

But should companies be allowed to pump out lie after lie after lie in an attempt to keep you away from other manufacturers?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I said it.

Go watch the documentary and tell me what the difference is
You know the judge dismissed that lawsuit, right?

Seems like the bottom line to your issues is that you got a crappy dealer, and about the only possible thing helpful has been done: You've identified the dealer to help other in the future.

This should not be the state of affairs, waiting 500 days for a truck the salesman told me would arrive in 6-8 weeks. I laughed when he said that...but I'd also have laughed if he said 500 days.

I don't "NEED" a Maverick; I "WANT" a Maverick. Honestly, since it is the ONLY vehicle that will provide what I want, I'd wait 800 days. My choice, not Ford's leash.

Edit: My biggest bitch is the terribly sloppy reporting system they call a tracker. They should fire the IT folks who manage it.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
MrKombi

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP must have missed that part. 😉
OP knows that.

OP also knows that a million dollars was offered pre-trial as a settlement. ;)

If the case was so airtight....they would have never offered so much.

Kudos to Pepsi for successfully "judge-shopping" and "jurisdiction-shopping". VERY well done......

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And do they perhaps also have "lots of orders" for Mavericks?

Did you make "an informed choice" by asking the dealer how many Maverick orders they had in front of YOU when you placed your order?

Only problem is..... Villa Ford likes to puff out their chest and say "We are a high-volume dealer......we have lots of allocations".

I am beginning to think otherwise........

Ford should publicize dealer allocations.....so consumers can make informed choices. I can choose from twenty different dealers within an hour of my house. I'm feeling like I chose the wrong one......

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP knows that.

OP also knows that a million dollars was offered pre-trial as a settlement. ;)

If the case was so airtight....they would have never offered so much.

Kudos to Pepsi for successfully "judge-shopping" and "jurisdiction-shopping". VERY well done......
It was a marketing promotion. Any normal thinking person saw the commercial and laughed at the points needed for the jet. Why? Because it was meant to be funny. Then there's always gonna be "that guy" that looks for the loopholes because they think they're smarter than everyone else. What did all of his time and effort get him? Nothing. You're right, they offered him a million and once again he thought he was smarter and was going to get more. Instead he got exactly what he deserved. Kudos to the judge for being a normal thinking person.

KFlo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Town and Country, future XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also in the cancelled Vin club, 474 days and counting. Seems there's quite a few of us still. The only constraints I have are it being a hybrid and the tow hitch.
Sponsored