FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In re the hesitancy for cloth seats. I'll tell you my last 3 cars have been leather, cloth, leather... respectively. I want the features of the Lariat but I would pay extra to have the cloth seats. I am NOT a fan of leather/leatherette. My bias also comes from living in Salt Lake City where it is blazing hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. Cloth is just more comfortable in my opinion.
Agree, I'm from an era where interiors went vinyl to luxurious cloth to rare true leather. Cloth is good when it's hot and as noted by others soft touch in no touch components is a waste. They used to do those pointless soft landau roof things for example in my formidable years.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I am not impressed by interior design teams talking about "courage" when it comes to the color scheme.

While I appreciate Sam's video, it is now September (almost 3 months from announce) and we have yet to see a true driving review or even know what the official EPA estimates are for the hybrid variant.

I haven't cancelled my order yet, but I am starting to look into other vehicles. I really don't want to take delivery in the middle of winter, especially since I will be making a 5 hour drive to pick this up when it gets to the dealer.

Or perhaps I'm just grumpy this morning.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to see an XL interior. Not just pictures.

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Man I can't decide if I want the Lariat or XLT. I've never had cloth seats and am terrified of spills and stains on the grey. I like the XLT interior a bit more but is it worth 4k more? hmmm
I feel you. Honestly the first weekend I have this truck I will be scotch guarding the cloth bits. It does work amazingly well.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I am not impressed by interior design teams talking about "courage" when it comes to the color scheme.

While I appreciate Sam's video, it is now September (almost 3 months from announce) and we have yet to see a true driving review or even know what the official EPA estimates are for the hybrid variant.

I haven't cancelled my order yet, but I am starting to look into other vehicles. I really don't want to take delivery in the middle of winter, especially since I will be making a 5 hour drive to pick this up when it gets to the dealer.

Or perhaps I'm just grumpy this morning.
Long MacArthur had a 2 minute video of the XLT FWD 2.0 L driving, Ford made them take it down but it was moving nicely. Another dealer had the Hybrid test drive (I forgot which one) they're being test driven now but Ford has an embargo on the reviews, probably till the end of September or early October so that they all get released at the same time.

Sponsored

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you go with the XLT get Lux package and co Pilot 360 I feel it’s the best bang for your buck. I was also having second thoughts about my order. But after thinking about it the only feature I would really want from the Lariat trim is Push start and smart key, to me it’s not worth the upgrade I would have to add a bunch of stuff to get it to the XLT with Lux and the main reason this pickup got my attention was the price and the MPG. I also can’t do the vinyl seats due to the hot climate in my state and the color is just not my jam.
I went with a white XLT with the lux pkg, sun roof, sliding rear window, floor trays and a soft tonneau cover. My '95 F-150 XL recently went to the Recycler's yard so I'm looking forward to perhaps a Nov/Dec delivery. Meanwhile my '08 Grand Marquis will have to do double duty.

lostinacrowd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also didn't want the "leather", but not getting adaptive CC and lane centering (not keeping, but centering) as well as not getting dual zone climate was a deal breaker at the XLT level.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Here's a feature that no one thinks they want - until they've driven a car that has it:
  • Acoustic Windshield
I'll stand over here while the laughter subsides. It's Ok, I can take it.
Every time you drive a car with an acoustic windshield you can tell that it's more quiet than usual.
Then, when it rains, you won't believe it. You can talk and hear the radio for a change.
I think only the Lariat has this feature. By itself, it's not worth getting a Lariat. But if you add it to the other stuff that comes standard on a Lariat...well, it enticed me to go ahead and order it.
It's all good. Everyone should buy what they want and not worry about what other people think. No matter how you outfit one of these cool new trucks, you're going to win.
Sponsored