First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we should abandon all the "what do we call it" ideas. Let's make a new "description" that is all ready has. Its a "Maverick". I think it fits.

maverick

măv′ər-ĭk, măv′rĭk
noun
  1. A person who shows independence of thought and action, especially by refusing to adhere to the policies of a group to which he or she belongs.
  2. An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.
  3. On the great cattle-ranges of the United States, an animal found without an owner's brand, particularly a calf away from its dam, on which the finder puts his own or his employer's brand; or one of a number of such animals gathered in a general round-up or muster of the herds of different owners feeding together, which are distributed in a manner agreed upon.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been calling it at ute, mini truck, micro truck, truck lit, whatever to people. I think it is a positive emphasis in a playful way to it being small but practical. But I do like ute, that'll probably be my long-term descriptor once I get it.

Interestingly when I rented a Santa Cruz, upon return the agent asked how I liked it. I responded that it was eye-opening, and I was considering it and the Maverick for purchase. His response was "oh so you like the utes?" I knew exactly what he meant and it resulted in a nice conversation with him about his thoughts on the vehicles. Despite having not seen one myself, they do also have Mavericks for rent he said. For what it's worth he's much higher on the Maverick than Santa cruz.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"Pickup"