Sponsored

USB LED for console lighting. Great Idea !

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found these on Amazon. You can adjust the color and brightness for console and floor lighting. They have a light sensor on them to.

20240110_202008.jpg

Screenshot_20240110_202059_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Yes, I missed the console lighting deleted on my 24 that my 22 Lariat had so I bought a two pack of said item. I use one in the console and I have a USB port in the back seat, I used the second one for the rear seat. Very simple solution.

I followed a thread where someone purchased the deleted console light assembly, $42, cut out the marked lower console and wired the OEM to the footwell courtesy lights but I didn't want to risk causing problems with what seems to be a sensitive and fragile electrical system so I went your route.

skries

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I missed the console lighting deleted on my 24 that my 22 Lariat had so I bought a two pack of said item. I use one in the console and I have a USB port in the back seat, I used the second one for the rear seat. Very simple solution.

I followed a thread where someone purchased the deleted console light assembly, $42, cut out the marked lower console and wired the OEM to the footwell courtesy lights but I didn't want to risk causing problems with what seems to be a sensitive and fragile electrical system so I went your route.
Do you have any comment on the rear USB light? Mine wouldn't turn off like the usb in front console.

dldjtad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be wrong, but I think it takes a while for the rear 12 V lighter socket to shut down after turning off the truck

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have any comment on the rear USB light? Mine wouldn't turn off like the usb in front console.
RE: Rear USB socket = I believe there is a delay. My package [2 pack labelled "USB Atmosphere Light" from Amazon] says "10S memory retention".

After engine shut off but before exiting the vehicle there is retained accessory power [that allows the radio to play, power windows to operate etc.]. The ten second delay extends beyond that. After opening a door the vehicle retained acc power is cancelled; the USB device has it's own additional retention beyond that for 10 seconds.

Sponsored

skries

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine stayed on for over an hour so I just pulled it. Maybe the brand. Will check these out. Thanks!

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn- that's where my Android Auto Wireless plugs in. Maybe someone makes a "multi-adapter" that would allow both of these to work from the same USB port?

Cobra1guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn- that's where my Android Auto Wireless plugs in. Maybe someone makes a "multi-adapter" that would allow both of these to work from the same USB port?
A 4 port USB hub from Amazon 8.00

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid