First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I initially submitted my order back in October of 2021, I spec'd out a pretty basic XL model the only real addition being Copilot 360. Since then, though I have had an order confirmation, I've had not been assigned a VIN or scheduled for a build. I'm assuming I will be rolling over to a 2023 model. I've saved up a bit more money in the 9 months since that initial order, and now would like to think about maybe getting an XLT instead if I have to reorder. Will that push me back in line or what other implications might there be should I do that?
Sponsored

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No as long as you dont cancel your original order so you get your private offer from Ford . Thats what Tim Bartz videos have said .

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy
Iā€™ve been wondering this too. I think I will change colors to cyber orange but itā€™s only available in xlt and up and not xl.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve answered this already but Iā€™m too lazy to read through everything and try to figure out the newest rules.
Sorry

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy
Iā€™ve been wondering this too. I think I will change colors to cyber orange but itā€™s only available in xlt and up and not xl.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve answered this already but Iā€™m too lazy to read through everything and try to figure out the newest rules.
Sorry
I will get another confirmation on this but last month I was told you could change your order when going from 22 to 23.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will get another confirmation on this but last month I was told you could change your order when going from 22 to 23.
If I'm not scheduled by now then would you say I'm a MY23 build? Mine is just a simple XL EB AWD with no constraints

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
If I'm not scheduled by now then would you say I'm a MY23 build? Mine is just a simple XL EB AWD with no constraints
No, they are scheduling 4000 ecoboost orders in August yet.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, they are scheduling 4000 ecoboost orders in August yet.
Iā€™m holding on until August scheduling is done. If not scheduled Iā€™ve already priced a Ridgeline RTL E at MSRP. Iā€™m to old to wait another year for the Maverick. My disappointment with this whole process has magnified since Ford Motor Company decided to stop building XLT LUX/CP360 completely. No reason for it, except to help the ā€œNew Ordersā€ for MY23, their silence is deafening on any real plan for the Re-Orders except to say, they will send a magical private order one day soon and not mention if the older MY22 orders will be made first. I remember 1/2 thru the order process they said they were ā€œquickly pivotingā€ to a first in first out system. Just watching here Iā€™ve seen identical orders dated months after my September order scheduled and delivered. I really enjoyed the Tuesday night videos, please keep up the good work!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m holding on until August scheduling is done. If not scheduled Iā€™ve already priced a Ridgeline RTL E at MSRP. Iā€™m to old to wait another year for the Maverick. My disappointment with this whole process has magnified since Ford Motor Company decided to stop building XLT LUX/CP360 completely. No reason for it, except to help the ā€œNew Ordersā€ for MY23, their silence is deafening on any real plan for the Re-Orders except to say, they will send a magical private order one day soon and not mention if the older MY22 orders will be made first. I remember 1/2 thru the order process they said they were ā€œquickly pivotingā€ to a first in first out system. Just watching here Iā€™ve seen identical orders dated months after my September order scheduled and delivered. I really enjoyed the Tuesday night videos, please keep up the good work!
The reason is that they probably are missing necessary components to build the Luxury packages.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The reason is that they probably are missing necessary components to build the Luxury packages.
Had they done my order before those ordered after me, they would have, in fact did have plenty of Lux package parts.. Ford chose to build newer orders first.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had they done my order before those ordered after me, they would have, in fact did have plenty of Lux package parts.. Ford chose to build newer orders first.
Allocation is still at play. I know that Ford did change the formula to favor older orders over normal allocation factors, but it is still a lot more complicated than simply

Allocation is still needed to schedule orders. The formula for giving allocation to dealers for Mavericks was adjusted to grant allocation for older orders ... but allocation is still given to country, then to region, then to zone, and then to dealers. What zone your dealership is in and how many Maverick orders they have both play a factor. And in what order dealership's orders are looked at for scheduling in a given week.

I get the frustration, but the process is much more complicated than simply age of order.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No clue, but it is available through Android Auto or Apple CarPlay if you sign up for the app service through Sirius.
A big difference though between using Sirius with carplay and having a actual Sirius radio. The former requires that you have an internet signal. A satellite radio only requires that you have a clear view of the sky. The latter will get you reception almost anywhere, whereas you'd have to be in range of a cell tower to use it via the Android Auto or Carplay options.

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm leaning towards upgrading my Hybrid XLT to Lariat if I have to reorder. Maybe the extra boost in profitability will incent Ford to finally build me a truck.
Sponsored