Sponsored

Undercoating / rustproofing Mavericks. RU?

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NH Oil Undercoating for me.
Great choice. I had their Wax-N-Oil product applied to my Maverick. Not messy and tacks enough that it does not crack. Self healing product that you can touch and not rub off.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like many of us, waiting for my build date just gives me more time to think about what I want to do to my CG 2.0 XLT AWD loaded except for moonroof and FX4.

I have asked two dealerships for what they would use (to be fair, only a couple of days out from asking). I also talked with Chad today at a Ziebart franchise in Bloomington, MN who quoted $799 for both undercoating and rustproofing applications (yearly update for $60.00 to keep warranty up). There was some disconnect about if the shields (for air flow mpg) would be removed during their process, so I sent the video of underneath a Maverick 2.0 AWD.

For those of us who live in snow country, are you thinking of undercoating/ rustproofing your Maverick and if so, who are you planning to use and why?

thanks to all
I bought some spray cans of undercoating from Amazon for my Maverick when it comes in

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Either one is better than nothing if you live in snow country or travel brined roads often.
Yeah, the salt is a killer. Some of the car washes up here use recycled water which has salt in it.
Sponsored