Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mustang GT, 24 Mav Atlas AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow, Peeturd, that is a great mix.
Not surprising, I use two-thirds of your mix as my Cement Driveway sealer. I use the equal parts of the Mineral Spirits and Boiled Linseed Oil. Got the recipe from an old Cement guy. It works great. I reapply every other fall. No pitting in cement from winter salt. It is a bit tacky if I apply it too thick and it turns the cement a darker color, but it looks great in my opinion. Thanks for the idea, but the "messy part" might keep me out? I will keep your recipe, in case I change my mind.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't remove my rocker panel covers but otherwise coated the entire underside liberally with 4 cans of fluid film. It cost $55 for 6 cans. So assuming I'll use all 6 when removing the rocker panels after 4-5 years of application it really doesn't need additional coats,

That is less than $300 for rust protection.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone here have experience with this product? It came highly recommended by a customer. But with a sample size of one, I would like a bit more feedback. https://www.berkebileoil.com/pfc-undercoating.html
I had that stuff sprayed on my 06 Siverado 1500. I did not like it. It did not hold up for a year. I rarely drove my truck. I don't think I put 1200 miles on it. Entire undercarriage was dry. Could not tell it was ever sprayed. The only place that had any left was under the hood on inner fenders.
Might of been bad application of the product. When I removed the taillight to change a bulb it was dry. Still had Kansas dust back there. Purchased it out mid west. Still think the product is useless and you have to respray every year if it even lasts that long. You would think it would not wear off from not driving it. Could not blame it on sloppy road either cause I didn't drive it that winter. Ever since that I discovered NHOU undercoating.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No surprises, so far........

Ziebart continues to have the worst reviews.
Fluid Film (Lanolin Woolwax, etc) is well liked.
Berkebill PFC sounds similar to Fluid Film (Translucent and only lasts for a year?)
NHOU sounds good, but I have not found an installer for this product in my area.

Still hoping to get feedback on ValuGard. This product is typically installed by Line-X and has been around for 10 plus years. I still haven't found any negative reviews on it. Only positive feedback.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Surprised you can"t find a NHOU installer in your area. I would think Ohio would have some. There are quite a few places in w. Pa. that use this product. Within a 35 mile range I know of at least 3 places using NHOU products. May be worth a trip to Pa. to get it done on your Maverick. At least you would only have to go once every 2 years.
Did you go online to do a search of retailers in Ohio?
Sponsored