Sponsored

Unable to change order due to commodity shortage?

Jtracing919

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I went into my dealer to change my order today. I am changing from hybrid xlt to EcoBoost AWD with towing. They came back and said they weren't able to submit my order because something I changed to was in shortage? They said normally it's not an issue changing an order. They are going to contact ford and follow up with me. Has any had this issue?
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I went into my dealer to change my order today. I am changing from hybrid xlt to EcoBoost AWD with towing. They came back and said they weren't able to submit my order because something I changed to was in shortage? They said normally it's not an issue changing an order. They are going to contact ford and follow up with me. Has any had this issue?
What options did you order?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be a resultant shortage due to the Ecoboost 4K FWDs converting to Ecoboost 4K AWDs?

Perhaps an AWD-related component shortage not previously anticipated prior the elimination of the FWD 4K?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jtracing919

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My order was Xlt, 2.0, AWD, 4k towing, full size spare.
Hopefully I will hear something soon from them about what is causing the issue.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm none of that is constraining. Ask your dealer what the constraint is.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
That’s exactly my build plus I got the rear slider and optional wheels and tires. Scheduled for 10/04. That’s strange.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s exactly my build plus I got the rear slider and optional wheels and tires. Scheduled for 10/04. That’s strange.
While I trust our big 3 here in the forums, other dealers have been known to… stretch reality a bit. Always to their advantage. They may be hoping he will reject it so they have a stock unit early for markup/shrug

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Just because you got scheduled, does not mean that there couldn't be a recent constraint on something that you ordered. You're already scheduled, meaning Ford will have everything needed to build yours on or about 10/4. If anything in your build has become a constraint in even the past few days (i.e. it wasn't a constraint when yours was scheduled), that will certainly cause potential for delay on any future identical builds and may prevent them from scheduling. Telling someone you have an identical build that's already been scheduled is unnecessary. Constraints on various options can start and stop at anytime.
No offense but I didn’t realize something had to be “necessary” to be posted. I wasn’t trying to rub his face in the fact that mine was scheduled. I was just trying to share my own experience that might in the smallest way be related. Last time I checked, we were still allowed to do that. If you want to spend your time cleaning up what you deem “unnecessary” around here, you’re going to be a busy man.

Yes, I understand that anything can happen in a short span of time. It just seems odd to me that such a basic build would be constrained now when Ford has been scheduling them like a wildfire over the past three weeks. Not saying it can’t happen. Just strange.

Your response is on topic, potentially helpful, and appreciated. But the chastisement and/or direction as to what someone posts is not. I and anyone else you respond directly to would probably appreciate it if you leave that out.

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I wonder how there could now be constraints? Hmmm... Supply outpacing demand is all it takes right? And how've they been scheduling them? Ever consider that supply might not be able to keep up with a "wildfire"-like demand....
Yessir, I completely understand and already said you are correct in your reply. I just asked that you refrain from directing as to what we should or shouldn’t post, especially when the intent was to be helpful…whether you found it helpful or not.

This may be unnecessary as well but I’d also point out that neither AWD nor 4K has appeared on any constrained list that I’m aware of. Doesn’t mean it isn’t, I know. Just something to consider.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
No apology necessary but it is appreciated. I apologize as well if I overreacted. Sometimes the tone that someone writes in isn’t always the tone it gets read in. Nature of the beast there was well.

OP, please let us know what you find out. If either of those major options are constrained now, I’m sure people would like to know.
Sponsored