Sponsored

Unable to change color due to "Commit run".

Hawkeye58

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called my dealer yesterday to remove the trailer hitch from my order. Salesperson found out that my order was locked so it could not be removed. Is that a good thing? By the way, thanks to all on this forum for keeping everyone informed.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was "locked " by regional sales at Priority 2 and previewing for scheduling.
You may act
Called my dealer yesterday to remove the trailer hitch from my order. Salesperson found out that my order was locked so it could not be removed. Is that a good thing? By the way, thanks to all on this forum for keeping everyone informed.
Orders will lock and unlock for various reasons. Usually when Ford is "previewing" orders. Doesn't mean you are getting scheduled. Just means Ford is reviewing the mix of orders in the system and doesn't want a bunch of changes happening as the computers review things and plan production.

They will unlock again, then lock again, then unlock, then lock, etc. When you get to Priority 2, your order will lock and stay locked until scheduled for production.

But once you are issued a VIN and scheduled, your order is unlocked again, and you can ATTEMPT to make changes. However, at that point, all changes are subject to plant approval. A color change is almost always allowed at this point, but adding or removing options, packages, etc. may not be approved.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess we;re worse than a couple of
That reminds me of a friend of mine in Vegas he bet red lost, bet black lost, bet red lost!! Get the point just keep what you ordered and you may actually get your truck
It's built,,, Ready to ship.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may act

Orders will lock and unlock for various reasons. Usually when Ford is "previewing" orders. Doesn't mean you are getting scheduled. Just means Ford is reviewing the mix of orders in the system and doesn't want a bunch of changes happening as the computers review things and plan production.

They will unlock again, then lock again, then unlock, then lock, etc. When you get to Priority 2, your order will lock and stay locked until scheduled for production.

But once you are issued a VIN and scheduled, your order is unlocked again, and you can ATTEMPT to make changes. However, at that point, all changes are subject to plant approval. A color change is almost always allowed at this point, but adding or removing options, packages, etc. may not be approved.
Mine was locked at Priority 2 from mid-April until late June when we followed Ford recommendations to remove constrained items. Regional had to unlock it, then we removed everything but my 4K tow package, and my dealer reset my Priority to 10. Within a couple days regional reset me to Priority 2, then I got my VIN and scheduled production date about 2 weeks later. I wasn't going to tempt fate and ask for any changes at this point! After multiple schedule date pushbacks, and lack of allocations to my dealer, I finally got built on Oct 6.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We already have a convoluted order process and communication issues between dealers and Ford. And this forum is full of people expecting regular updates on the build and delivery process while wanting to continuosly make changes like paint color up until the day it's rolling down the production line.

Here I am just happy I got a truck and have been very happy with it. Ford made a giant mistake going to this type of model before it was ready for prime time. They should have just built as many as they could and sent them out to dealers.

Sponsored

ToastyScones

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have Cactus Gray, trying to switch to Area 51, I like both, but I think I might like Area 51 a little more, but I won't be too sad if it doesn't happen. I would really like to get Avalanche Grey, but that's only available on the Tremor package.
Area 51 is a great choice it was my color for my XL

dccomicsok

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 23 ford Maverick xlt lux w 360 removed lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is hard to sort out a lazy dealer response of "I already made a sale...too late to ask me to do any extra work" from the situation where it really is too late to change things. If it is too late, then I'd think you should at least have a VIN at that point? Not positive when the actual "No changes" occurs. I wanted to make a change but was easily talked out of it as a cancelled/re-order as I did not want to do anything to cause ANY issue in the process.
I finally spoke to ford and they confirmed that my order is locked for scheduling and I cannot make changes to it.
Sponsored