Sponsored

Unable to change color due to "Commit run".

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would keep the cactus. I switched from A51 to silver after I started seeing A51's on the freeway (color looked off to me). I seriously considered switching to cactus as well but I decided to go with silver after seeing the silver in person.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldn't sweat it too much. I was able to switch my truck from Hot Pepper Red to Cactus Gray after a VIN was issued. My gray truck is currently on a rail car in Pennsylvania and will be delivered, I hope, before Christmas.
Hey, congrats on your “almost here” status! Great to know of another Maverick coming home to Pennsylvania.

Ours has been built, as of 12/01. Just waiting for it the ship … and travel those 4,000 miles to get here.

How long did it take after yours was built before it shipped?

How long did it take to get to Pennsylvania?

Ford estimated ours will arrive at the dealer the first week of January. But according to our windshield sticker, it is slated to end up at a rail yard in New Castle, Del. And then, I guess, be brought by truck up here to the Poconos?

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not you.

Don't listen to me.

If you can get your first choice scheduled,,,,TAKE IT.

at some point you really thought that was the best.

TpaTruck

I went to my dealer today to change the color of my Maverick, when they tried to make the change in the system it was not allowed due to a "Commit Run". My salesman was surprised to see that because it's a Monday, he said if my Maverick does get scheduled they still may be able to change the coler by talking to a "scheduler". Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?
I have a similar situation, except my dealer hasn't mentioned any message saying "commit run". He tried to remove the BAP from my order about 6 weeks ago and they have not been able to remove it in their system this entire time. I've had them check it 10 times. I've asked him and this forum with no solutions... I even talked to Tim the Ford guy and he gave me two solutions that did not work. This is where I wish there was somebody that we could contact above our dealerships for help!...and I don't mean Ford chat or marketing. They don't know much.

I have not been scheduled, nor have a VIN, nor have I been in previewing mode at all.

'23 XLT, Atlas, EB, CP360, Moonroof and BAP

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey, congrats on your “almost here” status! Great to know of another Maverick coming home to Pennsylvania.

Ours has been built, as of 12/01. Just waiting for it the ship … and travel those 4,000 miles to get here.

How long did it take after yours was built before it shipped?

How long did it take to get to Pennsylvania?

Ford estimated ours will arrive at the dealer the first week of January. But according to our windshield sticker, it is slated to end up at a rail yard in New Castle, Del. And then, I guess, be brought by truck up here to the Poconos?
Mine was built 11/16 and shipped 11/17. It's in Delaware now but not certain whether it has been unloaded from the rail car yet. So it has taken about 2.5 weeks to get from Mexico to Delaware. Estimate for delivery to dealer is 12/12-18.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was built 11/16 and shipped 11/17. It's in Delaware now but not certain whether it has been unloaded from the rail car yet. So it has taken about 2.5 weeks to get from Mexico to Delaware. Estimate for delivery to dealer is 12/12-18.
Thanks! That’s all good to know, although I wish they’d get our truck on a train already. Maybe this week …

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks! That’s all good to know, although I wish they’d get our truck on a train already. Maybe this week …
I wish you the best! Honestly, the time in transit has proven to be perhaps the most difficult waiting of all. After so many months, to know your truck is actually built and is out there somewhere, just raises the level of anticipation even higher.

OP
OP

Roscop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a similar situation, except my dealer hasn't mentioned any message saying "commit run". He tried to remove the BAP from my order about 6 weeks ago and they have not been able to remove it in their system this entire time. I've had them check it 10 times. I've asked him and this forum with no solutions... I even talked to Tim the Ford guy and he gave me two solutions that did not work. This is where I wish there was somebody that we could contact above our dealerships for help!...and I don't mean Ford chat or marketing. They don't know much.

I have not been scheduled, nor have a VIN, nor have I been in previewing mode at all.

'23 XLT, Atlas, EB, CP360, Moonroof and BAP

That sounds very frustrating, I don't understand why Ford doesn't hav3 some type of procedure in place to escalate and resolve these type of problems, hopefully it will get resolved.

TpaTruck

That sounds very frustrating, I don't understand why Ford doesn't hav3 some type of procedure in place to escalate and resolve these type of problems, hopefully it will get resolved.
It's to the point where I'm ready to say f it. I like the BAP, just wanted to save the expense.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I usually can't stand salesman, but my salesman has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable, very happy with the service he's provided. I guess I was wondering since the system was locked with the "commit run", does that possibly mean that my particular Maverick is being looked at for scheduling, or all the Mavericks at my dealership?
Just guessing but looks like Ford's ordering system (or maybe all of Ford's cloud based system) at the time was unavailable due to setting up a new "container" (a box containing a set of programs, data, etc) in a multitasking computer setup along with duplicate "containers" and were being "committed" to operation. Lock upon system should be opened shortly but only when all containers are up and hand offs are synchronized.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had them remove the lux from my xlt here while back. I asked my dealer to put it back on today. He came back and said it’s too late to add or subtract anything. I’m curious if mine is going be scheduled soon too
Mine was "locked " by regional sales at Priority 2 and previewing for scheduling.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After, no emails from Ford for months I pressed my salesman hard to confirm my order, he says he will look into it (get my order number check with ford etc. )
He called and said my truck was no longer in there systems. Panic!
Few hours later, a higher up with more knowledge and experience figures it was because it should show up in transit next… months later it did.
My Hybrid was built in Oct 21 a few months after ordering. And before I called my sales guy to check.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's funny, i had Cactus Grey, switched to Area 51,,,,, then went back to cactus Grey.
That reminds me of a friend of mine in Vegas he bet red lost, bet black lost, bet red lost!! Get the point just keep what you ordered and you may actually get your truck

Hawkeye58

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to my dealer today to change the color of my Maverick, when they tried to make the change in the system it was not allowed due to a "Commit Run". My salesman was surprised to see that because it's a Monday, he said if my Maverick does get scheduled they still may be able to change the coler by talking to a "scheduler". Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?
Sponsored