Sponsored

Turning off seatbelt confirmation w/Forscan: anyone done it on a '24?

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had mine 4 days and already I'm tired of pressing 'OK' to clear the seatbelt prompt...I have an OBD cable arriving tomorrow and am already hoping that this in tucked away somewhere that I can disable it. Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS wear a seatbelt but having to press OK to clear the display is pointless to me.
One thing I tried to eliminate the seat belt map lingering well after I drive off [before I used to hit the OK button to get rid of map after I was belted in] is I plugged in the 3 rear seat belts and I noted that when I now plug in my driver belt the map immediately disappears. I’ve found a few wonky software glitchiness items with this new truck, intermittent CarPlay laziness to connect via wire, bluetooth wireless connectivity to phone when not plugged in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One thing I tried to eliminate the seat belt map lingering well after I drive off [before I used to hit the OK button to get rid of map after I was belted in] is I plugged in the 3 rear seat belts and I noted that when I now plug in my driver belt the map immediately disappears. I’ve found a few wonky software glitchiness items with this new truck, intermittent CarPlay laziness to connect via wire, bluetooth wireless connectivity to phone when not plugged in.
I've tried that and I still get the 'nag' screen. I'm sharing a video I found from a Ford Focus owner in Germany that managed to turn his off in Forscan; when I tried it, it didn't work. Maybe it will work on yours? Note: turn your CC on unless you understand German...he has a video on how to adjust the heated steering wheel temperature and It worked for me.

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That may be true, but you can't change the drive modes until you get rid of the friggin' nag screen. 🙄
Yep, there's always quite a few contrarians ready to remind you of your impatience. It's all of the nags added up that after a while make driving less fun. I'm so glad I disabled the engine stop/start nonsense. Disabled the hyperflash because my replacement LED bulbs don't have enough resistance, etc.

Sponsored

Bob S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
24 Lariat hybrid, buckling the 3 rear seatbelts worked for me, reminder screen goes away a soon as I buckle my seatbelt now.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate ALL the prompts that alert me while I’m trying to leave: seat belts, parking brake, seat belts again. Drive modes can be changed during prompts but u can’t see it. In other words FORD MOTOR COMPANY, make it an option we as customers can disable!!

Hcopter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ranger, 2023 Maverick Lariat, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
24 Lariat hybrid, buckling the 3 rear seatbelts worked for me, reminder screen goes away a soon as I buckle my seatbelt now.
Same for me, 23 Lariat hybrid.

All three rears must be plugged in but not the front passenger. I had previously disabled the seatbelt chime for both front seats using the plug/unplug routine so that may be why the front passenger doesn't have to be plugged in. Is it possible to use the same routine to disable the chime for the rear seats, and thus the pop-up?

Bob S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am guessing the rear seats don't have weight sensors in them, which also would be why the front passenger belt doesn't need to be buckled.

Hcopter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried the chime disable procedure a few times in the back seat with no luck. I'm just going to leave the back belts latched since I rarely have anyone ride back there.

Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing I tried to eliminate the seat belt map lingering well after I drive off [before I used to hit the OK button to get rid of map after I was belted in] is I plugged in the 3 rear seat belts and I noted that when I now plug in my driver belt the map immediately disappears.
Works great for my XL! I have been looking for a fix for 2 years. Thank you!

Hcopter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made up three simple, dummy clips from some of the plastic I had left from filling the gap left by my rear, driver's side mud flap. Thanks to whoever discovered that latching the rear seatbelts would turn off the pop-up.

Ford Maverick Turning off seatbelt confirmation w/Forscan: anyone done it on a '24? 1710047167957

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did that initially and the screen stays on in my '24 XLT. I may try it again, though.

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing I tried to eliminate the seat belt map lingering well after I drive off [before I used to hit the OK button to get rid of map after I was belted in] is I plugged in the 3 rear seat belts and I noted that when I now plug in my driver belt the map immediately disappears.
As a somewhat further workaround to more permanently eliminate the “who's belted in map” in cluster at start up vs. above issue, I wired in some 330ohm resistors into buckle harness connectors (car facing connector side) under rear seat. Now it doesn’t matter if rear belts are actually buckled or not. Resistors simulate conditions of buckled belt. I figured this was more convenient/permanent than always having to re-buckle empty seats after someone has sat in second row. Also more convenient for whomever sits in back seat does not have to first unbuckle belts before getting in.
Sponsored

Last edited: